Richlands VS. Abingdon

Bulldog05

1 hour ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Ok. Now we can talk about this one.  I like Richlands at home by 10.   

I hope you’re right. I have no idea how to pick it. I like to think we have fixed some things in the off week, but who knows? I know Pulaski is good, but that was a big butt whipping. So I have no clue. 

I could see Richlands pulling this one out. Coming off a bye week, fixing & adjusting some things, Abingdon also maybe over hyped coming in to the season. Richlands needs to stop relying on Forrest so much though. Funny how they can always get to the 20-30 yard line and then just settle for 3. Need to stop settling for FG's and get the TD's. Maybe set Forrest and tell the offense to learn to not lean on him so much.

18 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

I could see Richlands pulling this one out. Coming off a bye week, fixing & adjusting some things, Abingdon also maybe over hyped coming in to the season. Richlands needs to stop relying on Forrest so much though. Funny how they can always get to the 20-30 yard line and then just settle for 3. Need to stop settling for FG's and get the TD's. Maybe set Forrest and tell the offense to learn to not lean on him so much.

Blues can't seem to move the ball once they get inside the 20...

All of those who say Abingdon was overhyped, have you ever thought that...

A. Pulaski was a 4A school 

B. That maybe Pulaski was just that good. They would have dominated all the 2A schools Abingdon plays in the same fashion. 

C. Abingdon will still beat 2A schools the rest of the way if they play the right way. 

I say Abingdon by 2 tds. 

1 minute ago, Pioneer pride said:

All of those who say Abingdon was overhyped, have you ever thought that...

A. Pulaski was a 4A school 

B. That maybe Pulaski was just that good. They would have dominated all the 2A schools Abingdon plays in the same fashion. 

C. Abingdon will still beat 2A schools the rest of the way if they play the right way. 

I say Abingdon by 2 tds. 

If you’re predicting a AHS win, maybe I should feel better about our chances? Hahahah. I jest. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

If you’re predicting a AHS win, maybe I should feel better about our chances? Hahahah. I jest. 

Guess we will find out....I follow both Lebanon and Abingdon....due to employment. I work at Lebanon my wife works at AHS. And yes based on the body of work  between both teams right now I'd give the advantage  to Abingdon, but what do I know?

I haven't seen Richlands play this season but I did see Abingdon Friday against Pulaski. Abingdon had a linemen go down on the first play from scrimmage, which I assumed was the center. The next two snaps resulted in a TD and a Safety for PC. Afterwards the snaps got a little better but they were not on point almost all night. This threw Abingdon's timing off the entire night. With that being said, PC was still much better and much more physical than Abingdon. I believe PC would have won regardless of the injury on the first play. 

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Richlands has had an extra week to prepare for this game and they are playing at home against a team that just took a total whipping. I'll take Richlands in this one by 7-10 points. 

I would be curious to know if anyone knows if Abingdon will have the starting center back this week? That very well could be a huge factor in this one. 

1 hour ago, Pioneer pride said:

On point B, Pulaski would do that, I agree,.....this year. Not on most years. They've struggled and never really recovered or maintained being consistently good since Jeol Hicks left. This year, Pulaski may have it's best football team since 2001. 

On point C, I'm not sure Abingdon is better than Ridgeview. If both teams play their A game, I think Ridgeview is likely right there with em, and I would never count out Union.

1 hour ago, dshreeves said:

I haven't seen Richlands play this season but I did see Abingdon Friday against Pulaski. Abingdon had a linemen go down on the first play from scrimmage, which I assumed was the center. The next two snaps resulted in a TD and a Safety for PC. Afterwards the snaps got a little better but they were not on point almost all night. This threw Abingdon's timing off the entire night. With that being said, PC was still much better and much more physical than Abingdon. I believe PC would have won regardless of the injury on the first play. 

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Richlands has had an extra week to prepare for this game and they are playing at home against a team that just took a total whipping. I'll take Richlands in this one by 7-10 points. 

I would be curious to know if anyone knows if Abingdon will have the starting center back this week? That very well could be a huge factor in this one. 

Center ok ( will be back what I've heard)

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

On point B, Pulaski would do that, I agree,.....this year. Not on most years. They've struggled and never really recovered or maintained being consistently good since Jeol Hicks left. This year, Pulaski may have it's best football team since 2001. 

On point C, I'm not sure Abingdon is better than Ridgeview. If both teams play their A game, I think Ridgeview is likely right there with em, and I would never count out Union.

That's the reason you play the game... depends on if they bottle up Adkins like they did last year.... & Union ... what defense shows up

I’m anxious to finally see  Martin play. I say that he has a good game and Webb for Richlands has a good game.  To me , it will be which team has a few role players step up and it could be on offense or defense.  Who ever does, probably wins.  The 3 point play may be a factor this week.