Richlands VS. Abingdon

Bulldog05

I can't quite place my finger on it, but something is missing from this Abingdon team. If this game were 3 quarters long, I would give Richlands the victory, but I'm afraid the size of the Falcons my wear on the Richlands D line in the 4th. I have a feeling that Mance learned A LOT in the games against GC and Union, and will have a few surprises in store for the Falcons.

I'm going out on a limb and say that Richlands wins 31-28.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

I can't quite place my finger on it, but something is missing from this Abingdon team. If this game were 3 quarters long, I would give Richlands the victory, but I'm afraid the size of the Falcons my wear on the Richlands D line in the 4th. I have a feeling that Mance learned A LOT in the games against GC and Union, and will have a few surprises in store for the Falcons.

I'm going out on a limb and say that Richlands wins 31-28.

Wait...I’m confused. You said if the game is 3 quarters you give Richlands the win...but then turn around and pick Richlands. 

Not being an ass, just genuinely confused if that was a typo lol. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Wait...I’m confused. You said if the game is 3 quarters you give Richlands the win...but then turn around and pick Richlands. 

Not being an ass, just genuinely confused if that was a typo lol. 

I understand, haha. Guess I should have clarified. I think Richlands wins the game through 3 quarters, and IF Abingdon doesn't wear them down in the 4th, the Blues get the victory. I believe that Richlands has the pieces to beat the Falcons IF, and this is another big if, Mance has made the appropriate adjustments since the first 2 games. The 4th quarter will tell the tale.

I'm banking on those adjustments for my prediction. 🙂

21 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I understand, haha. Guess I should have clarified. I think Richlands wins the game through 3 quarters, and IF Abingdon doesn't wear them down in the 4th, the Blues get the victory. I believe that Richlands has the pieces to beat the Falcons IF, and this is another big if, Mance has made the appropriate adjustments since the first 2 games. The 4th quarter will tell the tale.

I'm banking on those adjustments for my prediction. 🙂

Okay. That clicked for me haha. I blame lack of sleep. 😂

I listened to the Falcons game last week. They were overwhelmed by Pulaski on both sides of the ball.  Pulaski is good.  I believe the Falcons will show up  with their singed feathers to make a statement this week against the Blues.  The Blues have been downgraded from an EF-5, but I believe the Tornado still has rotation and can get a win(d) Friday night.  

Not predicting a blowout for the Blues, but a tradition-rich program which can still set sails gusting. 

Blues 17 

Falcons 13

GO BLUES

It should be a close game that cat Abingdon has running the ball is a load but knowing Richlands with a week to prepare that will have a pretty good plan for stopping the run. I say Mance has a master game plan on offense and he squeaks by to get #200. Richlands wins 18-17 and kicks the game winning 6th field goal as time runs out

On 9/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, Pioneer pride said:

All of those who say Abingdon was overhyped, have you ever thought that...

A. Pulaski was a 4A school 

B. That maybe Pulaski was just that good. They would have dominated all the 2A schools Abingdon plays in the same fashion. 

C. Abingdon will still beat 2A schools the rest of the way if they play the right way. 

I say Abingdon by 2 tds. 

This aged well...

You Lebanon folks worry about enrollment numbers too much 😉

25 minutes ago, Pioneer pride said:

I don't live in Lebanon...but i do work at the school. Richlands  won I was wrong it happens not the end of the world. 

Thanks for picking Abingdon. Can you pick Bluefield next week, please? Lol 

20 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Thanks for picking Abingdon. Can you pick Bluefield next week, please? Lol 

Nope I'm picking Richlands but your method  isn't 100 percent  accurate  I picked Central haha. Good luck to Richlands the rest of the season. Lebanon will lose to you in football  but we will win in other sports haha.