Ridgeview at Central

Observer

6 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

This game will answer several questions as far as Central is concerned. Can the Warriors keep it within 2 scores? Can't wait for the outcome.

I see Ridgeview winning by 21.

this is the most intriguing game to me this week. Both teams have rolled inferior opponents and there's some chatter that Wise is legit and can make some noise. 

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

this is the most intriguing game to me this week. Both teams have rolled inferior opponents and there's some chatter that Wise is legit and can make some noise. 

They scrimmage 1A teams and their non conference games are 1A.  Really challenging this "next big thing" group.  Scrimmaged an awful Marion team, the only 2A competition.  Come on man!

7 hours ago, Ol Dawg said:

They scrimmage 1A teams and their non conference games are 1A.  Really challenging this "next big thing" group.  Scrimmaged an awful Marion team, the only 2A competition.  Come on man!

Lebanon is 2A right?

Wise stays close early but wilts late. The RV O-Line has looked fairly technically sound lately, but I think they lack the nasty to hold up against a physical team. If the Warriors have a big physical front 7 they have a chance. If not RV rolls in the 2nd half. 

8 hours ago, Ol Dawg said:

And it seems there is chatter every year that they are legit

10 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Is there anyway Central pulls the upset? Adkins according to some is best player in the region. Does Central have any weapons to combat his ability on offense? 

Crabtree is a good runner for them.  When they throw the ball, Brickey can go up and get it more times than not.  I don't believe Central can stop Adkins... but our defense is not the best either.  We gave up 503 yards to Shelby Valley the other night.  This game has potential to be a track meet.

14 minutes ago, Observer said:

If Central will keep the ball on the ground and throw in a pass here and there, they will hang around for two, maybe three quarters.  

Not sure that Central will be able to keep it on the ground. Central has ran sparingly between the tackles with a huge majorty of both carrys and yards are from sweeps (IMHO RV is to quick to aloww them to get outside if there is no inside run threat. I think Central will have to air it out to stay in the game.

48 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Crabtree is a good runner for them.  When they throw the ball, Brickey can go up and get it more times than not.  I don't believe Central can stop Adkins... but our defense is not the best either.  We gave up 503 yards to Shelby Valley the other night.  This game has potential to be a track meet.

503, is that a typo???

Central has 4-5 kids that can flat out run and a capable passing attack. 

1 hour ago, big ugly vol said:

Wise stays close early but wilts late. The RV O-Line has looked fairly technically sound lately, but I think they lack the nasty to hold up against a physical team. If the Warriors have a big physical front 7 they have a chance. If not RV rolls in the 2nd half. 

Central is pretty small up front overall, but pretty athletic. The Warriors cant man up with RV and beat them, but they may be able to out maneuver them.