Ridgeview at Central

Observer

8 hours ago, SWVAHSFF said:

No he did not Isaiah partially blocked the shot and the other kid pushed him into the wall. 

he didnt come close to blocking the shot/ he was behind him and pushed him in the back. go look at the film. 

This will be closer than a lot of people think. Wise seems on the way up, but looks like they are a year away from really contending in that conference. This is a bad matchup for them as well, it’s hard to beat Ridgeview at their own game, especially with a D1 running back. Should be a shootout though, RV has a young defense. 42-29, Ridgeview.

1 hour ago, The U Bear said:

he didnt come close to blocking the shot/ he was behind him and pushed him in the back. go look at the film. 

Doesn’t matter he’s not the one that made him hit the wall. You go look at the film Bear expert of all things Central. 

1 hour ago, SWVAHSFF said:

Doesn’t matter he’s not the one that made him hit the wall. You go look at the film Bear expert of all things Central. 

i did see the film. he ran straight to his daddy after he did it. whatever. everybody knows how they are. 

Honestly WHO CARES if Isaiah pushed somebody or if the coach told this one or that one to foul him or her or it.... none of those kids are playing in this game tomorrow night. If you want to argue about basketball go somewhere else and do it. This is a thread about the game. I hate getting on here and seeing people bring up junk that has NOTHING TO DO with the current players and the current game. Got a prediction? Got insight on the offense or defense or strategy? Let's hear it. Otherwise hash out the things that don't matter on Topix or some other low budget rednecked toilet water site. We come on here because we are interested in SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA FOOTBALL.  

13 hours ago, jonah58 said:

Honestly WHO CARES if Isaiah pushed somebody or if the coach told this one or that one to foul him or her or it.... none of those kids are playing in this game tomorrow night. If you want to argue about basketball go somewhere else and do it. This is a thread about the game. I hate getting on here and seeing people bring up junk that has NOTHING TO DO with the current players and the current game. Got a prediction? Got insight on the offense or defense or strategy? Let's hear it. Otherwise hash out the things that don't matter on Topix or some other low budget rednecked toilet water site. We come on here because we are interested in SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA FOOTBALL.  

Triggered

I was very impressed with RV up front but I havnt seen them since they lost 2 of their lineman. Wise Central has a sneaky good front 7 they are big but they fly around like crazy and I not easily blocked. I’m not calling for an upset but don’t under estimate this Central team I think it will be a close one if Atkins can do what he usually does then they win but this will be his toughest test this season for sure

This game has the potential to get ugly fast if the refs don’t get a handle of things early. These two teams hate each other. And we all know about the incident after the little league game. 

3 minutes ago, UK2000 said:

This game has the potential to get ugly fast if the refs don’t get a handle of things early. These two teams hate each other. And we all know about the incident after the little league game. 

This game won't get out of hand or ugly. I have watched this team for years and they don't do that stuff. None of those coaches or players or families that were involved in that mess are on this team. You are just trying to stir things up and set the stage. 

I understand that, but it only adds to this rivalry. I’m sure centrals kids have a huge chip on their shoulder after those two embarrassing games last year. I know kids on both sides and they straight up don’t each other. I hope it doesn’t get out of hand. Should be a good game and atmosphere. 

50 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

I was very impressed with RV up front but I havnt seen them since they lost 2 of their lineman. 

Only 1 played on offence and so far his replacement looks as good as any other starter RV went into the season with ALOT of depth on the line.

I think that tonight's gameplan for central is to not give up the 20+ yard TD runs and make RV put together a 10 to 15 play drive to score.

On the other side of the ball RV will try to set the edges and make Central move the ball between the tackles

1 hour ago, UK2000 said:

1 hour ago, jonah58 said:

This game won't get out of hand or ugly. I have watched this team for years and they don't do that stuff. None of those coaches or players or families that were involved in that mess are on this team. You are just trying to stir things up and set the stage. 

jonah58 is spot on.  The starting QB and several of Central's starters were out on the field Friday night talking it up and being friendly with our starting QB and Adkins.  I think we as fans... and parents may take the stuff too far.  But the kids seem to be cool with one another.

Sort of obvious Central is doing some things right.   Not sure that they are able to beat Ridgeview right now but it wouldn't shock me if they give them a battle.   Central will be ready for it, and the problem with Ridgeview so far has been playing a full game.   If Central can stay in it and put the pressure on Ridgeview, it could be interesting.

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

jonah58 is spot on.  The starting QB and several of Central's starters were out on the field Friday night talking it up and being friendly with our starting QB and Adkins.  I think we as fans... and parents may take the stuff too far.  But the kids seem to be cool with one another.

They have played against each other since they were 6. They know what's going on. 

On 9/12/2019 at 8:17 PM, jonah58 said:

You can easily scroll past it.  Central has a few coaches that arent very well versed in sportsmanship.   It crosses over to other sports