Week 3 updates

Tigers_07

Union High School @unionbearslive

Players emerging from the locker room to stretch and warmup. If your ballgame is finished, come to Whitesburg and watch the second half of our ballgame!!       :)

Union High School @unionbearslive
Bears taking the field...again...with 3:50 remaining in the 1st half after lightening delay. Bears lead the Cougars 21-6.pic.twitter.com/2rh15SWfjK – at Letcher County Central High School
great state

7 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Truly blows my mind that a school Burton's size could hang 56 on a school Lee High's size and worse do it in Lee's house. It's going to be a brutal season for the Generals:(

Next two opponents are Patrick Henry and Ridgeview....Burton ran the ball pretty well...got Brown and Adkins next!  Yeah.

Allen Gregory @Greg_BHCSports 

Ridgeview 41, wise central 20 final as Adkins rushes for 361 yards on 35 carries. #hcfh

Times News Sports Retweeted
 Daniel Boone @booneblazerlive
Final score here in Elizabethton- the Cyclones defeat the Blazers with a score of 35-12

Gate City @bluedevilslive
Final score GC 12 - South 42

great state

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

#VHSL Football, Final: Patrick Henry 40, Hurley 20 (via call-in). The Rebels from Washington County are 3-0. #HCFH

Tanner Cook  📰 @tcookJCPKTN
FINAL: Volunteer 24, Sullivan East 21. Dylan White’s pass is batted down at the 30 as time expires. Volunteer gets win No. 2. Battle of Hawkins County next week in Rogersville! @tnsportslive @vhsfalconslive

Rye Cove Eagles @rceagleslive
40 yard td pass and conversion with 22 secs remaining leads a Rye Cove come from behind victory over Hancock County 36-34.@kevmays @tnsportslive

Bulletin Sports @BulletinSport

FINAL: Magna Vista 55, William Fleming 14

great state

1 minute ago, trublue said:

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

#VHSL Football, Final: Patrick Henry 40, Hurley 20 (via call-in). The Rebels from Washington County are 3-0. #HCFH

Tanner Cook  📰 @tcookJCPKTN
FINAL: Volunteer 24, Sullivan East 21. Dylan White’s pass is batted down at the 30 as time expires. Volunteer gets win No. 2. Battle of Hawkins County next week in Rogersville! @tnsportslive @vhsfalconslive

Rye Cove Eagles @rceagleslive

40 yard td pass and conversion with 22 secs remaining leads a Rye Cove come from behind victory over Hancock County 36-34.@kevmays @tnsportslive

Bulletin Sports @BulletinSport

FINAL: Magna Vista 55, William Fleming 14

great state

As always you have the scores covered. We appreciate it

19 minutes ago, Hard nosed said:

Graham 35-3 over Giles final

Started out sloppy but got it together. GMen cannot afford to be sloppy against Union next week. Hats off to Giles for sticking with it and getting several 1st downs, just couldn't capitalize. 

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Started out sloppy but got it together. GMen cannot afford to be sloppy against Union next week. Hats off to Giles for sticking with it and getting several 1st downs, just couldn't capitalize. 

The last 3 games we’ve made it close to the redzone 10 times and have only gotten 16 points out of it....the last time the Spartans started 0-3 was in 2002...coincidently that was the last time Narrows beat us. We better get it figured out or the Wave will end the losing streak next week

5 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Most disappointing this for me tonight? The Union Twitter misspelling 'lightning'  more than once.

They throwing in the "e"? lol. It's as bad as folks saying ERVINGTON and ABINGTON:)

Just now, Unchained said:

They throwing in the "e"? lol

Looks like it from the updates posted lol

I left when the delay started, I didn't think they'd be able to finish. Hope Unions defense can continue to hold up after long delay.

The 30 yard TD pass Gibson threw to Rasnick was beautiful, an extremely impressive throw. If he can make throws like that, Unions offense can be that much better. LCC was practically begging Bears to throw, they had no S at all in middle of field, it was wide open.

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Looks like it from the updates posted lol

I left when the delay started, I didn't think they'd be able to finish. Hope Unions defense can continue to hold up after long delay.

The 30 yard TD pass Gibson threw to Rasnick was beautiful, an extremely impressive throw. If he can make throws like that, Unions offense can be that much better. LCC was practically begging Bears to throw, they had no S at all in middle of field, it was wide open.

I can't say that I blame them. Until Gibson shows he can beat you in the air load it up He'll absolutely have to be effective next week to give us half a chance. He's coming along though.

Just now, Unchained said:

I can't say that I blame them. Until Gibson shows he can beat you in the air load it up He'll absolutely have to be effective next week to give us half a chance.

I understand stacking the box, but not having a safety on the field seems silly to me. It's basically a guaranteed TD if a WR beats your DB or a runner breaks the second level up the middle. But I won't clutter up the update thread. 28-12 at the half after Polier scored from one yard out to end half. 

3 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Union being called for penalties every play even the announcers on 92.5 are calling it home cooking.  Guerrant  has been  ejected for a face mask, it's time to get Kentucky off schedulers

I'd just as soon play Rye Cove. We get no benefit by playing this bunch. Save the aggravation by dealing with the refs in KY and play in VA

7 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Union being called for penalties every play even the announcers on 92.5 are calling it home cooking.  Guerrant  has been  ejected for a face mask, it's time to get Kentucky off schedulers

It was brewing early, a couple iffy facemask calls and then a blatant horse collar goes uncalled when Gibson is taken down from behind by the jersey.