Week 3 updates

Tigers_07

8 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I've seen this happen in Virginia as well... apparently even though it was touched out of the endzone, if it rolls into the endzone it's still a touchback.  I think the rule sucks.  But I guess it's the rule.

Thanks pal. Like you said, if it’s a rule then so be it. And I agree, it sucks. 

20 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Where are the wins coming from?  Aside from Eastside and Castlewood, there aren’t any good chances...

I was baffled by last night's score having seen both teams live and on film. Head scratcher. But I was wrong, and honestly I don't see many chances for Lebanon I'd they can't beat Grundy either.

1 hour ago, sup_rbeast said:

So, anyone seen any stats from the Union-Letcher game? Just curious about the penalty yardage for both teams.

Same. Reminds me of Appy at JJK in 1992. We had 285 yards in penalties. 

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

that North game, gah it was terrible. 

You should have seen the TS game at Unaka. TS had 230 yards of offense and 260 yards in penalties and won on the final play 19-18. TS had lost both of their QBs by the 3rd quarter as well (one ejected for cussing a guy who grabbed him by the crotch and the other was slung under a fence...not making that up, either) and were snapping the ball to a RB and he was just going left, right, or up the middle. The kid had never taken a snap from center so trying to hurry up and get a snap off from the 1 before time ran out, the center snapped it between the QBs legs and another RB picks it up and runs in for the score. The xpt looked like a helicopter...it was insane. The shenanigans after the game was worse than during the game, too. I’ll never forget that mess as long as I live.

16 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Where are the wins coming from?  Aside from Eastside and Castlewood, there aren’t any good chances...

Have you watched Virginia  High ? They are going to struggle to win games period. I've watched them in all 3 games. I mean they lost to Battle who also lost the Holston, that rarely happens. 

16 hours ago, jonah58 said:

I was baffled by last night's score having seen both teams live and on film. Head scratcher. But I was wrong, and honestly I don't see many chances for Lebanon I'd they can't beat Grundy either.

I admit I thought they would do better, when you are playing mostly freshman and sophomores with a few juniors and seniors it's what happens. Very rarely do you get talented underclassman like Central has, that are good enough to win games consistently.   They have to learn how to win. They are improving each week. 

On 9/14/2019 at 2:19 AM, Ol Dawg said:

Can someone clear up a question about the kickoff touchback rule (playing in Kentucky)?

we kicked off to LCC. Return man had the ball go off his hands at about the five. The ball rolled deep into the end zone. The WHITE HAT blew the play dead and signaled touchback while the return man had scooped the ball and started running. 

NFHS Rule 8-5-3.  Been around forever.

You have to remember this rule in regards to kickoffs and punts. The kickoff or punt does not change to a possession until possession is gained. Touching the ball is NOT possession. So if the ball is touched anywhere outside of the end zone and then goes into the end zone on a kick it is an automatic touchback. The incorrect rule interpretation cost Bluefield a safety vs Graham in the 2012 game when Bluefield's punt returner touched a punt going over his head. He scrambled after it and inadvertently kicked it and the ball went out of the end zone. This should have been ruled a touchback but Graham was given a safety, Bluefield lost by 2 points.

4 hours ago, Pioneer pride said:

I admit I thought they would do better, when you are playing mostly freshman and sophomores with a few juniors and seniors it's what happens. Very rarely do you get talented underclassman like Central has, that are good enough to win games consistently.   They have to learn how to win. They are improving each week. 

Agreed

On 9/13/2019 at 9:52 PM, Unchained said:

Truly blows my mind that a school Burton's size could hang 56 on a school Lee High's size and worse do it in Lee's house. It's going to be a brutal season for the Generals:(

Burton is probably one of the most talented team in the area. Coaching as been the down fall for the first 2 games. 

23 hours ago, rsntu88 said:

What was the score and what happened?

PV won big, like 48-7 or something, maybe 48-14, but it was one of the most tightly called games. It wasn't like an overt screw job by any means, just tons of tickt-tacky calls.

9 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

Yeah that was on awful coaching.  Adkins is all RV has. 

1 hour ago, jonah58 said:

I guess every team Ridgeview has played has awful coaching then....

Awful coaching, awful teams, or it’s a one man show?

6 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

Awful coaching, awful teams, or it’s a one man show?

IDK about that Adkins is special but RV was 10-12 passing for over 100 yards in the 1st game of the season and have had several drops the last 2 games that will without question have to get better

If a Team loads the box RV is more than capable of putting the ball in the air.

Now if i am a opposing coach I am still loading the box and trying to take away Adkins and try to make someone else beat me 

On top of that while Adkins is without question the main cog of the RV running it is easy to forget that RV had around 75  additional yards rushing on 8 or 9 carries  from the rest of the team.