Week 3 updates

Tigers_07

37 minutes ago, Counts said:

IDK about that Adkins is special but RV was 10-12 passing for over 100 yards in the 1st game of the season and have had several drops the last 2 games that will without question have to get better

If a Team loads the box RV is more than capable of putting the ball in the air.

Now if i am a opposing coach I am still loading the box and trying to take away Adkins and try to make someone else beat me 

On top of that while Adkins is without question the main cog of the RV running it is easy to forget that RV had around 75  additional yards rushing on 8 or 9 carries  from the rest of the team.

Thanks, I’ve seen so many different mixed things on here about them, I really didn’t know what to expect. 

11 hours ago, Counts said:

IDK about that Adkins is special but RV was 10-12 passing for over 100 yards in the 1st game of the season and have had several drops the last 2 games that will without question have to get better

If a Team loads the box RV is more than capable of putting the ball in the air.

Now if i am a opposing coach I am still loading the box and trying to take away Adkins and try to make someone else beat me 

On top of that while Adkins is without question the main cog of the RV running it is easy to forget that RV had around 75  additional yards rushing on 8 or 9 carries  from the rest of the team.

RV is not capable of passing on a man coverage in my opinion.  I don't see it.

Long ways away for Ridgeview and Graham. If both of them make it far enough to play each other, Graham has the speed in the secondary to play one one one with a safety over the top and walk a DB into the box at the snap giving them 8 in the box to stop the run. That's not a favorable matchup. To beat the GMen, spreading them out and having great athletes and speed at WR like Bluefield has is the way to go. But if your WRs don't have great speed and length, Graham will easily be able to play one on one in the secondary and stacking the box.

I don't know about Ridgeviews sets on run plays, but it may be advantageous against a team like Graham to run the big boy from a 3 or 4 wide set which would take some of those players on opposing Ds outside of the box.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:22 PM, Michael_389 said:

Burton is probably one of the most talented team in the area. Coaching as been the down fall for the first 2 games. 

Im not drinking this Kool-aid.  Sorry pal.  They have a couple solid players.  But I don't think they have a more talented roster than alot of teams.  I'm no Burton fan, but they layed the lumber to a very bad Lee High team.  

8 hours ago, Ol Dawg said:

Im not drinking this Kool-aid.  Sorry pal.  They have a couple solid players.  But I don't think they have a more talented roster than alot of teams.  I'm no Burton fan, but they layed the lumber to a very bad Lee High team.  

You don't have to bro I'm no trying to sell it. Don't be surprised at the end of the season. You don't know these kids like I do. What there capable of. 

26 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think @Michael_389 and @Pioneer pride are neck and neck on who will win the "Biggest Homer" award on the forum this year.

I guess good for me then. I am going to point out that I'm quick to admit when I'm wrong. Lebanon might only win a couple games this year and I'm good with it. They will be better next year. They are not bad for being mostly  freshman and sophomores. I have reasons for giving the support I do and I honestly dont care what you or anyone else in this forum has to say about it. If you dont like it ...that stinks for you. I don't even live in Lebanon, I do work there. Have a blessed day. 

12 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think @Michael_389 and @Pioneer pride are neck and neck on who will win the "Biggest Homer" award on the forum this year.

Explain why? Sir Football God. Is It Because Trenton Adkins is all Ridgeview has. Cause. #16 can't catch a cold. Or because Ridgeview can't stop the pass. There not a complete dominate team. I'm sorry. Them other boys just ain't that good.

41 minutes ago, Michael_389 said:

Explain why? Sir Football God. Is It Because Trenton Adkins is all Ridgeview has. Cause. #16 can't catch a cold. Or because Ridgeview can't stop the pass. There not complete dominate team Punk I'm sorry. Them other boys just ain't that good.

Bingo someone gets it. I would agree that Ridgeview  is good, but last year they if I  remember  right they were called "the team to beat" and it was so called "their year" and on and on. I also remember  them losing to an Abingdon team who many thought would only win 3 games after Reed left right when practice  was starting. The same Abingdon team who everyone made a big deal about when they lost to a winless hidden valley( their last loss before the playoffs btw)  They also got hammered in the playoffs in an upset if im correct.  The Adkins kid is good no doubt and I'm sure they have other players but dont act for a second  as If they aren't beatable and he is totally unstoppable. 

11 hours ago, Ol Dawg said:

He ain't lying about Coaching in my opinion. I've only seen them play one game tho. JIB had the Middle of the field open all night long vs RV and never  took advantage of it in the passing game  They  har some success in the air and went away from it.  I also feel like the Offense  they run doesn't  maximize  the talents of the Athletes they have out there. If I'm playing  Rav im Slinging the ball all over the field and  making defend the passing game.  They arent the best at playing in space either on D

A little unfair with Ridgeview and stating something to the effect that he's all they got. Why is he running for 300+ per game and no other back in recent memory not running for 300+. I get it. He's incredible and the schedule so far shaky, but the 5 up front from tackle to tackle have to be good because opponents know he's getting the ball. I haven't seen Ridgeview, but I suspect their pretty good. As for Adkins, he plays for Ridgeview and no other team. I would often hear this argument with Michael Vick and M.Jordan and many others and the argument was, "if you take away him, it ain't the same team," or "he's all they got." The fact is, Vick played and was a part of VT, as was Jordan the Bulls, and at the High School level locally, Adkins plays for Ridgeview High. You don't get an extra 7 points or 10 points as an opponent of Ridgeview based on some rule that one player can't be to big a part of the team, or magically only a few of the TDs Ridgeview scores will count, because "if Adkins didn't play for them, "they wouldn't be the same team." It doesn't work that way. 

6 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

Explain why? Sir Football God. Is It Because Trenton Adkins is all Ridgeview has. Cause. #16 can't catch a cold. Or because Ridgeview can't stop the pass. There not complete dominate team Punk I'm sorry. Them other boys just ain't that good.

If Burton played RV and Union ten times each, how many games would they win against either team? One apiece? 

13 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

If Burton played RV and Union ten times each, how many games would they win against either team? One apiece? 

Does it really matter how Burton would do? Union and Ridgeview  should beat them they are bigger schools, so what does that prove? I think people from Ridgeview and Union need to worry about  Abingdon and some of the tougher teams, will try to take advantage  of the weaknesses that have been pointed out. 

2 hours ago, Pioneer pride said:

Does it really matter how Burton would do? Union and Ridgeview  should beat them they are bigger schools, so what does that prove? I think people from Ridgeview and Union need to worry about  Abingdon and some of the tougher teams, will try to take advantage  of the weaknesses that have been pointed out. 

What? The dude claimed Burton was the most talented team in the area. I'm attempting to show him how silly that statement is.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

What? The dude claimed Burton was the most talented team in the area. I'm attempting to show him how silly that statement is.

One of the most. Bahaha I'll not say it again. Sorry. We'll see where everyone sitting come Dec. Game was better than 40-13.

11 hours ago, CoachT423 said:

He ain't lying about Coaching in my opinion. I've only seen them play one game tho. JIB had the Middle of the field open all night long vs RV and never  took advantage of it in the passing game  They  har some success in the air and went away from it.  I also feel like the Offense  they run doesn't  maximize  the talents of the Athletes they have out there. If I'm playing  Rav im Slinging the ball all over the field and  making defend the passing game.  They arent the best at playing in space either on D

I don't doubt that one bit.  I've never been a fan of the former coaches.  I feel like this bunch may be somewhat of an upgrade.

12 hours ago, Michael_389 said:

One of the most. Bahaha I'll not say it again. Sorry. We'll see where everyone sitting come Dec. Game was better than 40-13.

If you're insinuating Burton will be playing in December, I will gladly take that bet, Burton's not getting by PH or Chilhowie.  Especially with that "horrid" coaching you claim is going on in lower Norton...

And before you retort and say "Well Ridgeview won't be either!" I will agree with you on that because that would mean we'd have beat Graham and that's going to be a tall order if that matchup even occurs.

But at least I am realistic about things.  Unlike you and your new Pioneer buddy.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:03 AM, Pioneer pride said:

I guess good for me then. I am going to point out that I'm quick to admit when I'm wrong. Lebanon might only win a couple games this year and I'm good with it. They will be better next year. They are not bad for being mostly  freshman and sophomores. I have reasons for giving the support I do and I honestly dont care what you or anyone else in this forum has to say about it. If you dont like it ...that stinks for you. I don't even live in Lebanon, I do work there. Have a blessed day. 

On 9/18/2019 at 10:20 AM, Michael_389 said:

Explain why? Sir Football God. Is It Because Trenton Adkins is all Ridgeview has. Cause. #16 can't catch a cold. Or because Ridgeview can't stop the pass. There not a complete dominate team. I'm sorry. Them other boys just ain't that good.

Oh noes... I've struck a nerve.  Sorry... not sorry.  Nothing new for me.  Well let's strike some more.  Let's be real shall we?  Lebanon will be lucky to win one game.  I hate saying that for the people from Lebanon who I like and call friends, but it's fact.  After watching them vs. Wise Central, they're JUST. NOT. GOOD!

As for Burton, I would take a coach any day who seems to genuinely care about the kids, works with the kids and seems like a pretty stand up kind of guy any day over someone who is facing multiple accusations of sexual harrassment against a minor.  Coach Caudill has coached three games.  You're already crucifying him.  Makes you look as bad as all the Gate City folks over the last several years.  You lost to Ridgeview (much better team), you lost to Chilhowie (better team), you thrashed Lee as you should've.  You'll cakewalk the Cumberland for the 83rd time in 84 years.  Give coach Caudill a break dude.  Geez.

As for us just being "ain't that good"... maybe you're right.  Time will tell.  We still have Gate City, Union, Abingdon and Pikeville still to go.  I guarantee we'll take at least one 'L' in those four.  Likely two.... and maybe even three.  Who knows?  Good luck to Coach Caudill and the Burton Raiders the rest of the season, I am pulling for them.

Wouldn't crucify Caudill for nothing,  much better and better teams?? That's your opinion dude. Yeah I know there a D1 school. Lol Burton has the talent to play with RV did it show at times. Until RV adjusted and Burton didn't. And I wish RV good year. Love to see us both playing for state titles.

On 9/19/2019 at 10:16 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Oh noes... I've struck a nerve.  Sorry... not sorry.  Nothing new for me.  Well let's strike some more.  Let's be real shall we?  Lebanon will be lucky to win one game.  I hate saying that for the people from Lebanon who I like and call friends, but it's fact.  After watching them vs. Wise Central, they're JUST. NOT. GOOD!

As for Burton, I would take a coach any day who seems to genuinely care about the kids, works with the kids and seems like a pretty stand up kind of guy any day over someone who is facing multiple accusations of sexual harrassment against a minor.  Coach Caudill has coached three games.  You're already crucifying him.  Makes you look as bad as all the Gate City folks over the last several years.  You lost to Ridgeview (much better team), you lost to Chilhowie (better team), you thrashed Lee as you should've.  You'll cakewalk the Cumberland for the 83rd time in 84 years.  Give coach Caudill a break dude.  Geez.

As for us just being "ain't that good"... maybe you're right.  Time will tell.  We still have Gate City, Union, Abingdon and Pikeville still to go.  I guarantee we'll take at least one 'L' in those four.  Likely two.... and maybe even three.  Who knows?  Good luck to Coach Caudill and the Burton Raiders the rest of the season, I am pulling for 

Funny thing was I never claimed Lebanon was good. I said I thought they were improved. Honestly  they shouldn't be good they are playing with over half the roster being freshman  and Sophomores. Give them a couple years and I gaurentee  they will be a solid team. I've always  thought and said their absolute  ceiling was 4 wins, If they dont reach that then I will be quick to admit I was wrong.  I'm not sorry for pulling for them and being vocal about it. I've got my reasons  for it and I could really care less what you or anyone  has to say about it. If you don't  like my opinions then it's your right and we will agree to disagree and that goes for every other  person on here. 

11 hours ago, Pioneer pride said:

Funny thing was I never claimed Lebanon was good. I said I thought they were improved. Honestly  they shouldn't be good they are playing with over half the roster being freshman  and Sophomores. Give them a couple years and I gaurentee  they will be a solid team. I've always  thought and said their absolute  ceiling was 4 wins, If they dont reach that then I will be quick to admit I was wrong.  I'm not sorry for pulling for them and being vocal about it. I've got my reasons  for it and I could really care less what you or anyone  has to say about it. If you don't  like my opinions then it's your right and we will agree to disagree and that goes for every other  person on here. 

They're getting 4 less than you predict.