Gate City at Ridgeview

swva_havok_fan

I seen your post in the other thread about RV not defending the pass well. I’m not sure what GC offense has to offer, but if they can toss the rock some it sounds like they may have the edge. IF, IF, they can slow down your run. Good Luck

I'm honestly curious about how RV manages Adkins' workload. The offense seems one dimensonal, and if Adkins has 250+ carries plus playing defense before the regular season ends, his legs may be shot in any playoff games. He seems like he is in phenomenal shape and can take a pounding, but every person wears down. From here on out, RV has no games except Battle where he won't be counted on heavily in second half. 

23 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I'm honestly curious about how RV manages Adkins' workload. The offense seems one dimensonal, and if Adkins has 250+ carries plus playing defense before the regular season ends, his legs may be shot in any playoff games. He seems like he is in phenomenal shape and can take a pounding, but every person wears down. From here on out, RV has no games except Battle where he won't be counted on heavily in second half. 

Lee? Honaker?

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

right now hes averging 23 carries for 336 yards and almost 6 tds a game. thats not abnormal for a kid to get 23 carries a game. obviously hes not taking a beating with that many yards and tds. hes not getting tackled much hes jus running.

3 hours ago, The U Bear said:

right now hes averging 23 carries for 336 yards and almost 6 tds a game. thats not abnormal for a kid to get 23 carries a game. obviously hes not taking a beating with that many yards and tds. hes not getting tackled much hes jus running.

Last night he was getting hit a lot... he just refused to go down.  Lol.

He only carried the ball a total of 38 times the first 2 game that's like less than 20 Carries a game.  Not a bad workload per game. If RV didnt keep trying  to pound him up the middle vs Central he wouldn't of needed as many carries

On 9/14/2019 at 1:10 PM, CoachT423 said:

He only carried the ball a total of 38 times the first 2 game that's like less than 20 Carries a game.  Not a bad workload per game. If RV didnt keep trying  to pound him up the middle vs Central he wouldn't of needed as many carries

Central took away C and D gaps. They had to run inside zone.

22 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

Central took away C and D gaps. They had to run inside zone.

Trust me No they didnt I watched every Offensive snap RV had on Hudl after the game just to go back and see. Adkins was hitting Almost all this BIG plays in the C or D Gaps. Go check his highlight Tape from the Wise Central and an you will see. They did take away A and B gaps almost all night tho

29 minutes ago, CoachT423 said:

Trust me No they didnt I watched every Offensive snap RV had on Hudl after the game just to go back and see. Adkins was hitting Almost all this BIG plays in the C or D Gaps. Go check his highlight Tape from the Wise Central and an you will see. They did take away A and B gaps almost all night tho

I don't think you understand what inside zone is. It can hit anywhere along the defensive front. Just because he bounced it, or wound up in A gap, doesn't mean its either off tackle or A or B gap scheme. The designed C and D gap plays did not do as well. Ridgeviews line effectively blocked the zone and came off double teams very well. They got up on our backers.

im expecting much of the same this friday night than last friday

a good game for a while but then adkins takes over in the 3rd quater and we pull away, 

and the scores from gate city come through the air, sheewww goodness we dont defend the pass well 

41 21 PACK

33 minutes ago, packfan17 said:

im expecting much of the same this friday night than last friday

a good game for a while but then adkins takes over in the 3rd quater and we pull away, 

and the scores from gate city come through the air, sheewww goodness we dont defend the pass well 

41 21 PACK

Bingo!

1 hour ago, jonah58 said:

I don't think you understand what inside zone is. It can hit anywhere along the defensive front. Just because he bounced it, or wound up in A gap, doesn't mean its either off tackle or A or B gap scheme. The designed C and D gap plays did not do as well. Ridgeviews line effectively blocked the zone and came off double teams very well. They got up on our backers.

Actually I know exactly  what it is lol. I coached  at the HS level for the past 6 years so I know a tad bit.  Its ment for the RB to be able to pick and choose the holes he wants to him to hit. Adkins was having a Field day when he choose to hit or bounce it to the C and D gaps.  They also ran Power quite a bit as well. But hey what do I know lol. Yeah yall may have shit down the Toss Sweeps and Options designed to go to C/D Gaps.

I think Gate City has a chance to win IF, and ONLY IF, they can control the time of possession and win in the turnover margin.  Ridgeview has one player in particular that has a hard time fielding kicks and holding onto it once he does have it.  That could play a major factor in this one.

What I think you may find is GC isn't going to play a shootout with RV.  They will try to limit RV offensive reps by grinding out long drives and running the clock.  Thus leading to a more low scoring game.  Like the old saying goes, sometimes the best defense is a good offense.  GC has the ability to sustain long clock grinding drives.