Gate City at Ridgeview

swva_havok_fan

1 hour ago, Falcon Mania said:

What I think you may find is GC isn't going to play a shootout with RV.  They will try to limit RV offensive reps by grinding out long drives and running the clock.  Thus leading to a more low scoring game.  Like the old saying goes, sometimes the best defense is a good offense.  GC has the ability to sustain long clock grinding drives.

Spot on

39 minutes ago, It Doesnt Matter said:

Can somebody tell me about the #13 kid for RV. I have watched all 3 games on hudl just to see how RV looks on D cause I know what they got on O. That kid is every where on defense.  

#13 for RV is gonna be a STUD!!! Kid is just a Freshman with Great Size and Athletic ability. He is also there back up QB and I think plays some WR as well on Offense 

16 hours ago, CoachT423 said:

#13 for RV is gonna be a STUD!!! Kid is just a Freshman with Great Size and Athletic ability. He is also there back up QB and I think plays some WR as well on Offense 

Wow just a freshman! He how big is he? Is he the one that run the touchdown at the end against SV. He looked good running the ball too. Can he throw?   

17 hours ago, It Doesnt Matter said:

Can somebody tell me about the #13 kid for RV. I have watched all 3 games on hudl just to see how RV looks on D cause I know what they got on O. That kid is every where on defense.  

17 hours ago, CoachT423 said:

37 minutes ago, It Doesnt Matter said:

Wow just a freshman! He how big is he? Is he the one that run the touchdown at the end against SV. He looked good running the ball too. Can he throw?   

Cannon Hill.  Remember that name.  He's going to be a good one.  Yes, he's the one who scored the garbage time TD against Shelby Valley.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Cannon Hill.  Remember that name.  He's going to be a good one.  Yes, he's the one who scored the garbage time TD against Shelby Valley.

Yes he is going to be a good one I believe. Kid seems like he has a nose to the football on D. like to see how he is on offense more.   

I havent seen either team play yet, but i was shown some video of GATE CITY big back, all i can say is lookout anyone under 190 lbs, he is going to hurt you when you try to stop him. RIDGEVIEW better rotate its d line out to keep them fresh, he is very quick 5-25 yards and he runs low, he seeks contact . Also GATE CITY D ,looks very good up front and the giant FB plays inside , and likes to hit, as well as the DAVIDSON kid, I see a low type score as long as there are few turnovers. Mothers you might want to stay home because there are going to be some LICKS THROWN, and a few kids sore on SATURDAY MORNING.GOOD luck to both teams

14 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I havent seen either team play yet, but i was shown some video of GATE CITY big back, all i can say is lookout anyone under 190 lbs, he is going to hurt you when you try to stop him. RIDGEVIEW better rotate its d line out to keep them fresh, he is very quick 5-25 yards and he runs low, he seeks contact . Also GATE CITY D ,looks very good up front and the giant FB plays inside , and likes to hit, as well as the DAVIDSON kid, I see a low type score as long as there are few turnovers. Mothers you might want to stay home because there are going to be some LICKS THROWN, and a few kids sore on SATURDAY MORNING.GOOD luck to both teams

You haven't seen video of the RV D I'm guessing . #13 for RV (Hill) is a tackling machine along with Sproles and co. I don't see it being a problem  

RV put a solid showing together in all 3 Phases of the game last night. Glad to see them throwing in some wrinkles in on Offense keeping everyone on D honest. Phillips looked good throwing the ball and the Freshman Hill made a few Big Plays on both side of the ball. It was great to see Sproles get some more touches. I like the adjustments they made on D as well. Having Adkins playing the Middle Field safety helps take away alot if the deep balls. DBs keep everything thing in front of them which is great to see as well. Unions gonna be a HUGE TEST!!!!

On 9/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, It Doesnt Matter said:

You haven't seen video of the RV D I'm guessing . #13 for RV (Hill) is a tackling machine along with Sproles and co. I don't see it being a problem  

I told you it wouldn't be a problem for RV D to stop and shut down gate city

On 9/21/2019 at 1:53 PM, CoachT423 said:

RV put a solid showing together in all 3 Phases of the game last night. Glad to see them throwing in some wrinkles in on Offense keeping everyone on D honest. Phillips looked good throwing the ball and the Freshman Hill made a few Big Plays on both side of the ball. It was great to see Sproles get some more touches. I like the adjustments they made on D as well. Having Adkins playing the Middle Field safety helps take away alot if the deep balls. DBs keep everything thing in front of them which is great to see as well. Unions gonna be a HUGE TEST!!!!

Yes I just watched hudl and I thought as a team RV looked very good. Several people stepped up and played well. Sproles and Hill looked good on D along with Adkins and the rest of the PACK.  Offense looked very good and balanced. Hill is still a tackling machine and I thought he looked very good at receiver. Phillips played very well. Union and RV will be one for the ages