Trenton Adkins, is he even stoppable? Over 1000 yards in 3 games!

Gridiron60

3 hours ago, Tigers_07 said:

the only teams in our area that may have a shot of stopping him would be Union, Abingdon, Graham(come playoffs), and maybe Radford(come playoffs). other than those teams, i seriously doubt it.

GC ran all over Abingdon. He should run all over them too.

Idk about anyone stopping him fully but I can see a team holding him to maybe 100 YDs  in a game.  I think if RV would start Running him more Off Tackle and get him in the Edges he would of put up bigger #s vs Central. RV isnt to great at running inside from Guard to Guard 

3 minutes ago, CoachT423 said:

Idk about anyone stopping him fully but I can see a team holding him to maybe 100 YDs  in a game.  I think if RV would start Running him more Off Tackle and get him in the Edges he would of put up bigger #s vs Central. RV isnt to great at running inside from Guard to Guard 

Actually most of his yards was between tackles on the inside zone play. Central did a good job setting the edge, they just got wore down with those big linemen. The zone was what worked so they stayed with it. The speed option and stretch went nowhere.

11 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

Actually most of his yards was between tackles on the inside zone play. Central did a good job setting the edge, they just got wore down with those big linemen. The zone was what worked so they stayed with it. The speed option and stretch went nowhere.

It was Zone but all his Explosive Plays and TDs runs he was hitting it off the Tackle or outside the TE. Whenever he gets running outside of the Guards normally good things happen

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think Pikeville may be the only one...  I'm telling y'all, Pikeville is the best team we will play this year.

Pikeville is probably better than Union but our defense is pretty legit.

The right team and defenders could cool his heels. What is plan B if Ridgeview plays someone in playoffs that puts the skids on him. Does Ridgeview have other playmakers that can step up? I know very little about RV other than Adkins.  He is phenomenal for sure but even the best can be tripped up if the defense is strong and smart enough. 

47 minutes ago, FootballFan67 said:

The right team and defenders could cool his heels. What is plan B if Ridgeview plays someone in playoffs that puts the skids on him. Does Ridgeview have other playmakers that can step up? I know very little about RV other than Adkins.  He is phenomenal for sure but even the best can be tripped up if the defense is strong and smart enough. 

They had a very good slot WR/scatback last year, Sexton, but it seems so far it's been the Adkins show exclusively.

2 hours ago, FootballFan67 said:

The right team and defenders could cool his heels. What is plan B if Ridgeview plays someone in playoffs that puts the skids on him. Does Ridgeview have other playmakers that can step up? 

Wr Hess is a solid passing option and the QB Phillips is an athletic kid that can run, but the offense is all Adkins. 

18 hours ago, Beamerball said:

I think TJ still holds the single season record...

3,319 _ Thomas Jones, Powell Valley, 1994, 14 games

The record is 3,603 yards for a season by Elijah Davis in 2017.  Jones is 2nd now...

19 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Anybody got thise numbers for the state of VA?

1. Most single season yards? Do the single season yds include the playoffs (all games) or just the ten in regular season?

2. Most rushing touchdowns inna single season in Virginia.

59 TDs in a season is the record, includes all games played.  Elijah Davis also set that record in 2017.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

59 is nuts, no way anyone breaks that. Even with 15 games, that's four TDs a game in every game including a state title.

Someone will break it at some point.  Probably a great team in single A with a D1 back playing cupcakes.  I mean if Adkins was going against someone like Jenkins he could probably get 1000 yards and 15 TDS in a 4 QT. game.

37 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Someone will break it at some point.  Probably a great team in single A with a D1 back playing cupcakes.  I mean if Adkins was going against someone like Jenkins he could probably get 1000 yards and 15 TDS in a 4 QT. game.

He could, but a coach would be crucified for doing that...