Union @ Graham

CriticalNoise

I’m glad we made it out of Kentucky alive, but now we’re headed towards West VA. At least we’re still in VA though right? 

As a realistic Union fan, I say graham by 14. Unless Travis hasn’t opened his playbook, 45 runs and 3 passes a game isn’t going to beat a caliber team of the GMen. 

2 hours ago, jonah58 said:

I'm not sure what to think of this one. Union definitely lacks the team speed they have had the last several years.

I actually think we are a step quicker as a team-just younger. Give us a year and you'll see

5 hours ago, Union's hammer said:

Ok the question must be asked to the Graham faithful can I bring the beloved TRAIN HORN. 

The right thing needs to be done by some team in the area to install the coal mine whistle. Many have the train horns which is cool tribute to our railroad workers, but a cool tribute to miners would be the ole coalmine whistle. That's actually no such thing as a "coalmine whistle." When people refer to one, it's actually an emergency mineshaft whistle that's deafining and annoying as hel# if you've never heard it. It makes a train horn sound like a schoolaged child. Hopefully the GMen or some fan of the GMen can get a hold of one. You will be able to hear from 460.

This one is interesting. Going by what I e read on here, graham isn’t the team from last year. Union, as a whole is looking better. I don’t think it’ll be the 2017 or 2018 type score for either. I can see this one going down to the wire. But a couple breaks and it could be a blow out...

I'm not sure what to make of Graham yet. I really don't think they have played to their potential yet. With Kastner out last night it threw the defense out of sync. Blevins stepped up and played great especially since he had to figure out the single wing offense from Giles. 

Offensively I thought the new QB threw a pretty ball and seems to be accurate. I knew the Ray kid had some wheels but dang he has another gear I'm not sure anybody had seen until last night.

Will Union be making any videos before this game? If so please share them with us! That was good stuff last year. 

Blevins kid did well with only a couple practices with the GMen nder his belt. He doesn't have Lester's speed but I believe he can match him at least in passing. I don't think the offense has shown us what their true potential is either. Defense was a little off at least in first half but getting Kastner back will help. I don't think it will be a cakewalk for Union or Graham. It could come down to the wire. Penalties could shift the momentum of the game. Graham.has had someTDs called back this year, two last night for holding. If Graham plays smart disciplined football, they win IMO. If not, Union may pull out the win. 

Who said Graham was better last year? From all indication, they could be better this year. Union isn't quite as talented as last year and Bears desperately need to find some passing gains to loosen up what is an absolutely vicious defense. 

2 hours ago, Ol Dawg said:

This one is interesting. Going by what I e read on here, graham isn’t the team from last year. Union, as a whole is looking better. I don’t think it’ll be the 2017 or 2018 type score for either. I can see this one going down to the wire. But a couple breaks and it could be a blow out...

Not sure where you read Graham isn't as good as last year. I think they are better . Giles is a little better than last year. Graham beat em 35-3 without Graham's first team All State linebacker. Giles lost to Blacksburg I think 24-0. Tazewell is way better. Graham obliterated them. Union is a solid team, but I think Graham wins by 20. If this game were to come down the wire, it would be as big of shock to me in a long time for a Graham team that is perceived and expected to win, but then loses.

3 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Not sure where you read Graham isn't as good as last year. I think they are better . Giles is a little better than last year. Graham beat em 35-3 without Graham's first team All State linebacker. Giles lost to Blacksburg I think 24-0. Tazewell is way better. Graham obliterated them. Union is a solid team, but I think Graham wins by 20. If this game were to come down the wire, it would be as big of shock to me in a long time for a Graham team that is perceived and expected to win, but then loses.

Agree 100% with this

8 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

That was the interpretation I got from a post a week or so ago. I could have easily misunderstood the posters comment. My post was going off how I thought it read. I’ve not watched them live or in film, so I’m not pretending to know haha. I hope it’s a good game and everyone is safe. No injuries would be a blessing.