Union @ Graham

CriticalNoise

4 hours ago, The U Bear said:

where is the best place to eat in bluefield

Get to Bluefield before 2 PM and go to Double Gates Grocery and get yourself the best slaw dog in the world...or try a porkchop sandwich..DELICIOUS!!!

Later than 2PM, you have Savory Flavors BBQ, Burger King, Hardee's, Papa John's Pizza, Bellacino's, Italian Villa, Taco Bell, Queen's Pizza, La Fiesta, El Patio, McDonald's, Wendy's, Bob Evans, Applebee's, Shogun, Dairy Queen, Subway, Tray King House..all in Bluefield, VA.

Or come to my house and get the best ribeye and fixins in the world (fixins include homegrown fried green tomatoes with homemade spicy ranch dressing, garlic mashed potatoes, and collard greens)...just make your reservation by Thursday so I can get enough steaks ready...price $50/person.  Beer and Wine costs extra...other drinks available include Dr. Pepper and tap water.

7 minutes ago, GMan said:

Get to Bluefield before 2 PM and go to Double Gates Grocery and get yourself the best slaw dog in the world...or try a porkchop sandwich..DELICIOUS!!!

Dang Skippy! Just mentioning them like you did puts that on my agenda this week. Love DG grocery dogs.

Union folks, did y'all ever hear how many penalty yards from game at LC? I can't remember exactly but I think Graham had around 125 penalty yards when we played Bluefield.  I'm hoping penalities are few Friday night and we see a great game between two great teams. 

56 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Union folks, did y'all ever hear how many penalty yards from game at LC? I can't remember exactly but I think Graham had around 125 penalty yards when we played Bluefield.  I'm hoping penalities are few Friday night and we see a great game between two great teams. 

Can't find them anywhere but it was way over 125

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Bluefield had 125. Graham had 99.

Looking forward to this one Friday night. Graham’s biggest issue right now is penalties by far. They have left a lot of points off the board this year so far because of penalties. Graham is a great football team but once they get the penalties cleaned up, they will be a excellent football team. Much respect for Union and their program and I believe this will be a great hard hitting game. With that said I believe Graham has more speed and will win 35-21. 

9 hours ago, GMan said:

Later than 2PM, you have Savory Flavors BBQ, Burger King, Hardee's, Papa John's Pizza, Bellacino's, Italian Villa, Taco Bell, Queen's Pizza, La Fiesta, El Patio, McDonald's, Wendy's, Bob Evans, Applebee's, Shogun, Dairy Queen, Subway, Tray King House..all in Bluefield, VA.

Or come to my house and get the best ribeye and fixins in the world (fixins include homegrown fried green tomatoes with homemade spicy ranch dressing, garlic mashed potatoes, and collard greens)...just make your reservation by Thursday so I can get enough steaks ready...price $50/person.  Beer and Wine costs extra...other drinks available include Dr. Pepper and tap water.

I didn't realize Cotton's had become a BBQ joint. An old friend of mine used to eat burgers and drink beer at Cotton's everyday like it was his day job.

24 minutes ago, bgibb said:

Looking forward to this one Friday night. Graham’s biggest issue right now is penalties by far. They have left a lot of points off the board this year so far because of penalties. Graham is a great football team but once they get the penalties cleaned up, they will be a excellent football team. Much respect for Union and their program and I believe this will be a great hard hitting game. With that said I believe Graham has more speed and will win 35-21. 

At this point if Turner scores a long touchdown he might as well head back to the huddle because it's getting called back. I dont know how many TD's he's had called back this year. 

15 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

I didn't realize Cotton's had become a BBQ joint. An old friend of mine used to eat burgers and drink beer at Cotton's everyday like it was his day job.

You can get the same good burger at Brooks Brothers bar in Bluefield, Wv

1 hour ago, footballfanatic said:

who will be the QB for graham this week? How did the new kid look?

Lester was QB against Giles & Blevins came in some. His accuracy is probably same as Lester. He's not as fast. He throw a TD. IMO they'll keep rotating them for now. I could be wrong.

Looking forward to the trip to Bluefield. Haven't been to Mitchell stadium since 2012. Would love a similar result, but not seeing it. It seems that Graham holds all the cards in this match up, just hoping the Bears don't lose their shirts too. Hoping for 2 things - another excellent showing by the Bears' D and slow, methodically sustained TD drives on the ground. If those 2 happen, we have a chance. Don't think we can match Graham score for score. Have to play keep away and eat the clock.

41 minutes ago, Gunz9 said:

When you play Marion, if the timing is right, I can provide the train horn free of charge as we roll on by 😁

the trains used to stop at Big Creek and watch the game for a few moments and then go their way.

On 9/14/2019 at 7:33 PM, Ol Dawg said:

This one is interesting. Going by what I e read on here, graham isn’t the team from last year. Union, as a whole is looking better. I don’t think it’ll be the 2017 or 2018 type score for either. I can see this one going down to the wire. But a couple breaks and it could be a blow out...

I think this one will be a dog fight