Union @ Graham

CriticalNoise

37 minutes ago, Gunz9 said:

Was Union’s football/wrestling promo video from last year removed?  Asking for a friend 🤷🏼‍♂️😉

Technically the whole YouTube channel was removed because it was created with a g suite account (Google for education free account). Apparently, creating a YouTube account with this free, academic account violates YouTube's terms and conditions. So, there's that...😐

Bummer!

20 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Technically the whole YouTube channel was removed because it was created with a g suite account (Google for education free account). Apparently, creating a YouTube account with this free, academic account violates YouTube's terms and conditions. So, there's that...😐

Bummer!

Well, that's a shame. Somebody has to have it saved somewhere. Nothing is ever gone forever on Internet, lol. (Some HS students should take note, you may delete your Tweets or posts but I guarantee someone somewhere took a screen shot 😂) . 

16 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Well, that's a shame. Somebody has to have it saved somewhere. Nothing is ever gone forever on Internet, lol. (Some HS students should take note, you may delete your Tweets or posts but I guarantee someone somewhere took a screen shot 😂) . 

Yea, it is. Some were pretty creative and funny. And like you said, they're somewhere!

On 9/15/2019 at 7:54 AM, The U Bear said:

where is the best place to eat in bluefield

I have changed my recommendation. Seeing as how Richlands folks boycotted the Bearded Moose when the owner called out the football team for running through y'all's band last season, I think every Union fan should stop in Richlands and eat there. It's good eats and on the way. You know, sort of a "thank you" for siding with you all. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I have changed my recommendation. Seeing as how Richlands folks boycotted the Bearded Moose when the owner called out the football team for running through y'all's band last season, I think every Union fan should stop in Richlands and eat there. It's good eats and on the way. You know, sort of a "thank you" for siding with you all. 

If you knew the truth about the owner, you wouldn’t eat there, either. 

12 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

For the Union fans, I want to recommend Rosies II on Cumberland Road in Bluefield, WV. It's high class, the food and atmosphere are to die for (literally.)

Please take the team there for the pre game meal!!!

Leave early & pass up mitchell stadium by about 10 miles on route 52 and stop in Bramwell, WV. The Corner Shop there is my favorite local restaurant. The building is a completely original early 1900’s pharmacy, with a soda fountain and the best milkshakes in WV. 

https://m.facebook.com/thecornershop.net/

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Leave early & pass up mitchell stadium by about 10 miles on route 52 and stop in Bramwell, WV. The Corner Shop there is my favorite local restaurant. The building is a completely original early 1900’s pharmacy, with a soda fountain and the best milkshakes in WV. 

Outstanding place and a cool trip for Union fans to see a town that was once, one of the wealthiest towns in America per capita. Hence the name, the Bramwell Millionaires. 

3 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Speaking of places to eat. I heardThe Last Fountain in Bluefield, Va was closing after 80+ years.

That’s disappointing, as it is a fixture of the community.  However, the few times I have eaten there, I’ve been the only one there.  Downtown Bluefield, VA is not a place for a fledgling eatery to survive.  May try to drop in one last time if I can swing it.

8 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Really?!?!  When did that happen and why?

Happened about a month ago maybe. Owners said they couldn’t find reliable employees. Take it for what it’s worth. 

7 hours ago, GMan said:

I heard that the lady who owned it just passed away a couple of days ago.

I hadn’t heard that. I’ll see if I can find out. 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:20 PM, Gridiron60 said:

I was at the game. The announcer introduced the Union Band  while the Blues  had not finished their pre game activities.

13 hours ago, EH31 said:

Amen. Went to Bramwell to watch the play 'Smoke on the Mountain' in July. I ate myself into a new weight class at the Corner Shop. The town is a southern WV treasure.

1 hour ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Amen. Went to Bramwell to watch the play 'Smoke on the Mountain' in July. I ate myself into a new weight class at the Corner Shop. The town is a southern WV treasure.

I have to agree...only are there once but it was great!!