Union @ Graham

CriticalNoise

14 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Happened about a month ago maybe. Owners said they couldn’t find reliable employees. Take it for what it’s worth. 

I hadn’t heard that. I’ll see if I can find out. 

That could be said for a lot of places.  We face that daily here and is why we are always hiring.

Shame though as they were the best hotdogs anywhere

46 minutes ago, FootballFan67 said:

Friday Night Lights! Go GMen! Bring your A game, focused, disciplined #GrahamPride! Safe travels for our Union buddies! Look forward to a hard fought game between two great teams & coaching staffs! Y'all can leave that train horn in Big Stone Gap if you want, lol! 

Have to leave the horn I guess Graham's AD called and asked Union's AD to leave it in big stone. Just got off the phone with our AD.

35 minutes ago, Union's hammer said:

Have to leave the horn I guess Graham's AD called and asked Union's AD to leave it in big stone. Just got off the phone with our AD.

This would not have happened if it was blown right. We had ours at Mitchell Stadium last week. Rookie mistakes will cost you in the long run, we’ve learned that. Graham’s staff even let us in the gate early to get everything set up because they know we blow it respectfully.

23 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

This would not have happened if it was blown right. We had ours at Mitchell Stadium last week. Rookie mistakes will cost you in the long run, we’ve learned that. Graham’s staff even let us in the gate early to get everything set up because they know we blow it respectfully.

^^^ Well done! 😉

GRAHAM G-MEN 2018 STATE CHAMPS!

2 hours ago, Union's hammer said:

Not cool Dixon.  Come on brother.  Let them bring the Horn.  It's High School Football.  It's fun, it's tradition, it's awesome stuff.  I wish the Bears could have brought the Horn, but oh well, life goes on.

37 minutes ago, Gunz9 said:

I remember back in the late 80’s early 90’s a graham fan had an air horn I guess that would play the dukes of hazard/charge tune.

Scott Johnston.  One of the greatest die hard and I mean die hard G Men fans of all time.  Dude was always cutting up.  Scott was the first one to arrive at the Goal Post upon the clock going to zero and the jawjacking we gave Southampton in 1989 to win the State Championship.  Now, for some reason or another, those posts were in their good and the Graham youth couldn't get em down, but ole Scott gave it a try, and yes, he was the air horn man.  Watch Graham vs Southampton and Rustburg in 1989 and you can here him firing that thing what was seemingly, "repeatedly." 

5 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Scott Johnston.  One of the greatest die hard and I mean die hard G Men fans of all time.  Dude was always cutting up.  Scott was the first one to arrive at the Goal Post upon the clock going to zero and the jawjacking we gave Southampton in 1989 to win the State Championship.  Now, for some reason or another, those posts were in their good and the Graham youth couldn't get em down, but ole Scott gave it a try, and yes, he was the air horn man.  Watch Graham vs Southampton and Rustburg in 1989 and you can here him firing that thing what was seemingly, "repeatedly." 

Great memories! 

PS ... Beat Union!

GRAHAM G-MEN 2018 STATE CHAMPS! 

19 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Got to hand it to the Union fans on this McDonalds thing.  There is no way around it, the analogy is freakin hillarious.  Love me some High School football!

On the way back from BSG last year, we intentionally stopped at McDonalds while clad in our finest Graham attire! I am not a McDonalds fan; however, that Big Mac ... and the final score ... sure tasted good that day! 😉

Just wanted to add ... great folks from that part of the state! Wished us great success as the 2018 Graham season continued!

8 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

It's not the McDonald's production, but here's this weeks hype video.

https://www.facebook.com/129545150718962/videos/326456498148616/

If the players had had Big Macs in their hands  and took a big bite at the end....would have been epic!!!