Patrick Henry @ Lee High

BobBelcher

On 9/16/2019 at 9:23 AM, PoorValleySally said:

What was the reasoning?

They let a good coach after 2 years prior to that and the season before that had a coach for just 1 year.  Reason isn't something you find much of here.

The reason Terry Martin was let go at Lee was because a friend of Jeremy Pendergraft was elected to the Lee County School Board. Jeremy wanted the head job and his friend got it for him.  Palko was let go after 2 years because there was no improvement in the program and they did not want him to complete a third year teaching which would have given him tenure.  Supposedly, Coomer was let go after one because he did not complete a certification that he agreed to get when he took the job.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:43 PM, BigWinners said:

That's all Lee does, run off good coaches. There's enough talent there that Lee should be a factor every year. 

The talent level at at Lee now is lower than it has been in several years.

42 minutes ago, Kramer99 said:

I would agree. I'd say Martin had the best talent Lee's had in at least a decade. The only place Lee can go from here is up; won't be a pretty season though.

5 hours ago, Kramer99 said:

Seems like the good players are coming to Union looks like Satterfield is gonna be the next great player to leave

4 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Seems like the good players are coming to Union looks like Satterfield is gonna be the next great player to leave

What the f---!Transfers going some where other than Richlands and no pious protests here.  Let's be honest here, if  player transfers to somewhere other than your favorite team ,it is taboo and etc. BUT, if you get one it is  AOK.  I detect a bit of of HYPROCRICY HERE!

7 hours ago, ojrussell said:

What the f---!Transfers going some where other than Richlands and no pious protests here.  Let's be honest here, if  player transfers to somewhere other than your favorite team ,it is taboo and etc. BUT, if you get one it is  AOK.  I detect a bit of of HYPROCRICY HERE!

I've mentioned this about several fan bases. They sure were quick to bash Richlands when we were getting them -- but it's not reciprocated when their team gets them.

12 hours ago, ojrussell said:

I never said anything about Richlands so I don’t know why your crying to me

17 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Which amply demonstrates the talent at Lee is not at all time low....if one mentioned and his cousin who belong at Lee were lining up in Red tonight we wouldn't be having a discussion about PH game. Even if Pee Wee Herman was coaching Lee.  Lee normal numbers are in half so expect there are athletes walking halls choosing not to play because there parents cant move them to Union, Gate City , Thomas Walker. Not sure talent is an issue at Lee.