'Random' Football Thread

trublue

• 4 weeks later...

Random FB High School posts....

ESPN Radio 94.1 Retweeted

Jamestown Athletics @JHSAthletics
FOOTBALL CANCELED 10/25:   JHS will not field a team for this week’s scheduled varsity football game vs. Lafayette because of the number of players sidelined with injuries. According to VHSL rules, this will be recorded as a game won by LHS and a loss by JHS. GO EAGLES!!

Matthew Hatfield @hatfieldsports 
The scheduled October 25th game between Lafayette and Jamestown has been cancelled. It will go down as a forfeit win for Lafayette and loss for Jamestown due to the Eagles not having enough healthy varsity bodies to participate, AD Kenny Edwards has informed us.

Matthew Hatfield @hatfieldsports
Edwards noted that Jamestown only has 17 healthy varsity bodies at the moment, but that the Eagles do hope to play again soon. Their next scheduled game is for November 1st at New Kent with the regular season finale set for November 7th vs. Tabb.

Jim Sacco @Sacco_DNR
Spotswood AD Tim Leach says Waynesboro reached out today around 2:30 p.m. to inform him the Little Giants only had 18 players practicing and opted to forfeit Friday's #DNRFB Valley District game scheduled at Penn Laird.

"Goes down as a win, won't affect our [VHSL power point] seedings," Leach says. Understands the Little Giants' plight, without a JV team did not have enough subs. "I feel bad for them," Leach says. #DNRFB

"We'll get an extra Friday off," Leach says, adding he understands what the Waynesboro football program is going through right now. #DRNFB

great state

• 1 month later...

A little 'one upmanship' going on in the GHSA (GA playoffs) this week.   : )

North Gwinnett, lost the 'coin toss' ...if both team have the same W-L record as you advance in the playoffs then the 'ole coin toss heads or tails' settles who has home field advantage.  Lowndes won the coin toss, so NG is traveling to South GA. 

On the GA Prep site...a Lowndes fan started a thread titled  "Jacka** move by North Gwinnett".

The original thread has now evolved into 8 pages... following a 'sampling'....

-Requesting the whole visitor side section tickets. (I know its within the rules) They know and we know they are not bringing 5000 fans down. So, season tix holders on that side have to scramble for spots left open on home side. The biggest issue will be walk-ups on the visitor side right before game as their will be massive lines and congestion to buy back all those tix NG will return. Why not just request a few thousand? If they bring more than 2000 I will eat my hat. I dont even see 1000. But whatever.

-This thread is awesome!
NG is trying to maximize their chance to win a title. Some Lowndes folks think NG should’ve allowed the home team to pack both the home and visitors stands.

-So buying up seats is being petty but having your band play during teams offensive series isn’t?

GO NORTH GWINNETT DAWGS!!!

AAAAAAA  SEMI FINALS

7 minutes ago, trublue said:

A little 'one upmanship' going on in the GHSA (GA playoffs) this week.   : )

North Gwinnett, the high school for my community, lost the 'coin toss' ...if both team have the same W-L record as you advance in the playoffs then the 'ole coin toss heads or tails' settles who has home field advantage.  Lowdnes won the coin toss, so NG is traveling to South GA. 

On the GA Prep site...a Lowdnes fan started a thread titled  "Jacka** move by North Gwinnett".

The original thread has now evolved into 8 pages... following a 'sampling'....

-Requesting the whole visitor side section tickets. (I know its within the rules) They know and we know they are not bringing 5000 fans down. So, season tix holders on that side have to scramble for spots left open on home side. The biggest issue will be walk-ups on the visitor side right before game as their will be massive lines and congestion to buy back all those tix NG will return. Why not just request a few thousand? If they bring more than 2000 I will eat my hat. I dont even see 1000. But whatever.

-This thread is awesome!
NG is trying to maximize their chance to win a title. Some Lowndes folks think NG should’ve allowed the home team to pack both the home and visitors stands.

-So buying up seats is being petty but having your band play during teams offensive series isn’t?

GO NORTH GWINNETT DAWGS!!!

Oh the drama....we thought we had it bad in here a couple weeks back 😂😂😂😂😂

• 3 months later...

Upcoming 2020/2021 FOOTBALL SEASONS

Matt Digby @DigbyMatt

WV High school football news: Have confirmed all 4 public Raleigh County high schools will be getting turf football fields in near future. Woodrow Wilson and Independence this year, Shady Spring and Liberty in 2021 #wvprepfb

Gonna put this here ...  from VHSL Executive Director Billy Haun

C'ville Varsity @CvilleVarsity

“This situation is unprecedented.” Virginia High School League executive director John W. “Billy” Haun talks with @JohnNHarveyIII about the challenges to high school sports created by #COVID19.

great state

The following is NOT sports related but it is student related...SO, I'm going to post this here because I know it will be viewed.  (If a Mod or someone wants to move the post,  they can) 

Galax Gazette Sports Retweeted

Breaking: State education officials announced Tuesday they want to cancel Standards of Learning tests this spring.

http://www.pilotonline.com/news/education/vp-nw-coronavirus-schools-state-testing-20200317-mt22pzh7ybf2ndbkzqoxynph6e-story.html

By Sara Gregory

The Virginian-Pilot |
Mar 17, 2020 | 3:47 PM

great state

16 hours ago, trublue said:

The following is NOT sports related but it is student related...SO, I'm going to post this here because I know it will be viewed.  (If a Mod or someone wants to move the post,  they can) 

Breaking: State education officials announced Tuesday they want to cancel Standards of Learning tests this spring.

http://www.pilotonline.com/news/education/vp-nw-coronavirus-schools-state-testing-20200317-mt22pzh7ybf2ndbkzqoxynph6e-story.html

By Sara Gregory

The Virginian-Pilot |

great state

they should , they are useless---- teaching kids to test, 

On 3/17/2020 at 7:21 PM, trublue said:

By Sara Gregory

The Virginian-Pilot |

great state

Kids aren’t gonna go back to school until the fall at least. That’s my guess. 

4 hours ago, GMan said:

This pandemic isn't going away anytime soon.  I read that experts say 18 months or more.  That cancels next year, too. 

My brother was notified that his kids school district is preparing for school closure to last a minimum of the remainder of this calendar year.  So yeah, it's not going away anytime soon.

If this does happen in Virginia, at least we know something will finally end Riverheads reign!

• 2 weeks later...

Perspective from Mark Bradley/Atlanta Journal Constitution  

March 30, 2020
By

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/let-real-mightn-see-sports-again-for-while/tgAXYX7WTvxCNNKNhCgrON/

excerpt:

Three weeks ago — seems more like three years, I know — we were wondering who might win the conference basketball tournaments. Three weeks ago, all systems were go for Atlanta’s Final Four. By supper time Wednesday, March 11, the NCAA announced it would stage March Madness sans fans. By 10 p.m. Eastern time, the NBA had suspended its season after Rudy Gobert's positive test. By 4:30 p.m. Thursday, every conference tournament had been canceled, and so had the Big Dance. 

That was the beginning of our new normal — working from home, keeping a social distance, trying not to freak out over every scary news alert on our phone. That’s how fast all of our lives have changed. We used to get excited if we scored prime tickets for a big game; today we celebrate the purchase of off-brand toilet paper. 

On a lighter note, Xayvion Bradshaw got his first D1 offer from Kansas.  With (hopefully) 2 more seasons to go, I'm sure he will be getting a lot more offers.  He is very talented and I think about to explode on the high school scene in a big way.  Also, Brody Meadows has numerous D1 offers and is ranked as a 4-star, top 100 recruit!! 

4 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

On a lighter note, Xayvion Bradshaw got his first D1 offer from Kansas.  With (hopefully) 2 more seasons to go, I'm sure he will be getting a lot more offers.  He is very talented and I think about to explode on the high school scene in a big way.  Also, Brody Meadows has numerous D1 offers and is ranked as a 4-star, top 100 recruit!! 

Xayvion was fun to watch during basketball season. Brody looked like he’d slimmed down. I bet he’ll be a lot better this fall. I hope we get the chance to see them play. 

Wasn't sure where to put this, but thought ghe "randomness" of this thread was a good place.

Never been a Patriots fan, but this is very admirable, and their owner is to be commended. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/a-million-n95-masks-are-coming-from-china-on-the-patriots-plane/ar-BB1242KH?li=BBnb7Kz

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but thought ghe "randomness" of this thread was a good place.

Never been a Patriots fan, but this is very admirable, and their owner is to be commended. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/a-million-n95-masks-are-coming-from-china-on-the-patriots-plane/ar-BB1242KH?li=BBnb7Kz

There are definitely some feel good stories coming out of the current situation. Thats a commendable move by Kraft