'Random' Football Thread

trublue

12 hours ago, trublue said:

Class of 2022, an offer from Michigan State...congrats young man! Graham High School student

Tim Hayes Retweeted

OpAXjMOL_bigger.jpg Brody Meadows @MeadowsBrody
Blessed to have received an offer from Michigan State #GoGreen

great state

He checks all the boxes. He could develop into a fine, fine football player

Can a "random football thread" go off-topic?

If so...J&Z Grilling in Bluefield, WV has the best darn jerk chicken wings a human can find this side of Cuba...ask them to add just a little heat and they are superb!!!

I've had them three times in the last two weeks...thank you for my stimulus check, Uncle Don!!!

• 3 weeks later...

12 hours ago, trublue said:

Times News Sports @tnsportslive

Back in play: NET schools to open practice facilities June 1

great state

If it were possible and I was an upcoming senior, I would take my game south to Tennessee for the 2020 season.

2 hours ago, trublue said:

Kevin Mays Retweeted

W8o0Aj2y_bigger.jpg High School Football America @HSFBamerica
GOOD NEWS: Georgia allowing its high school football teams to begin summer conditioning starting June 8.

great state

I saw where Ohio is allowing practices starting May 26th I believe. 

On 4/28/2020 at 3:33 PM, GMan said:

Can a "random football thread" go off-topic?

If so...J&Z Grilling in Bluefield, WV has the best darn jerk chicken wings a human can find this side of Cuba...ask them to add just a little heat and they are superb!!!

I've had them three times in the last two weeks...thank you for my stimulus check, Uncle Don!!!

LOVE my wings Gman......gotta give those a try !  Thanks for the heads up !

On 4/27/2020 at 8:58 PM, trublue said:

Class of 2022, an offer from Michigan State...congrats young man! Graham High School student

Tim Hayes Retweeted

OpAXjMOL_bigger.jpg Brody Meadows @MeadowsBrody
Blessed to have received an offer from Michigan State #GoGreen

great state

That's fantastic !!  Congrats to the young man on his offer !  Man I love seeing these young men get these offers to continue playing this great game,  but especially continue their education ! 

3 hours ago, Bigrhsfan said:

LOVE my wings Gman......gotta give those a try !  Thanks for the heads up !

The only problem I've run into is they are sometimes out of bone-in wings and I end up getting boneless...not really a problem in my opinion.  My wife swears by the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.  The fried pickles are good to....caught me by surprise the first time, thought they'd be "chips" but turned out to be "spears".  I do highly recommend the Jerk wings...add heat as desired...

7 hours ago, GMan said:

The only problem I've run into is they are sometimes out of bone-in wings and I end up getting boneless...not really a problem in my opinion.  My wife swears by the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.  The fried pickles are good to....caught me by surprise the first time, thought they'd be "chips" but turned out to be "spears".  I do highly recommend the Jerk wings...add heat as desired...

we are heading up to Bluefield next week so that will be the place I try !  Sounds great,  I love the bone in wings,  but don't mind the boneless if they are out,  and gotta have the heat,  for me the hotter the better.

16 hours ago, Bigrhsfan said:

we are heading up to Bluefield next week so that will be the place I try !  Sounds great,  I love the bone in wings,  but don't mind the boneless if they are out,  and gotta have the heat,  for me the hotter the better.

There is no seating right now, its pretty much call in order and pick up or they'll deliver.  Be careful what you wish for in regards to the heat, they can melt your brain if you want...they have one called "Tongue Torch", it isn't just a name, it's telling what it will do...

90696931_532388420749769_897702684319861

6 hours ago, GMan said:

There is no seating right now, its pretty much call in order and pick up or they'll deliver.  Be careful what you wish for in regards to the heat, they can melt your brain if you want...they have one called "Tongue Torch", it isn't just a name, it's telling what it will do...

How is the Sweet Red Chili?  I like sweet with a little heat, but not to the point where I have to chug milk.

7 hours ago, GMan said:

Thanks for the menu !  The prices look good !

On 5/28/2020 at 8:32 PM, UVAObserver said:

How is the Sweet Red Chili?  I like sweet with a little heat, but not to the point where I have to chug milk.

Have not had Sweet Red Chili yet...not certain I want to challenge my digestive system with too much heat.  Have a feeling these might light you up...

• 3 weeks later...

2 hours ago, GMan said:

FYI...had jerk wings again tonight. Got brave and told them to add some heat...BEST EVER!!! 

I’m having the Thursday tradition that is Asian Zing wings from BWW lol. 

15 hours ago, HurricaneWarning said:

I’ve been meaning to try the Asian Zing. Are they spicy? My favorite sauce is the three mile island at Hooter’s.

It’s the 8th spiciest on their chart. Will it blow you up? Probably not. But it does make me sweat a little on the brow after 5-6 of them. It’s just hot enough with amazing flavor, to me. But it’s ultimately a subjective thing lol. No two tongues are alike.