'Random' Football Thread

trublue

42 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

It’s the 8th spiciest on their chart. Will it blow you up? Probably not. But it does make me sweat a little on the brow after 5-6 of them. It’s just hot enough with amazing flavor, to me. But it’s ultimately a subjective thing lol. No two tongues are alike. 

Here's what's odd...I love the Caribbean Jerk at BWW.  I don't find it overpowering at all and it's one step above Asian Zing on their heat chart.  The ones I had last night were several levels spicier/hotter than the BWW Jerk. When I reach the level of too hot, I get ill...and I don't think my max heat level is that high.  I've had wings that after one bite I was done and sucking down Pepto for the rest of the evening.  Ironically, for the others that I was with that night, they didn't think the wings were hot or spicy at all.  For me, I guess it's the type of pepper used to get the heat that causes me issues.

I could eat last night's level of jerk wings everyday without issue.

1 hour ago, GMan said:

Here's what's odd...I love the Caribbean Jerk at BWW.  I don't find it overpowering at all and it's one step above Asian Zing on their heat chart.  The ones I had last night were several levels spicier/hotter than the BWW Jerk. When I reach the level of too hot, I get ill...and I don't think my max heat level is that high.  I've had wings that after one bite I was done and sucking down Pepto for the rest of the evening.  Ironically, for the others that I was with that night, they didn't think the wings were hot or spicy at all.  For me, I guess it's the type of pepper used to get the heat that causes me issues.

I could eat last night's level of jerk wings everyday without issue.

I plan on trying those wings the next time I’m up in Bluefield. Those trips are rare these days lol. 

BWW is garbage.  There, I said it.  If you like dough balls double the size of golf balls surrounding 1/2 gram of chicken; if you like absurdly inattentive service; if you like coming down with food poisoning in Huntington, WV; if you like paying double the value of the food; then BWW is the place for you.  All the sauces in the world can’t salvage that restaurant from Hell.

It’s REALLY hard to mess up chicken wings, but by goodness, they do it every single time.  

45 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

BWW is garbage.  There, I said it.  If you like dough balls double the size of golf balls surrounding 1/2 gram of chicken; if you like absurdly inattentive service; if you like coming down with food poisoning in Huntington, WV; if you like paying double the value of the food; then BWW is the place for you.  All the sauces in the world can’t salvage that restaurant from Hell.

It’s REALLY hard to mess up chicken wings, but by goodness, they do it every single time.  

I thought I was the only one. It's not a take I share often bc it leads to sideways glances but I'm not a fan of BWW whatsoever. The wings are average on the best day. If I'm out of town and trying to watch a big fight or something BWW is fine but if I'm going somewhere to mainly eat, BWW is not it.

10 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I thought I was the only one. It's not a take I share often bc it leads to sideways glances but I'm not a fan of BWW whatsoever. The wings are average on the best day. If I'm out of town and trying to watch a big fight or something BWW is fine but if I'm going somewhere to mainly eat, BWW is not it.

Whatever. More for me lol. Not sure how it’s overpriced when I can get 30 boneless wings for $14 but to each their own I suppose. Asian Zing is the greatest sauce on the planet. And I’ve tried over 100. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Whatever. More for me lol. Not sure how it’s overpriced when I can get 30 boneless wings for $14 but to each their own I suppose. Asian Zing is the greatest sauce on the planet. And I’ve tried over 100. 

20 boneless wings in Beckley, WV is $18.99, so I’d love to know what Sysco truck you’re highjacking to get those prices.  And Beckley’s much cheaper than other places...

Back in the early '90s there was a place in Charlotte (The Graduate) that offered 10 cent wings and Mexican beers for a dollar on Monday nights.  That was a fun weekly ritual that I enjoyed with the guys I worked with at the time -- unfortunately I didn't appreciate just how good of a deal it was.

Ah youth....

34 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I challenge your premise, because any being whose stomach can handle those rancid ingredients is not homo sapiens.

I had 22 Asian Zing wings Thursday. Got 30. Wife had 8. I didn’t have a single digestive issue. So what am I?

20 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Truth is, I haven't eaten at BWW since Mookie Collier was in middle school.  They weren't terrible then but definitely not the best.

3 hours ago, GMan said:

Truth is, I haven't eaten at BWW since Mookie Collier was in middle school.  They weren't terrible then but definitely not the best.

I can't imagine they have gotten much better over time, so what you remember is likely what you would get it you went again. 

But tbh, I'm not the biggest wing guy anyway. I would rather have tenders, but I don't dislike wings. I just didn't enjoy them at BWW, but I never tried the sauce Ryan is talking about. 

I may be about to blow Ryan's top lol, but I prefer Hooters wings to BWW. I don't like eating inside at a Hooters, I dunno it feels kinda gross, but I like the wings. 

10 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I can't imagine they have gotten much better over time, so what you remember is likely what you would get it you went again. 

But tbh, I'm not the biggest wing guy anyway. I would rather have tenders, but I don't dislike wings. I just didn't enjoy them at BWW, but I never tried the sauce Ryan is talking about. 

I may be about to blow Ryan's top lol, but I prefer Hooters wings to BWW. I don't like eating inside at a Hooters, I dunno it feels kinda gross, but I like the wings. 

Hooters are okay. But I’m not driving to JC just to get them lol. 

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Hooters are okay. But I’m not driving to JC just to get them lol. 

Same. But if im somewhere and the options are BWW and Hooters, unless I'm going to watch a UFC event or some other major sporting event, id rather order Hooters to go. 

how long is the drive from Richlands to JC anyway? It's like an hour, hour fifteen from here. 

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Same. But if im somewhere and the options are BWW and Hooters, unless I'm going to watch a UFC event or some other major sporting event, id rather order Hooters to go. 

how long is the drive from Richlands to JC anyway? It's like an hour, hour fifteen from here. 

About 1:45.  And yes, Hooters > BWW.  Their wings are overrated, don’t get me wrong, but they’re palatable.

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

About 1:45.  And yes, Hooters > BWW.  Their wings are overrated, don’t get me wrong, but they’re palatable.

That's not too bad of a drive, but there's no way I'm driving almost four hours round trip for Hooters or BWW wings. Tbh, I'm not sure there's any food in the Tri Cities that I'm willing to give up four hours for.