'Random' Football Thread

trublue

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

That's not too bad of a drive, but there's no way I'm driving almost four hours round trip for Hooters or BWW wings. Tbh, I'm not sure there's any food in the Tri Cities that I'm willing to give up four hours for.

If Delta Blues would fix their thoroughly mediocre mac and cheese, that would be close to it...

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Same. But if im somewhere and the options are BWW and Hooters, unless I'm going to watch a UFC event or some other major sporting event, id rather order Hooters to go. 

how long is the drive from Richlands to JC anyway? It's like an hour, hour fifteen from here. 

I live in Bristol lol. It takes like 25 min to get to JC. Still ain't driving out there for Hooters lol. 

Had BWW in Pikeville Friday, not our first choice but everywhere had a wait time and it was 12:30 (I eat lunch at work by 11 so I was starving). Im not a huge fan of their food but I love their Mango Habanero sauce. 

The wife loves Hooters, weve drove an hour and a half one way to get wings and burgers on more than one occasion.

My favorite wing sauce overall? I make a General Tsos sauce at home and dial up the heat a few notches. 

East Coast Wings (Kingsport, JC) is where it's at.  Best wings I have ever had.  Their sauces are unique (Washington red apple sauce is so yummy and sweet).  And there's plenty of meat in the boneless wings.

I like BWW, but I usually don't get wings from there.  I get the cheese curd bacon burger.  It is amazing!

I am a Hooters wings man myself especially if I'm out on the bike riding down in the Tri-Cities area.  I always stop by and get some wings and curly fries and a cold beverage.  I like my wings hot,  but not 3 mile island hot ! Got those once and between my eyes watering and snot running out my nose I couldn't enjoy them as much as I would have liked !  But I do like my wings more hot than mild.

15 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I live in Bristol lol. It takes like 25 min to get to JC. Still ain't driving out there for Hooters lol. 

I figured you did, with the WCYB stuff and all hah, but honestly was just curious the drive from Richlands to JC. 

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Barbecue joint, on State Street (TN side).

Then I'll have to check it out. However indifferent I am about wings, I'm that enthused about barbeque. It's hard to beat a great pulled pork sandwich or ribs. At this point in my life, id rather have barbeque over just about any other food. 

13 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Then I'll have to check it out. However indifferent I am about wings, I'm that enthused about barbeque. It's hard to beat a great pulled pork sandwich or ribs. At this point in my life, id rather have barbeque over just about any other food. 

Have you ever tried Ridgewood (Bluff City)?  They are amazing!

13 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Got to watch that greasy pork, it cause your blood pressure to skyrocket...heading for a heart attack...BTW, I love BBQ of all sorts...

7 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Have you ever tried Ridgewood (Bluff City)?  They are amazing!

Never tried it. But that may be the next stop when I'm over that way, I trust you and Ryan both, we all three share similar body types lol so I don't believe you'd lead me wrong.

Is the pulled pork their speciality or is it ribs?

7 hours ago, GMan said:

Got to watch that greasy pork, it cause your blood pressure to skyrocket...heading for a heart attack...BTW, I love BBQ of all sorts...

As an overweight guy (I'm around 240 now at 6'4 but in HS I was over 300), I've somehow always managed excellent blood pressure. Even after I started smoking, it always hovers around 120/70. But both my parents have blood pressure issues so I'm positive the older I get, the more aware of my food intake I'll have to be. 

41 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Never tried it. But that may be the next stop when I'm over that way, I trust you and Ryan both, we all three share similar body types lol so I don't believe you'd lead me wrong.

I always get the pulled pork... plenty of fatback in there too.  

45 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I always get the pulled pork... plenty of fatback in there too.  

Damn now all I want is a pulled pork sandwich. Just good pork, some sauce, mayo and bread. Perfect. 

But I'm a mayo monster, I eat it on basically every sandwich sans pb&j. 

45 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Damn now all I want is a pulled pork sandwich. Just good pork, some sauce, mayo and bread. Perfect. 

But I'm a mayo monster, I eat it on basically every sandwich sans pb&j. 

Mayo?   Only if its Dukes Mayo...

2 hours ago, GMan said:

Mayo?   Only if its Dukes Mayo...

I'm in no way shape or form a mayo snob. If it's mayo, I'm drowning my sandwich in it. My mamaw got me on that kick and now I find everything too dry without it. I put it on Philly sandwiches lol, no shame in my mayo game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 3:59 PM, BigWinners said:

Its not really pulled pork though.  They shave the pork after its smoked instead of pulling it.  The beans are great as well.  I want to try the blue cheese appetizer sometime but Im typically the only person thats a fan of blue cheese in my family.