'Random' Football Thread

trublue

14 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

My alma mater has done an exemplary job of testing and tracing.  2 asymptomatic positives upon return and 0 across all sports since.  Great discipline.

I’ll give lolUVA this — their bubble has worked. As has every other bubble we’ve seen. 

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Graham 2022 S/WR Xayvion Bradshaw has picked up an offer from Virginia (#UVA) out of the #ACC. Scored 15 touchdowns as a sophomore and has pretty darn good bloodlines (dad Ahmad won a pair of Super Bowls in the NFL).

Xayvion Bradshaw 
@zaygoinham
After an amazing FaceTime call with @JordanArcement, i am extremely blessed and honored to receive my 6th offer from the University of Virginia
#GoCavaliers @UVAFootball

great state

11 hours ago, vtdavis4321 said:

Random Football Thread is the title so here goes. I wanna see what the two "hammer foots" do in the former Beavers Kaulin Parris at WVU, and good ole Levi up in Happy Valley.

Sadly we’ll have to wait a while to see how Levi does. He also has former Honaker and VT kicker Jordan Stout in Happy Valley with him. Glad to see so many local kids on the big stage. 

GHSA is sponsoring the Corky Kell Classic with various ATL HS FB teams.  Just finished watching on TV the Dacula and Brookwood game  ...went into 4OT's with Brookwood winning 40-34.

Now coming on, North Gwinnett vs McEachern. Internet streaming was available.  N.Gwinnett won the game

11 hours ago, trublue said:

GHSA is sponsoring the Corky Kell Classic with various ATL HS FB teams.  Just finished watching on TV the Dacula and Brookwood game  ...went into 4OT's with Brookwood winning 40-34.

Now coming on, North Gwinnett vs McEachern. Internet streaming was available.  N.Gwinnett won the game

ESPNU is showing a Georgia game next Friday I believe... Rabun County and someone I think?

TBH, I didn't know about the upcoming game you mentioned. So, I looked it up. 

Rabun County...(beautiful area of GA, BTW) , has the #1 rated (dual threat) QB in the nation, class of 2022, Gunner Stockton, verbally committed to South Carolina.  Rabun County will be playing Prince Ave. Christian lead by their class of 2021, 5 star QB, Brock Vandagriff, verbally committed to GA.  (BTW, former Gate City alum, Jeff Herron, coached at Prince Ave. Christian before taking the job at Grayson HS in GA)

I understand why Stockton of Rabun picked SC, as Rabun County is coached by Jaybo Shaw, brother of former SC standout Connor Shaw. 

Should be a great game. Thanks for posting. 

4 hours ago, trublue said:

.  (BTW, former Gate City alum, Jeff Herron, coached at Prince Ave. Christian before taking the job at Grayson HS in GA)

Jeff Herron is now the RB coach at Tennessee Tech if I am not mistaken.  

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

Jeff Herron is now the RB coach at Tennessee Tech if I am not mistaken.  

Thanks. I read when he left TL Hanna in SC, he said he was retiring...guess, you can't keep a coach of his caliber off the football field. I would say football DNA runs through his whole being. 

( I watched on a pay view the SC AAAAA Championship  when he had his team playing at William Brice Stadium in Columbia.)

Wheeling CC @ Parkersburg this Friday might be the largest enrollment disparity of a game played in modern #wvprepfb. 1800-250. Glad to see games getting played though.

Week 2 Power Rankings: Poca rises to the top in Class AA, while Williamstown takes over top spot in Class A. #wvprepfb

2 hours ago, trublue said:
Wheeling CC @ Parkersburg this Friday might be the largest enrollment disparity of a game played in modern #wvprepfb. 1800-250. Glad to see games getting played though.

Week 2 Power Rankings: Poca rises to the top in Class AA, while Williamstown takes over top spot in Class A. #wvprepfb

wheeling central is a private school that recruits and plays powerful ohio schools then comes to wv to pound the single A's on way to the past 25 state titles lol. not really a single A school.might even beat parkersburg 

10 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

wheeling central is a private school that recruits and plays powerful ohio schools then comes to wv to pound the single A's on way to the past 25 state titles lol. not really a single A school.might even beat parkersburg 

I had the chance to go watch them last October on a Thursday night, and chose to go to Dayton, Ohio instead to watch two Dayton high schools play.  Got there and, I'll just say that I didn't fit in and was given plenty of strange looks... Lol.  I instantly regretted not going to Wheeling instead.

It's Monday Night Football in Mercer County! Montcalm visits PikeView tonight after both teams were unable to play Friday due to Mercer Co. being in orange. #wvprepfb

Check out some of the Top Plays from Week 2 of our Football Friday coverage

On 9/15/2020 at 1:14 PM, redtiger said:

I figured that would be what the SWD schools had to do. SOS will matter more than ever, no room for 1As on a 2A schedule unless absolutely necessary. Abingdon being in the M7 is a real boost for them 

Tazewell will travel to Riverheads for Game #1.  That’s a stiff, stiff test to open the slate.  Should be an excellent game.

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Tazewell will travel to Riverheads for Game #1.  That’s a stiff, stiff test to open the slate.  Should be an excellent game.

Honestly that is an incredible move by Tazewell.  Riverheads plays an impressive district schedule. Theyre a verry valuable opponent, especially with the shortened season.