Week 4 updates

Tigers_07

15 minutes ago, -oo- said:

Ball was originally on the 5 yard line and after the penalty it stayed on the 5 yard line.

So either they declined it and the refs messed up.

OR

The refs meant to blow it dead, so they still messed up

So we'll just blame the refs I guess

Huh??????

If they declined it, which they absolutely, 100% should have, then the refs got it right.

12 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

Huh??????

If they declined it, which they absolutely, 100% should have, then the refs got it right.

Can't decline offsides in high school. Should have been half the distance to the goal replay the down. Also should have been blown dead immediately. 

11 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Richlands folk, how does Union stack up against Abingdon?

I think it should be a good game. First drive Abingdon drove down the field with ease and took 9 mins off the clock with 4 and 5 yard runs. Seems like their big line ran out of gas toward the end and Richlands was getting in the backfield pretty easily. See it being close at the half and Union pulling away at the end. I could see Union getting 250+ on the ground.

3 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Can't decline offsides in high school. Should have been half the distance to the goal replay the down. Also should have been blown dead immediately. 

IF a kick is blown dead immediately, have you ever seen the play stop? You don't do that.

19 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

Huh??????

I thought if they declined it the kick would have been good.

I think the refs meant to blow it dead. I was in the press box so maybe I just didn’t hear the whistle and I missed the refs trying to stop the play.