Week 4 updates

Tigers_07

4 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I'll get the exact rule from the ref I work with. But offsides is an automatic penalty in high school. 

I've never heard that it was automatically accepted, only that it stops a play at the HS level. I assume it's like any other defensive penalty, you can decline to take the yardage but may be wrong

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

I've never heard that it was automatically accepted, only that it stops a play at the HS level. I assume it's like any other defensive penalty, you can decline to take the yardage but may be wrong

If it's called dead and you decline the penalty that would be kind of stupid wouldn't it? I mean it's free yards

Much respect to the GMen. They have a great team with athletes everywhere. 

Stats will be interesting. While Union played a tremendous game and showed incredible heart, I do feel the ball bounced our way tonight. One play here or there could have went differently and we would have had a long ride home.

I do not want a rematch! Haha

Good luck to Graham the rest of the way.

17 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Much respect to the GMen. They have a great team with athletes everywhere. 

Stats will be interesting. While Union played a tremendous game and showed incredible heart, I do feel the ball bounced our way tonight. One play here or there could have went differently and we would have had a long ride home.

I do not want a rematch! Haha

Good luck to Graham the rest of the way.

I agree one play here or there could have changed game. I think ball bounced Bears way but it is what it is. Good grief we had two guys fighting over a catch and they both tip it & your guy gets it and runs for TD. I think players probably underestimated Union too because everyone was handing Graham the win. I love me some GMen but tonight they were undisciplined, sloppy compared to what they can be when they're focused. I'd be interested to see how many penalty yards GMen had. Great job battling back but Union deserved the win. Good luck! Maybe we'll see you at Bullit Park postseason....I don't see us getting any home field advantage. 

14 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

A few Union fans last week wanted to know penalty yards vs. Letcher, I talked to one of asst. coaches and they didn't know exact yards but said it was around 300 -350 

WOW! Beyond ridiculous. I REALLY hope we can find some Tennessee teams to play after this cycle. 

3 hours ago, Unchained said:

So many folks have been all over this kid and I kept saying "Give him a chance to develop". The kid showed what he's made of tonight. Outstanding job

i know how much time this kid puts in watching film and staying late working on his game. im so very proud of him. he needed a game like this as much as people been on him. he came up big tonight

3 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

There was 3 on the play, 1 on Union and 2 on graham 

That’s how I understood it. After the first flags came out, a graham player was bobbing his head and walking towards a couple of our players. I’m guessing they weren’t swapping Snapchat handles lol. That’s when the third penalty came out. I wasn’t on the field obviously so I can’t say if that was the reason. That definitely hurt the two point conversion attempt. 

Union 37, Graham 35

At Mitchell Stadium

Union.........................0 13 14 10 — 37

Graham.......................10 0 6 19 — 35

First Quarter

Gra — Xayvion Turner 36 pass from Devin Lester (Dales kick), 9:31

Gra — Dales 20 FG, 5:30

Second Quarter

Union — Mason Polier 2 run (Koby Crist kick), 7:04

Union — Antwun Jenkins 4 pass from Brody Gibson (kick blocked), 0:05.1

Third Quarter

Union — Polier 12 run (Crist kick), 6:29

Union — Polier 18 interception return (Crist kick), 6:19

Gra — Lester 6 run (kick blocked), 4:10

Fourth Quarter

Gra - Lester 1 run (run failed), 9:54

Union — Jenkins 78 pass from Gibson (Crist kick), 7:47

Gra — Turner 12 pass from Lester (Dales kick), 7:07

Gra — Turner 21 pass from Lester (pass intercepted), 2:35

Union — Crist FG, 0:05.4

TEAM STATISTICS
Total yards, U 399, G 442. First downs, U 17, G 14. Rushes-yards, U 55-265, G 19-114. Passing yards, U 134, G 328. Pass comp-att-intc, U 7-177-0, G 13-23-2. Penalties-yards, U 5-46, G 11-84. 
———
INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS
RUSHING -- Union, Mason Polier 33-193, Zavier Lomax 12-38, Bryce Guerrant 10-34. Graham, Devin Lester 12-98, Treveese Booker 5-7, Jamir Blevins 1-1, Team 1-(-2).
PASSING -- Union, Brody Gibson 7-17-134-2 TD-0 into. Graham, Blevins 0-1-0-0-0; Lester 13-22-328-3-2.
RECEIVING -- Union, Mason Polier 2-15, Antwun Jenkins 2-82, Daemai Lester 2-18, Malachi Jenkins 1-19. Graham, Xayvion Turner 6-141, Dales 3-108, Marqus Ray 3-39, Braden Watkins 1-40.