Gate City @ Union

CriticalNoise

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Per the radio, Unions first TD drive last night was over nine minutes long and I'm not sure they attempted a pass. 

18 plays 80 yards 10 min. 24 seconds. 530 was left in 1st qtr and we scored at 706 left in 2nd

2 hours ago, The U Bear said:

18 plays 80 yards 10 min. 24 seconds. 530 was left in 1st qtr and we scored at 706 left in 2nd

Any pass attempts? That's a helluva drive. It can be soul stealing for a defense but Grahams high octane offense kept responding and their defense seemed to shut Union down for stretches.

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Any pass attempts? That's a helluva drive. It can be soul stealing for a defense but Grahams high octane offense kept responding and their defense seemed to shut Union down for stretches.

0 pass attemts

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

After last night I would call this game the most dangerous we could play. GC is vastly improved and we are coming off such a massive win This is the epitome of a trap game. Stay focused Bears

agree with this. ive already told a couple of the players that if we dont take care of buisness next week then the win over graham dont mean nothing. gotta win conference games at home. these kids are young and hungry so i think they will be focused.

GC has a good line, a big FB, a tough RB and a little bit of speed. They're not going to roll over, so we have to come out strong and hit them straightaway. 

I think GC puts up a fight, but Union's depth will be too much.

Coming off the game with Graham makes me feel like this could be a closer game than it should be. 

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

GC has a good line, a big FB, a tough RB and a little bit of speed. They're not going to roll over, so we have to come out strong and hit them straightaway. 

I think GC puts up a fight, but Union's depth will be too much.

Coming off the game with Graham makes me feel like this could be a closer game than it should be. 

Unions not gonna beat any good teams by much but mainly because of their style, hard to score alot when u have 8 minute drives

3 hours ago, who? said:

Union going to kill gc.  Gc is starting to play like Akers is coaching.  They ain’t had the fire they had first two games.  They get down and the old habits start coming back. 

Strongly disagree. The kids may miss tackles / blocks, give up a reception, etc., but they are always in position to make the play. They are playing with effort when they are clearly out of gas, & when you combine those things it reflects great coaching. GC was down two speedsters (#12 & #2) and two lineman (#70 & #61) Friday night; that’s insurmountable with our depth. Also keep in mind that 3 of the teams GC has played included generational / D1 talents. Abingdon got away with one; South & RV we’re flat out better teams. GC will continue to improve (Coaching) & will be fine. 

19 hours ago, The U Bear said:

agree with this. ive already told a couple of the players that if we dont take care of buisness next week then the win over graham dont mean nothing. gotta win conference games at home. these kids are young and hungry so i think they will be focused.

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Unions not gonna beat any good teams by much but mainly because of their style, hard to score alot when u have 8 minute drives

I agree with the post above..We have to take GC seriously....

I told my son they're coming in here to punch y'all in the mouth... Do not take Gate City lightly!!! 

5 minutes ago, UNION#ATW said:

I agree with the post above..We have to take GC seriously....

I told my son they're coming in here to punch y'all in the mouth... Do not take Gate City lightly!!! 

I hope they take them seriously because this really has all the signs of a trap game.  Also I haven't heard anything but why was Satterfield not playing friday

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

This is true. The team is built to have long, time consuming drives and if they stop the opposing team a few times, they win. As long as they score 1 more point, that's all that matters. 

I can see Union flirting with a shutout based on gc maybe running right at us. Not saying they will. Just that our D can nasty. That said, Union by 24. 

And as usual, prayers for the players safety and everyone’s travels.