John Battle @ Patrick Henry

BobBelcher

24 minutes ago, swvafbrespect said:

Has Battle had injuries? I havent heard of any major injuries this year. I always hope that the young men can play without any.

3 year starting outside linebacker(shoulder) out  for year, 2 year wing an corner back ankle an knee has been out since Abingdon game, 2nd year tail back an middle line backer out since Holston (knee) had MRI Saturday an hoping for good report from doc. Tuesday. 1st year corner (ankle)game to game, also quarterback has left team last week an other starting line backer was suspended last week (time  is unknown)

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Why WCYB picked this game is beyond me. Does anyone know their full slate?

This game was picked months ago, long before anyone knew Battle would be as down as they are. 

Also, all games are games that feature both teams inside the WCYB market.  

Also, not every team agreed to us coming. So there are big matchups that aren’t on the schedule that they wanted, but the home school said no. 

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

This game was picked months ago, long before anyone knew Battle would be as down as they are. 

Also, all games are games that feature both teams inside the WCYB market.  

Also, not every team agreed to us coming. So there are big matchups that aren’t on the schedule that they wanted, but the home school said no. 

Why would a school, not want you there? Seems crazy. 

2 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

Why would a school, not want you there? Seems crazy. 

Afraid that having it on TV will eliminate the need for the home fans to come out and actually see the game live -- thus losing gate money. There are more schools than you think who went that route -- and some very big ones, at that. 

They came to Union last season as well, can't imagine Union turning down opportunity. 

I knew WCYB wouldn't cover Union/Richlands or Union/Graham since those two aren't in coverage area, but I just thought even pre-season this game looked like a blowout

On 9/22/2019 at 5:53 PM, grandpaw trojan said:

3 year starting outside linebacker(shoulder) out  for year, 2 year wing an corner back ankle an knee has been out since Abingdon game, 2nd year tail back an middle line backer out since Holston (knee) had MRI Saturday an hoping for good report from doc. Tuesday. 1st year corner (ankle)game to game, also quarterback has left team last week an other starting line backer was suspended last week (time  is unknown)

An doctor ruled today on the tailback, he has blew out his ACL so no more #20 for JSB this year

13 hours ago, grandpaw trojan said:

An doctor ruled today on the tailback, he has blew out his ACL so no more #20 for JSB this year

Battle's season is toast... Hate to say that for our M7 brethren, but this loss is the final straw that broke the camel's back.

Prayers for a speedy recovery to this young man.

10 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Battle's season is toast... Hate to say that for our M7 brethren, but this loss is the final straw that broke the camel's back.

Yes you are so right, We sat an watched him sit on sidelines at Marion game an on way home he said, my knee dont hurt that bad, I have to get back to practice because my team needs me. This just breaks my heart an soul, I just hope he can make a speedy recovery for baseball.

22 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

53 minutes ago, Widespread_Panic said:

That camel was dead before the season began regardless of injuries. 

Perfect for.........What day is it?........Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike. 😎

I am also afraid expectations exceeded the reality in this case. 

Battles defense will be the best that PH has faced to date, even with the injuries, but the offense is having a hard time moving the ball. Hopefully for battle have had a good week of practice and have made progress but the game may be lower scoring than people think. Brown just needs to break 2 runs for scores and they will be fine. I hate to hear that about #20 though he’ll of a ball player.

This game will be a blowout Patrick Henry by 4 scores. Battle can’t block Marion lives in there backfield. Without Cunningham and Osborne Trojans have no run game. Defense is weaker as well with Cunningham and Denton gone. Like I said blowout