John Battle @ Patrick Henry

BobBelcher

11 minutes ago, Trojans1980 said:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on my son Dylan Cunningham #20 for Battle. We appreciate it. Yes he was a good ball player. He will have surgery and with hope be ready for baseball. 

Prayers for your son! Wishing him a speedy & full recovery. I hate to see any player hurt.

11 hours ago, Trojans1980 said:

This game will be a blowout Patrick Henry by 4 scores. Battle can’t block Marion lives in there backfield. Without Cunningham and Osborne Trojans have no run game. Defense is weaker as well with Cunningham and Denton gone. Like I said blowout

Hate to hear this about Cunningham but this game would be a blow out no matter who plays. Battle should easily be 3-1 at this point. The big hit to Battle is Poe #7 being out he was their playmaker. 

I wonder if you’d be bashing them if your son was still playing and as far as Osborne how can you quit on your boys when things get a little tough and not going your way. I don’t understand young men these days. 

1 hour ago, bristol8434 said:

Hate to hear this about Cunningham but this game would be a blow out no matter who plays. Battle should easily be 3-1 at this point. The big hit to Battle is Poe #7 being out he was their playmaker. 

I wonder if you’d be bashing them if your son was still playing and as far as Osborne how can you quit on your boys when things get a little tough and not going your way. I don’t understand young men these days. 

All 4 of these boys were the meat of Battles scoring game, Zane an Bryson went down 1st game an they were the speed outside, only left Cunningham an walker inside so was pretty much guess where its going. Hutton was the passer so when he came in guess what was going on, not hard to wonder if they can score more than 2 TDs a game an rest of M7 needs more than 2 to win.

Hate to hear all the bad news coming out of Battle. I have a lot of respect for their kids. They play hard and always have good sportsmanship. Disappointing season for sure. Wish them nothing but the best going forward. Patrick Henry will roll, but it won't be because the players quit.

2 hours ago, bristol8434 said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not bashing the Trojans. However what I’m saying is this game will be a blowout.It would be even if Dylan was playing. It was last year and I think Patrick Henry is stronger this year.Zane is a very big speed guy for the Trojans having him out there opens a lot of things for John Battle however for some reason Zane only touches the ball like 7 or 8 times a game. He should have the ball more.The problem is Battle has a team of 27 right now less because another kid quit yesterday and a couple more have said there going to but a lot of our players are not leaving the field. Against Marion with all of our players out Hutton was sacked ten plus times and we had 30 yards rushing. When Zane comes back we will have a great passing offense. If we can block for Hutton and that’s where I think the loss of Dylan may hurt us the most he was very good at giving osborne the few extra seconds to throw or escape. Hutton has a great arm but he doesn’t have the legs of Osborne. However if we can find a way to block for Hutton Zane can light up a defense not to mention Blaylock. Cause trust me Hutton can put the ball anywhere he wants to. Defensive side the loss of Denton hurt us bad but now you have 4 of our big players out so that hurts.Truth is right now the thing that hurts the Trojans more than anything is injuries but it’s lack of numbers and now it’s a lot of young kids playing. Which is good for them for next year but it’s bad for this year. The Trojans have just had very bad luck this year Hopefully Ricker and his staff can pull the team together. But my opinion is it will not be this week Patrick Henry is to strong

29 minutes ago, Trojans1980 said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not bashing the Trojans. However what I’m saying is this game will be a blowout.It would be even if Dylan was playing. It was last year and I think Patrick Henry is stronger this year.Zane is a very big speed guy for the Trojans having him out there opens a lot of things for John Battle however for some reason Zane only touches the ball like 7 or 8 times a game. He should have the ball more.The problem is Battle has a team of 27 right now less because another kid quit yesterday and a couple more have said there going to but a lot of our players are not leaving the field. Against Marion with all of our players out Hutton was sacked ten plus times and we had 30 yards rushing. When Zane comes back we will have a great passing offense. If we can block for Hutton and that’s where I think the loss of Dylan may hurt us the most he was very good at giving osborne the few extra seconds to throw or escape. Hutton has a great arm but he doesn’t have the legs of Osborne. However if we can find a way to block for Hutton Zane can light up a defense not to mention Blaylock. Cause trust me Hutton can put the ball anywhere he wants to. Defensive side the loss of Denton hurt us bad but now you have 4 of our big players out so that hurts.Truth is right now the thing that hurts the Trojans more than anything is injuries but it’s lack of numbers and now it’s a lot of young kids playing. Which is good for them for next year but it’s bad for this year. The Trojans have just had very bad luck this year Hopefully Ricker and his staff can pull the team together. But my opinion is it will not be this week Patrick Henry is to strong

Who quit yesterday? Was it a starter? 

I’ve heard it was #3 Tate a backup DB and special teamer because he wasn’t getting enough playing time. 

Battles QB now is Jack Thurston who starts in the secondary and was JV quarterback last year. He is hard nose kid and knows how to run the offense

3 hours ago, swvafbrespect said:

I am sure Coach Ricker and his staff will build this program and fight through the rough patches.

Ideally the Mountain District is not the place to start your coaching career. Turner, Mullins, Owens all have a lot of experience. Houseright can lean on his Dad for assistance. Finishing 1-9 or 2-8 in year one with several players quitting is going to make it an uphill fight. Hopefully Ricker can recruit and get kids excited about the program but it will take a lot of work.  

It did very much so and ricker has the same grit and toughness. I think I’m the end the program itself will be ok. However if the Trojans can somehow find away to win a couple of games they may still find themselves in the playoffs

What is frustrating is knowing that JSB is a couple plays away from being 3-1. With that said, this game wasn't going to be very competitive no matter who was on the field for JSB. I give props to Coach Palmer and his staff at PH for building a program, but high school athletics runs in cycles. I look forward to JSB making this a competitive series again in the near future. I have complete confidence in Coach Ricker and his staff to get the program going back in the right direction.