Week 5 updates.

SW_VA_boy

6 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Mance go a while without playing Bluefield for this reason?

Yep. After the BS of the 03 game we quit playing for 4 years. 

52 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

I don't know what's going on with Grayson's program, but after watching the last two minutes of the game, if I were a Grayson player, I would quit the team because the coaches have quit on them.

What happened? 

5 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

What happened? 

Basically with Marion up 9-0 they get the ball back with around 2 minutes left in the game and have 2 timeouts. All they do is call run plays up the middle and don't even try to score or stop the clock by calling a timeout.  

2 minutes ago, rjhall71 said:

Basically with Marion up 9-0 they get the ball back with around 2 minutes left in the game and have 2 timeouts. All they do is call run plays up the middle and don't even try to score or stop the clock by calling a TO.  

Thanks Sir 

Just now, Unchained said:

Yeah well it would suck to see the young man get hurt period much less in a blowout that he shouldn't have . Big time playing with fire here:(

Yes it would suck, but if a kid is goal driven and has that fire to accomplish them it would suck to not let him dance with that fire

1 minute ago, RichRich said:

Yes it would suck, but if a kid is goal driven and has that fire to accomplish them it would suck to not let him dance with that fire

Not sure that the reward is worth the risk. Obviously I want nothing but the best for our kids on all these teams,but were he at UHS I would be very concerned with the roll of the dice. He's one cheap shot away from a frustrated team getting angry and embarrassed because he's still in from kissing an awesome D1 NCAA career goodbye. I'd hate to be Rick Mullins if it went down like that:(

12 minutes ago, RichRich said:

I disagree, like you said he is a kid and the coaches are suppose to be his mentors. Records are good and all but he is on track to get a free education via football what if he gets hurt and can't play again is he still going to have those chances.  I personally don't know what his chances are without football but as mentors the coaches should explain that there are many in the VHSL record books that never accomplished a thing in life after High School even with record setting numbers

8 minutes ago, rjhall71 said:

I disagree, like you said he is a kid and the coaches are suppose to be his mentors. Records are good and all but he is on track to get a free education via football what if he gets hurt and can't play again is he still going to have those chances.  I personally don't know what his chances are without football but as mentors the coaches should explain that there are many in the VHSL record books that never accomplished a thing in life after High School even with record setting numbers

If the kid has goals let him reach them.  He wants 3000 yards he runs hard for that. Pretty sure his coaches are well aware of what they are doing

19 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Not sure that the reward is worth the risk. Obviously I want nothing but the best for our kids on all these teams,but were he at UHS I would be very concerned with the roll of the dice. He's one cheap shot away from a frustrated team getting angry and embarrassed because he's still in from kissing an awesome D1 NCAA career goodbye. I'd hate to be Rick Mullins if it went down like that:(

I doubt you ever have to worried about being rich Mullins.  Let the kids play if they want

Just now, RichRich said:

I doubt you ever have to worried about being rich Mullins.  Let the kids play if they want

Hopefully it'll work out for him. As for Rick he does his thing and I do mine. I wouldn't want to be anybody other than me:)

9 minutes ago, RichRich said:

If the kid has goals let him reach them.  He wants 3000 yards he runs hard for that. Pretty sure his coaches are well aware of what they are doing

It's nice that he has goals but once again I must refer to my original reply and I hope it works out for him and all involved.  

I saw one really bad call against Richlands right before half; otherwise they faired a lot better as far as officiating than Graham against Bluefield. Bluefield just has too much speed. I thought Richlands played a decent a game as they could to be honest. If Blues football drops Bluefield, I'd pick up another 2A not 1A like Blues Basketball did when they dropped Bluefield. Play up not down when possible in my opinion. (The last part was in reference to some wanting to drop Bluefield & is not about current strength of schedule, Richlands plays a tough schedule). Don't get your panties in a wad.