Week 5 updates.

SW_VA_boy

7 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I’m no doctor but the leg looked broke! #6 should have never played another down after, the way it all went down looked intentional 

It was 5 yards deep in the endzone .I hope it wasnt intentional, but sure looked bad. and they should be ashamed of how they acted afterwards.  The poor display of sportsmanship by Princeton after the game was very disappointing as well.

I hope and pray that his leg is not broken.  He appeared to be in a lot of pain.  He is such a great kid and great talent.  To get hurt in this way is terrible.

11 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I saw one really bad call against Richlands right before half; otherwise they faired a lot better as far as officiating than Graham against Bluefield. Bluefield just has too much speed. I thought Richlands played a decent a game as they could to be honest. If Blues football drops Bluefield, I'd pick up another 2A not 1A like Blues Basketball did when they dropped Bluefield. Play up not down when possible in my opinion. 

Play up not down? Have you seen Richlands schedule?

14 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

All 3 buses went to Princeton Community Hospital to check on Chance Harris after the game.  What a great show of compassion by the Tazewell Community.  This speaks volumes about that community.

💚💚Bulldog Family💚💚

23 minutes ago, local_insight said:

Play up not down? Have you seen Richlands schedule?

I was referring to the comment made by. Ryan about dropping Bluefield from their schedule. If that were to.happen replace with at least another 2A not a Hurley or Twin Valley. (No offense intended toward those two schools). Nobody said Richlands played a weak schedule. You took.comment out of context. 

37 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I saw one really bad call against Richlands right before half; otherwise they faired a lot better as far as officiating than Graham against Bluefield. Bluefield just has too much speed. I thought Richlands played a decent a game as they could to be honest. If Blues football drops Bluefield, I'd pick up another 2A not 1A like Blues Basketball did when they dropped Bluefield. Play up not down when possible in my opinion. 

Really? Whens the last time Richlands had a 1A team on their schedule? This coming from a fan of a team that has at least a couple 1A teams on the schedule every year. This post makes no sense.

15 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Really? Whens the last time Richlands had a 1A team on their schedule? This coming from a fan of a team that has at least a couple 1A teams on the schedule every year. This post makes no sense.

No need to get so bent out of shape. I commend Mance for playing Bluefield. It was more of a comment about Phillips dropping Bluefield to pick up 1A school in basketball. I was only staying my.opinon that I would hope football wouldn't follow his lead.  I honestly don't think Mance would do that. He likes tough competition. He understands that makes his team better. He's not out just to pad his win/loss record. That's why he's one of the top coaches in SWVA. Graham doesn't play any 1A teams in football to the best of my knowledge. 

27 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

All 3 buses went to Princeton Community Hospital to check on Chance Harris after the game.  What a great show of compassion by the Tazewell Community.  This speaks volumes about that community.

Hope he's okay. I just hate to see any player hurt. He is a talented young man. Tazewell has just had more than their fair share of injuries. Prayers for him. 

8 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

This post also makes no sense considering 1raham hasn’t played a 1A team since 2016 when Graham was in the MED and forced to play 1A schools that were in their district. 

2 minutes ago, EH31 said:

This post also makes no sense considering 1raham hasn’t played a 1A team since 2016 when Graham was in the MED and forced to play 1A schools that were in their district. 

Was thinking the same thing  Did Fort Chiswell drop yet?  I thought the Fort is still 2A, even this year.

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I hope this bull$hit series is over after next year. I really do. 

I am the last Richlands fan to complain about officiating .  However, the onside kick call is probably the worst I have ever seen in a football game at any level.  It was complete horseshit.  Richlands had scored two consecutive touchdowns and the momentum from the recovery could have certainly propelled them to another.  The call affected the game flow and most certainly the end result.  It was painfully obvious the officials ran the call of the rails to halt or freeze Richlands' momentum.  I would not let this crew work a youth league game.  Completely despicable.  I agree with Ryan, time to kill the series.  This is not a knock on the Beavers or their fans, only the officials.  # 54 for Bluefield was a pretty classy player. 

Just now, old_school_blue said:

I am the last Richlands fan to complain about officiating .  However, the onside kick call is probably the worst I have ever seen in a football game at any level.  It was complete horseshit.  Richlands had scored two consecutive touchdowns and the momentum from the recovery could have certainly propelled them to another with the momentum.  The call affected the game flow and most certainly the end result.  It was painfully obvious the officials ran the call of the rails to halt or freeze the game momentum.  I would not let this crew work a youth league game.  Completely despicable.  I agree with Ryan, time to kill the series.  This is not a knock on the Beavers or their fans, only the officials.  # 54 for Bluefield was a pretty classy player. 

That was the one bad call I mentioned but it was nearly halftime maybe Richlands scored once more before half if not for that call. But Bluefield came back out at half and just smashed it. I'd say they got a very "stern" talk in that locker room. It was a great first half for Richlands. They just couldn't get it together second half. Bluefield is just really fast & strong even.with the couple injuries of key players. They've got some depth other teams don't have including Graham. I think Blues played a respectable game all things considered. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

That was the one bad call I mentioned but it was nearly halftime maybe Richlands scored once more before half if not for that call. But Bluefield came back out at half and just smashed it. I'd say they got a very "stern" talk in that locker room. It was a great first half for Richlands. They just couldn't get it together second half. Bluefield is just really fast & strong even.with the couple injuries of key players. They've got some depth other teams don't have including Graham. I think Blues played a respectable game all things considered. 

If the refs don't make that call and Richlands scores.....even if it is a field goal.  The Beavers do not smash it in the second half.  Like I said, I feel that was a game changing call.  Momentum is part of the game, it should be decided by players and coaches, not officials.  Normally not the first to say "home cookin'."  But that was Sunday dinner at Granny Beavers.

4 minutes ago, old_school_blue said:

If the refs don't make that call and Richlands scores.....even if it is a field goal.  The Beavers do not smash it in the second half.  Like I said, I feel that was a game changing call.  Momentum is part of the game, it should be decided by players and coaches, not officials.  Normally not the first to say "home cookin'."  But that was Sunday dinner at Granny Beavers.

We can agree to disagree. I say Bluefield smashed second half regardless if Richlands scores and has momentum going into the half. It was one bad call, otherwise, penalties were pretty much even it seemed to me. With a 52-31 score it's hard to blame.loss on one call IMO and no disrespect intended  we just see it differently. 

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

We can agree to disagree. I say Bluefield smashed second half regardless if Richlands scores and has momentum going into the half. It was one bad call, otherwise, penalties were pretty much even it seemed to me. With a 52-31 score it's hard to blame.loss on one call IMO and no disrespect intended  we just see it differently. 

Agreed (to agree to disagree.)

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

It was actually 52-38.  Two touchdown game, not a blowout.

You just hate to see the Richlands meltdown after all that home cooking tonight.  One questionable penalty and in the blink of an eye Bluefield has rolled up 600+ yards of total offense, hung 50, and are leading by 28 before the dogs are called off.  Hopefully the Blues can bounce back from this and salvage their season. 

6 minutes ago, old_school_blue said:

It was actually 52-38.  Two touchdown game, not a blowout.

I left with a couple minutes left but there were already 2nd stringers in when I left. Guess I missed that last TD.  Like I said. respectable showing by Blues. I'll be there on October 25th and I expect a great game between GMen & Blues. Good luck rest of the season ! 

27 minutes ago, hokie07 said:

You just hate to see the Richlands meltdown after all that home cooking tonight.  One questionable penalty and in the blink of an eye Bluefield has rolled up 600+ yards of total offense, hung 50, and are leading by 28 before the dogs are called off.  Hopefully the Blues can bounce back from this and salvage their season. 

One questionable? The kick was one. And it cost us a 7 point halftime lead with us having ALL of the momentum and getting the ball back. If that happens and Richlands scores again to go up 14, is that game still the same? Not saying we win, because Bluefield is good in their own right. 

But what about when Richlands has a stop on 3rd and long and a facemask call where the defender was wrapped around his waist? Or the missed offensive pass interference in the 2nd half? 

There were several calls where Richlands had big plays to change momentum, and a set of 7 old guys decided it wasn’t to be. 

Let the kids play ball and stay out of being the star of the show.