Week 5 updates.

SW_VA_boy

6 minutes ago, MrBigChest said:

Ike with a cast on and JJ on the bench. You seen what happened when he got on the field. 

Richlands fan can never admit they’re the less talented team. I heard the tornadoes’ fans talking at the concession stand last season for the playoff game about how they was going to beat graham that day and the regular season game was a fluke. I lol’d Richlands coaching is good enough to make a game respectable for a short time but you can’t overcome a talent gap that big. Graham rolled both times last year because they was the more talented team. Just like bluefield last night 

I’ve said many times that Bluefield has more talent than any team in our coverage area. And its not even close. But even with that talent gap, it was still 24-21 at halftime and should have been 28-21 the other way. Bluefield probably wins either way. But we played them tougher than most expected. 

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

It’s not particularly clear from the photograph posted that #5 (Steele) isn’t  in fact lined up directly behind Forrest.  That would be a valid procedure violation.  

I was there and thought it was a bad call at the time but if #5 was directly behind Forest then I’m like you it’s a valid procedure violation. The photo doesn’t clearly show #5 to the left. It would be great to have an aerial photo but I guess we all can just armchair ref the call. Either way, that call did not cost Richlands the game. They played hard but Bluefield is just on another level and they had some key players out. 

7 hours ago, FootballFan67 said:

I was there and thought it was a bad call at the time but if #5 was directly behind Forest then I’m like you it’s a valid procedure violation. The photo doesn’t clearly show #5 to the left. It would be great to have an aerial photo but I guess we all can just armchair ref the call. Either way, that call did not cost Richlands the game. They played hard but Bluefield is just on another level and they had some key players out. 

There’s another’s picture of it that show Steele’s feet are on the left side of the hash and the ball a foot inside the hash. Steele is 3-4 feet left of the ball. 

7 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

There’s another’s picture of it that show Steele’s feet are on the left side of the hash and the ball a foot inside the hash. Steele is 3-4 feet left of the ball. 

Then my initial reaction to it being a bad call would be correct. 

22 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I’ve said many times that Bluefield has more talent than any team in our coverage area. And its not even close. But even with that talent gap, it was still 24-21 at halftime and should have been 28-21 the other way. Bluefield probably wins either way. But we played them tougher than most expected. 

Here is another Richlands fan admitting the talent gap. Game should t have been as close as it was.  Richlands can what if all night. The on side kick penalty appears to be a bad call and killed the blues momentum at a big time . The defensive pass interference was a terrible call. No one will even dispute that  . That was a big call.  Webb’s dropped touchdown that would have tied the game late in the third quarter  31 to 31 was a huge play that hurt the blues.  However if he doesn’t line up the game may have been over earlier IMO.  The blues played really hard.  Can’t overcome the beavers athletes. They are very good. And more talented. And that isn’t an opinion. It’s a fact.  Hard play. Good coaching. And a few explosive plays kept this game interesting.  And the 2 or 3 bad calls kept the game from being interesting till at least late 4 th quarter.  That’s the only complaint. I hope the beavers win out. Their players played hard and fast. Liked watching them.  

On 9/29/2019 at 7:27 AM, Ryan4VT said:

So?  That's got nothing to do with the rules.