Trenton Adkins stats

Tigers_07

Radio said ended up with something around 240, so probably at least 200, maybe up to 250.   Sounded like he may have had a small injury or been a bit under the weather, as they didn't use him much , and he was out some, but considering that he played some in the third, and knowing Coach Mullins, it must have been very minor or equipment or something because there is no chance he would have had him in in there was any real issue.  

I had him at 207 but I'm no official stats guy by any means.  He played two series and it became apparent pretty quickly we wouldn't need him or any of the starters tonight really after that, so they all alternated in and out after that and finally were done for good early third quarter.

8 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I had him at 207 but I'm no official stats guy by any means.  He played two series and it became apparent pretty quickly we wouldn't need him or any of the starters tonight really after that, so they all alternated in and out after that and finally were done for good early third quarter.

Done early 3rd and folks were complaining about him playing to much in another thread smh. He's got some lofty goals.  I'd like to see him reach them.

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Great stats, would mean much more against a stronger schedule 

I'll be interested to see his stats when they play Union. He's definitely a talent & if he gets 300 yards and multiple TDs on Union's defense  then hats off definitely. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I'll be interested to see his stats when they play Union. He's definitely a talent & if he gets 300 yards and multiple TDs on Union's defense  then hats off definitely. 

This right here. His freshmen year, he was a non factor being held to less yards than his jersey number that year. Last year he was some of the same. Only had a decent run when the game was all but over. Sexton kid ran thru us. 

Am I bad mouthing the young man?  Nope. Not at all. He’s a solid athlete. But he’s yet to show Union any of that yet. He may run a 5k on us this time lol. But I’m thinking that’s not going to happen. I can see him getting 150 yards. But I’ll be the first to say I was wrong if he shows out against us this season. 

6 hours ago, Ol Dawg said:

This right here. His freshmen year, he was a non factor being held to less yards than his jersey number that year. Last year he was some of the same. Only had a decent run when the game was all but over. Sexton kid ran thru us. 

Am I bad mouthing the young man?  Nope. Not at all. He’s a solid athlete. But he’s yet to show Union any of that yet. He may run a 5k on us this time lol. But I’m thinking that’s not going to happen. I can see him getting 150 yards. But I’ll be the first to say I was wrong if he shows out against us this season. 

This is how I felt about Cousin from Graham. He was a talent and did amazing things...except when he played Richlands. He was not good and played scared in every game against Richlands. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

This is how I felt about Cousin from Graham. He was a talent and did amazing things...except when he played Richlands. He was not good and played scared in every game against Richlands. 

Where did he end up at? 

Atkins ran for 119 yds on 24 carries last year against Union. That's pretty good for a sophomore. It ain't 300 yds, but I don't know if it's exactly being held in check either.

Yes its true, during his 9th grade year at the age of 13 and 14, Union held him in check. LOL. Well done, you showed him. 

45 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Atkins ran for 119 yds on 24 carries last year against Union. That's pretty good for a sophomore. It ain't 300 yds, but I don't know if it's exactly being held in check either.

Yes its true, during his 9th grade year at the age of 13 and 14, Union held him in check. LOL. Well done, you showed him. 

Slow down big guy. At no time was I bad mouthing him. But since your in the stat check mood, let me know how long his last td was. I was thinking 50 late in the game. Take that away and he’s setting at 69 yards on 23 carries. That’s 3 yards per carry. So yes, the Union D did keep him in check. I don’t care how old he was his freshmen year. I was stating a fact. 

I think you may have took my post out of context. I mentioned he was a great athlete. He’s just had less than average games against our D. Doesn’t me I think he’s trash pal. Much the opposite. 

7 hours ago, Ol Dawg said:

At that point in his freshman season he was splitting time at rb with sproles he did have a few highlights that game (trucking Mitchell on a run stands out in my mind) of course if union sells out to stop adkins then rv then rv would be silly not to take advantage of it

13 minutes ago, Counts said:

At that point in his freshman season he was splitting time at rb with sproles he did have a few highlights that game (trucking Mitchell on a run stands out in my mind) of course if union sells out to stop adkins then rv then rv would be silly not to take advantage of it

if i was a d cordinator i would focus on limiting adkins and make the other kids beat me. hes the focus of thereoffense so i would game plan to take him away

4 hours ago, Ol Dawg said:

Slow down big guy. At no time was I bad mouthing him. But since your in the stat check mood, let me know how long his last td was. I was thinking 50 late in the game. Take that away and he’s setting at 69 yards on 23 carries. That’s 3 yards per carry. So yes, the Union D did keep him in check. I don’t care how old he was his freshmen year. I was stating a fact. 

I think you may have took my post out of context. I mentioned he was a great athlete. He’s just had less than average games against our D. Doesn’t me I think he’s trash pal. Much the opposite. 

The slow down big guy statement is probably more applicable to yourself. I never wrote that you trashed him, or bad mouthed him, nor took your post out of context. Don't be so sensitive.

You did write that you "held him in check." For a sophomore with 119 yds, that ain't checked. You can't "take 50 away late in the game." That counts. P.S. When you make a statement that someone was held in check, an initial response most of the United States would venture at seeing what in check means.....as in stats. He ran for 119 yds on 24 carries and that's a bunch for a sophomore. He didn't run for 200 because Sexton had another approximate 90 yds. Otherwise.......lol