Trenton Adkins stats

Tigers_07

4 hours ago, The U Bear said:

if i was a d cordinator i would focus on limiting adkins and make the other kids beat me. hes the focus of thereoffense so i would game plan to take him away

Of course. Everyone does. The issue with Ridgeview at least for this year is......their five from tackle to tackle can beat you. I'm watching some of the HUDL stuff and he's not even getting touched on several occasions until he's yen yds off the line of scrimmage. The line at Ridgeviee on O is a huge portion of their team few have talked about in making them a solid football team.

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

The slow down big guy statement is probably more applicable to yourself. I never wrote that you trashed him, or bad mouthed him, nor took your post out of context. Don't be so sensitive.

You did write that you "held him in check." For a sophomore with 119 yds, that ain't checked. You can't "take 50 away late in the game." That counts. P.S. When you make a statement that someone was held in check, an initial response most of the United States would venture at seeing what in check means.....as in stats. He ran for 119 yds on 24 carries and that's a bunch for a sophomore. He didn't run for 200 because Sexton had another approximate 90 yds. Otherwise.......lol

The slow your roll Comment was only an attempt to make sure it didn’t seem the conversation was going in an abrasive direction. Being sensitive?  Nah. Not from talking hypothetically about high school football.  Anyway, just an opinion. And 119 on 24 carries for a D1 recruit is not terrible. 
And you are correct, you can’t just take out a run  I think we are just taking each other out of context  not the intent here  

not trying to get into a pissing contest. About 1030pm on Oct 11 is when we will know the answers I guess. 

• 1 month later...

4 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Hard to find stats anywhere unless someone lists them on here.  I'd also be curious about Polier he has to be close to 2000 yards

I remember when the paper would have the top 5 or 10 in each district in each category hard to believe that they don.t keep up with that stuff anymore

51 minutes ago, Counts said:

I remember when the paper would have the top 5 or 10 in each district in each category hard to believe that they don.t keep up with that stuff anymore

I don't even know if Union has anyone keeping up with the stats now or not.

2 hours ago, cwood78 said:

Atkins,  2,722 yds,  47 tds

That's crazy stats!!! Does he normally play all four quarters even when game is put away? He's definitely a force to be reckoned with as far as Ridgeview vs Central rematch. I guess he'll hit 3,000 Friday unless Warriors shut him down. 

3 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Hard to find stats anywhere unless someone lists them on here.  I'd also be curious about Polier he has to be close to 2000 yards

Polier is over 1800 so far. 

Crabtree at Central is over 1700. Atkins at 2700(which is ridiculous). Running game is alive and well in the M7.

Anyone have stats on Calhoun(?) from GC ?

4 hours ago, cwood78 said:

Atkins,  2,722 yds,  47 tds

Good grief. He'll have 50 or more TDs and over 3k yards come Friday unless Wise Central has a game plan to shut him down. What's the record for most rushing TDs and yards in a season

26 minutes ago, Tigers_07 said:

Good grief. He'll have 50 or more TDs and over 3k yards come Friday unless Wise Central has a game plan to shut him down. What's the record for most rushing TDs and yards in a season

Elijah Davis from Heritage had 3,603 and 59 touchdowns in 2017

4 hours ago, redtiger said:

Polier is over 1800 so far. 

Crabtree at Central is over 1700. Atkins at 2700(which is ridiculous). Running game is alive and well in the M7.

Anyone have stats on Calhoun(?) from GC ?

Not sure of the season for Calhoun, but he had 14 yards on six carries Friday night.

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

That's crazy stats!!! Does he normally play all four quarters even when game is put away? He's definitely a force to be reckoned with as far as Ridgeview vs Central rematch. I guess he'll hit 3,000 Friday unless Warriors shut him down. 

No I think Central, Union, (I cant remember exactly when the starters were pulled from the Pikeville game) are the only games that he played the full 4 qtrs most games the starters are in 1 or 2 series into the 3rd vs Marion he had 296 yards in the 1st half on I think 12 carries. 

34 minutes ago, Counts said:

No I think Central, Union, (I cant remember exactly when the starters were pulled from the Pikeville game) are the only games that he played the full 4 qtrs most games the starters are in 1 or 2 series into the 3rd vs Marion he had 296 yards in the 1st half on I think 12 carries. 

He was taken out in the third against Shelby Valley, but put back in in the fourth because Shelby Valley continued to put up points with their starters.  Adkins scored in the fourth quarter of that game.

But yeah, Central and Union and that's it.  Most of the others he was done by halftime or first possession in the third.

so he will likely fall short of the single season record of 3600 and 59 tds? What is everybody opinion on that? They have at least 2 more games imo they beat Central, and then who knows after that. If he can get 3 more games or all the way to the finals  I think he has a shot

9 hours ago, sir said:

so he will likely fall short of the single season record of 3600 and 59 tds? What is everybody opinion on that? They have at least 2 more games imo they beat Central, and then who knows after that. If he can get 3 more games or all the way to the finals  I think he has a shot

IF and only IF, but that's a BIG IF.

8 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

IF and only IF, but that's a BIG IF.

I think they beat Central. It’s possible that they get revenge on Union if Union beats Graham. I doubt they beat Graham if Graham beats Union. 

If they meet Appomattox, then I don’t think they will win that. 

Ridgeview had better focus on Central.