Graham vs Princeton

Gridiron60

They broke Ike Johnson's ankle when they played Bluefield.  They took our Chance Harris from Tazewell when they played. 

They take pride in this.  A team is a reflection of their coach and a school is a reflection of their principal.  The school system is a reflection of its superintendent, Dr. Deborah Akers.

There is a major issue!!!

14 minutes ago, GMan said:

They broke Ike Johnson's ankle when they played Bluefield.  They took our Chance Harris from Tazewell when they played. 

They take pride in this.  A team is a reflection of their coach and a school is a reflection of their principal.  The school system is a reflection of its superintendent, Dr. Deborah Akers.

If anyone wants to read something interesting DM me...

I couldn't get the links to open. If it's the pics I have seen on social media, I agree 100% with you on this. There has been stuff going around on social media for a few weeks regarding one of Graham's players and what Princeton is going to do to him. Simply put this is out of control. If my son or daughter posted something like this and/or took part in making signs of this nature, all I can say is whoa be unto their ass when I found out. I hope Graham can stay focused Friday and leave Princeton without any injuries.

14 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

There's also a Twitter account for Princeton's Pep Club that has a rather classless post on it as well. 

What is the name of that account?  @PSHSpep has been deleted.

The Twitter account has been deleted. The coach has issued a statement &  the principal got on the PA this morning about being disrespectful and fighting on social media. I’m hoping for a fair clean game on both sides with no injuries. I’d hate to see Graham players or Princeton players getting drawn into the social media drama. Do your talking on the field, boys! 

Edited: This afternoon Princeton Senior High School issued a statement as well. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

The Twitter account has been deleted. The coach has issued a statement &  the principal got on the PA this morning about being disrespectful and fighting on social media. I’m hoping for a fair clean game on both sides with no injuries. I’d hate to see Graham players or Princeton players getting drawn into the social media drama. Do your talking on the field, boys! 

I'm hoping for Graham to set a VHSL scoring record.

2 hours ago, GMan said:

Add Mike Jones to that list as well with his torn ACL.

As I said before I know the ethics of the coach's father (or lack thereof) so it doesn't surprise me on the rest of it

Little deeper research:

7 hrs · 
A few things that need to be addressed.
1) After last weeks game a couple of my players were disrespectful. We do not condone their behavior and they have since been reprimanded.
2) Social media content directed towards players for this weeks opponent and previous opponent did not come from any of my players. An investigation was done and the other school involved was notified.
3) I just became aware this morning of a sign that was made on 9/14. I have never seen this sign before this morning. Again this was not from my players and I 100% am against any of this negativity. The sign was classless and distasteful and that’s not what I want representing our program.
4) Even though to my knowledge my players have not had anything to do with the above occurrences if any of my players choose to do something out of line they will be dealt with accordingly.
As far as Princeton Tiger football is concerned we are committed to holding young men accountable for their actions, building strong character and morals as we continue to build this program. I expect a good, clean football game Friday night.

This is upsetting to see kids with this kind of callousness.  I can't comprehend this, really can't.  Kids with a device,  but no advice from reputable adults.  Sad indeed.. 

Empty lives filled with stuff, but no fullness of life's meaning.  

40 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Add Mike Jones to that list as well with his torn ACL.

As I said before I know the ethics of the coach's father (or lack thereof) so it doesn't surprise me on the rest of it

Jones’s injury appeared to be in routine game action, and did not appear to be the result of foul play.

I haven't seen any film on Ike's injury. When you watch the film on Chance's injury it appears the Princeton player offered a few words after the play. I have also heard that he did in fact talk some trash afterwards. Which to me makes the intent appear to be on purpose. "Horse collar" tackles happen every Friday night and thankfully they happen without injury. There is a reason they aren't allowed and Chance is a perfect example as to why. 

With that said, when a student or group of students make statements on social media like Princeton has that takes this to a whole different level. The Graham transfer portal comment is actually pretty funny. The sign, the comment, and the picture is totally uncalled for. 

In light of the social media frenzy, I feel it is time to make a statement. PSHS administration has been investigating the poster from SnapChat about ‘crushing dreams & ankles’ and here is what the investigation has shown: This poster was made at PSHS in a classroom, the pep club sponsor saw the poster when reviewing them prior to the week 3 game, and the poster was never present at any athletic event. I did not know of a picture of this poster until Sunday night when a parent of a Graham football player emailed it to me. I have addressed my student body about appropriate sportsmanship and instructed them if they could not use appropriate cheering for our team, then they will be banned from extra curricular activities and face disciplinary consequences at school. I also am meeting with the football team after school about respecting their opponents, the game, and playing for the right reasons.

As far comments made about a play that happened last Friday, which unfortunately resulted in a serious injury to a young man, I say this: In my 4 years of high school football and 4 years of college football, I know not ONE player who purposefully injured another player. Our player made a play outside of the rules of the game and was flagged for that play. By no means was his intent to harm the other student athlete. I spoke with the principal of the other school Monday, and he too made the same sentiment about him not purposefully harming the young man.

With that all being said, at 1:35 today, I spoke with the administration at Graham High School about the game Friday night. I told them about what I have done to ensure that the students and athletes will present themselves in a manner I deem fit for the football contest tomorrow night, and if they cannot then as stated before there will be consequences. They thanked me for all I had done and told me they too would address appropriate sportsmanship with their students, athletes, and coaches.

Thank you and we hope to see you tomorrow night for good wholesome Southern WV fun under those Friday night lights!

Sincerely,

Tom Adkins
Principal
Princeton Senior High School

I guess my email exchange with Mr. Adkins this morning/afternoon had a bit of an affect...either that or the fact that I also copied the Mercer Co. School Superintendent helped.

I'm sure his phone blew up late this morning...

His last exchange with me was at 1:33 PM...he contacts Graham High School at 1:35 PM....

3 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

Does Princeton know that they aren't good enough to be saying anything?

This type of dialect will not further peaceful relations. Clearly, children have been hurt, why further hateful relationships. A peace offering should be made to forge a relationship that brings forth enduring peace and harmony!

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Jones’s injury appeared to be in routine game action, and did not appear to be the result of foul play.

Maybe on that. They were all piled together when he went down so I'm not accusing but easily could have been an extra twist in there. 

Also love how the family of the chain gang is calling out tazewell players for being dirty after the fact:

Maybe not, but a message was sent from the parents of the injured boy from the hospital that #6 better hurry up and get on the bus!!! Tazwell came out on the first play with intentions of hurting our boys! Our kids were punched, pinched, kneed after they was down, the coaches repeatedly said things to our kids, but we are the dirtiest team they ever played according to the parents. My family has run the chains for 40 years so I know what is said and done on the visitor sidelines.