Graham vs Princeton

Gridiron60

This is why Princeton is a losing football program among other issues. I recall in 2017 I believe, when during the WVSSAC football playoffs their was a possibility that Bluefield was going to have to play their game at Princeton due to Bluefield College having a scheduled game at Mitchell at the same time. Fortunately the issue was resolved and it didn't happen. I had a friend on Facebook say that Princeton almost achieved their ultimate dream of hosting a home playoff game. I thought that was funny.

9 minutes ago, rabidbeaver said:

This is why Princeton is a losing football program among other issues. I recall in 2017 I believe, when during the WVSSAC football playoffs their was a possibility that Bluefield was going to have to play their game at Princeton due to Bluefield College having a scheduled game at Mitchell at the same time. Fortunately the issue was resolved and it didn't happen. I had a friend on Facebook say that Princeton almost achieved their ultimate dream of hosting a home playoff game. I thought that was funny.

They hosted two home playoff games last year!

6 minutes ago, EH31 said:

They hosted two home playoff games last year!

My friend was making a reference that the only way Princeton can host a playoff game is when other teams use there stadium.  Princeton went 1-9 last year so they didn't make the playoffs, and on rare occasions that they do, it is always on the road due to their low seedings in the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, rabidbeaver said:

My friend was making a reference that the only way Princeton can host a playoff game is when other teams use there stadium.  Princeton went 1-9 last year so they didn't make the playoffs, and on rare occasions that they do, it is always on the road due to their low seedings in the playoffs. 

Didn't Mt. View play a game or two at Princeton last year?

1 hour ago, rabidbeaver said:

I was adding on to your joke, since Mount View played two playoff games there last year 

11 hours ago, LongTimeSWVAFan said:

This type of dialect will not further peaceful relations. Clearly, children have been hurt, why further hateful relationships. A peace offering should be made to forge a relationship that brings forth enduring peace and harmony!

How about the peace offering of you going to the chair for that stupid comment...that'll forge a relationship...

9 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Maybe on that. They were all piled together when he went down so I'm not accusing but easily could have been an extra twist in there. 

Also love how the family of the chain gang is calling out tazewell players for being dirty after the fact:

Maybe not, but a message was sent from the parents of the injured boy from the hospital that #6 better hurry up and get on the bus!!! Tazwell came out on the first play with intentions of hurting our boys! Our kids were punched, pinched, kneed after they was down, the coaches repeatedly said things to our kids, but we are the dirtiest team they ever played according to the parents. My family has run the chains for 40 years so I know what is said and done on the visitor sidelines.

That is typical Princeton...always saying the other guy started it first or was doing it too.  I've heard that shiz for years.

11 hours ago, rabidbeaver said:

Somebody remind me.  Princeton is still ineligible for the playoffs regardless of their record.  What was the reasoning for it?

41 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Somebody remind me.  Princeton is still ineligible for the playoffs regardless of their record.  What was the reasoning for it?

I believe it is because they don't play enough AAA schools.  The WVSSAC mandates that you must play at least six teams that are in the same classification or higher as you. Princeton has five AA schools on there schedule this year. The AA schools are Bluefield, Oak Hill, Tazewell,  Graham, and James Monroe. 

5 minutes ago, rabidbeaver said:

I believe it is because they don't play enough AAA schools.  The WVSSAC mandates that you must play at least six teams that are in the same classification or higher as you. Princeton has five AA schools on there schedule this year. The AA schools are Bluefield, Oak Hill, Tazewell,  Graham, and James Monroe. 

Not like they had any realistic chance anyway, but this is correct.  

EDIT: Princeton was under the understanding that Oak Hill would be in AAA at the beginning of the season, and they weren’t classified as such.  Whoopsie daisy!

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Not like they had any realistic chance anyway, but this is correct.  Princeton was under the understanding that Oak Hill would be in AAA at the beginning of the season, and they weren’t classified as such.  Oopsie...

Is it also true the reason they have a hard time picking up some local AAA teams like Beckley is because they are banned from playing teams that were in the conference that they dropped out of for five years? 

7 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Princeton only has four AAA. Nicholas County is also AA.  The ban on Princeton playing MSAC teams is over next year and they can play anyone that they want. They will be playing Woodrow Wilson for sure.

Thanks for clearing that up...I forgot about Nicholas County. 

47 minutes ago, rabidbeaver said:

Is it also true the reason they have a hard time picking up some local AAA teams like Beckley is because they are banned from playing teams that were in the conference that they dropped out of for five years? 

That was the part I was remembering, just not the details of it.  I thought that part was over though.

Princeton has had some respectable teams over the years. They have actually hosted 3 playoffs games of their own at home and are actually 2-1 in those games. They beat Morgantown in 1995 (18-0) and beat North Marion in 2002 (14-7) before losing to Parkersburg South (8-9) the following week.