Paintsville @ Union

CriticalNoise

1 minute ago, CriticalNoise said:

I know nothing about paintsville other than everyone says they are good, and are setting at a 3-2 record (which means nothing). What’s the take on this game? 

Another trap game. They spread out and throw it on quick hitches. Hazard beat them last night. But hazard has a solid program. It’ll be an interesting matchup. I’m guessing Travis will take the ball control approach like with graham. Try and keep the ball out of their playmakers hands. 

UNION...Plays lots of ground&pound football I feel all games will be close...We got alot of good team players and no big star's...But in saying that winning is winning!!!!

Whatever gets the job done.   👍💪🙌

2 hours ago, UNION#ATW said:

UNION...Plays lots of ground&pound football I feel all games will be close...We got alot of good team players and no big star's...But in saying that winning is winning!!!!

Whatever gets the job done.   👍💪🙌

I've not seen a team that reminds me of an old school LPD team until this one. They very much remind me of a Tom Turner squad. No flash just come right after you. A bust 'em in the mouth bunch and for those of us who like power football they are fun to watch (and going to be funner next year:))

2 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

This game will be a defensive battle. I'll give Union the slightest of edge though in this one. Paintsville reminds me a lot of an old James Colley Haysi team. It's crazy how similar they are.

That gives a better idea of the team they are. Nice description pal. 

I watched Paintsville and Pikeville on tv earlier in the season. Paintsville is all shotgun and likes to throw it around all over the field with a pretty simple but effective run game. They are HUGE up front but didn't look particularly athletic overall. They've got a kid at LB that's pretty good, some of those big boys play DT too. 

Paintsville/Union is a contrast in offensive styles, should be fun

26 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I think he's referring to union not Paintsville because Union sure isn't throwing it around alot.

union is throwing it enough and are capable of throwing it . we jus havent had to throw it alot but can when we need to

On 9/29/2019 at 12:18 AM, IRISH-FAN18 said:

This game will be a defensive battle. I'll give Union the slightest of edge though in this one. Paintsville reminds me a lot of an old James Colley Haysi team. It's crazy how similar they are.

That could be good or bad, most of James Colley's Haysi teams were very good football teams from what I can remember.  All I can say is Paintsville better be ready for the ground and pound game and hope they are in good condition.  If Union can control the ball, and have some long drives and come away with points, I think they wear Paintsville down and pull away late into the game.  Sure glad this thing is being played at the park, and not in Kentucky.

I went to a few games down in Breathitt Co, and BIGWINNERS was along for the ride on a couple of occasions, and it was some of the craziest stuff we had ever seen.

2 hours ago, #BBN said:

That could be good or bad, most of James Colley's Haysi teams were very good football teams from what I can remember.  All I can say is Paintsville better be ready for the ground and pound game and hope they are in good condition.  If Union can control the ball, and have some long drives and come away with points, I think they wear Paintsville down and pull away late into the game.  Sure glad this thing is being played at the park, and not in Kentucky.

I went to a few games down in Breathitt Co, and BIGWINNERS was along for the ride on a couple of occasions, and it was some of the craziest stuff we had ever seen.

Over at Breathitt we were standing at the fence and watched right in front of us as Cedric Mitchell was taken to the ground by his face mask with the official looking straight at it. He reached for his flag not once, but twice, but never threw it. That was just one of many examples of what went on. PV had a long punt return nullified by a phantom block in the back call. Robbins kept pressing the official for who did it, and finally the guy gave him a player number. Robbins thought for a couple of seconds and yelled at the ref that number ___ wasn't even in the game on that play. The ref just shrugged his shoulders. 

9 hours ago, #BBN said:

Hah yeah it was WILD over there. Referees trying to fight fans, women who had nastier mouths (and more facial hair) than me, it was a zoo the last time we were over there.

10 hours ago, #BBN said:

If the Paintsville that held Pikeville to 9 points shows up then it will be a interesting game. If not then Union should win.

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

I was told today that Paintsville's QB and best athlete was injured Friday night.

I hate to hear that for the young man and wish him a speedy recovery. 

However, I would think their 2 star linebacker and 2 star WR/DB would be their best athletes. 

Paintsville has some athletes. They like to throw it quick and get the ball to their athletes in space. The play of Union’s LBs will be key in this one for the defense. On offense it’s the same story every week. Can Paintsville handle the T and the repeated beating of the line and backs. I’ll be curious to see how Paintsville plays the T from a formation point of view.