Paintsville @ Union

CriticalNoise

2 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Union may wanna run a lot to the left Friday Paintsville has some big ole boys on the other side

They are big for a school with 242 kids. One thing that stands out to me is the number of athletic looking kids. Don't seem to be any "filler" kids. They all look like they belong where they're at. Lean, muscular, athletic. Even the big boys aren't simply big. I read this on bluegrass rivals in reference to Paintsville players...

...31-32 players, and 20+ are transfers?

You’re absolutely correct. There are more players on our roster from other systems than players that are originally from our system....

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

They are big for a school with 242 kids. One thing that stands out to me is the number of athletic looking kids. Don't seem to be any "filler" kids. They all look like they belong where they're at. Lean, muscular, athletic. Even the big boys aren't simply big. I read this on bluegrass rivals in reference to Paintsville players...

...31-32 players, and 20+ are transfers?

You’re absolutely correct. There are more players on our roster from other systems than players that are originally from our system....

They definitely can't afford many injuries but it is impressive how good they are with 30 kids

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

I was wondering letcher and apparently Hazard doesn’t.

Really?  I am almost positive when Haysi played LCC in their first year in 2005, they had visitors seats then...

Anyone know about Pikeville?  Pike County Central does not have visitors seats either.  Paintsville does.

Just now, swva_havok_fan said:

Really?  I am almost positive when Haysi played LCC in their first year in 2005, they had visitors seats then...

Anyone know about Pikeville?  Pike County Central does not have visitors seats either.  Paintsville does.

No Letcher definitely doesn't it's awful having to sit with them while cussing out the refs.

3 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Letcher stadium looks new so might be a different stadium since 2005 im not sure

6 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Letcher stadium looks new so might be a different stadium since 2005 im not sure

Looking on Google Maps, it's still in the same place.  Up on the hill across from the Walmart.  I see a dirt mound on the visitors side on the satellite.  I am almost certain that was once bleachers in that spot.

1 minute ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Looking on Google Maps, it's still in the same place.  Up on the hill across from the Walmart.  I see a dirt mound on the visitors side on the satellite.  I am almost certain that was once bleachers in that spot.

I think the road goes between football field and baseball field but definitely no visitor section

9 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

@redtiger may be able to confirm also.  I know for a fact that I was on the visitors side for that game in 2005.  I might not have been sitting, but I was definitely at the least standing on that side in 05.  Lol

They played at the old Whitesburg stadium until the new one was built. There are no visitors bleachers there now. I was just there this summer taking pictures.

https://www.scbarchitects.com/projects/letcher-county-high-school-athletic-complex/

Paintsville is lots of passing . My thoughts are that Union force a lot of 3 and outs and ground and pound the ball forcing Paintsville defense to be on the field a lot.Wear them down. I think Union wins this one 42 to 28.. Paintsville has the refs on their side. Union needs to protect the ball . 

1 hour ago, Hokie777 said:

Paintsville is lots of passing . My thoughts are that Union force a lot of 3 and outs and ground and pound the ball forcing Paintsville defense to be on the field a lot.Wear them down. I think Union wins this one 42 to 28.. Paintsville has the refs on their side. Union needs to protect the ball . 

It's been played in BSG, I'll be super confused if Paintsville gets home cooking, KY style, there. lol

Back in 05 they had the small mobile bleachers on the visitors side, its my understanding that those have since been done away with and everyone sits in the main stands. 

I don't think Letcher Central ever played anywhere but where they play now. 

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

Back in 05 they had the small mobile bleachers on the visitors side, its my understanding that those have since been done away with and everyone sits in the main stands. 

I don't think Letcher Central ever played anywhere but where they play now. 

Bingo!  That's what I was thinking... I knew they had seats over there that year.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, goose111874 said:

No Letcher definitely doesn't it's awful having to sit with them while cussing out the refs.

Pretty sure you look right into the setting sun for a bit too

13 hours ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

East Ridge & Belfry both has visitor bleachers. Phelps just built a super nice athletic complex with a football & baseball field but no visitor side.

I forgot all about East Ridge.  That was one of the few games my brother got to play in 2004 for Haysi.  I think I remember them having a fairly nice facility for a smaller school.

1 hour ago, Plywood_King said:

Well, the million dollar question isn't whether or not they have away bleachers, but whether or not they have a PA to play gratuitous amounts of Tyler Childers music all night.

now this is the content i frequent this site for 

11 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I forgot all about East Ridge.  That was one of the few games my brother got to play in 2004 for Haysi.  I think I remember them having a fairly nice facility for a smaller school.

East Ridge is super nice. One of the best facilities in Eastern KY. Too bad the football team is pretty bad. More of a Basketball school. Lol