Paintsville @ Union

CriticalNoise

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I have to admit I'm really excited to play Paintsville. Love playing a never before seen opponent and watching how they respond to the atmosphere. Going to be a tough opponent and a great game. 

I hope they are on the field when the team show up at The Park!  

As for the 730 kickoff. It kinda chaps my butt. We go to Ky and go by their time. Seems they would do the same. Oh well though. No biggie I guess. 

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

There's no such thing 

As a musician who was a big fan of his long before it was cool, yes, there is. White House Road is quickly becoming Wagon Wheel for folks playing country music and taking requests in bars.

1 hour ago, Plywood_King said:

As a musician who was a big fan of his long before it was cool, yes, there is. White House Road is quickly becoming Wagon Wheel for folks playing country music and taking requests in bars.

Lol,so many comments about the nasty genre known as "country"..it's as bad as the " vulgar music" referred to by others. I had to chime in Stick..lol..

15 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I have to admit I'm really excited to play Paintsville. Love playing a never before seen opponent and watching how they respond to the atmosphere. Going to be a tough opponent and a great game. 

Saw ole Allen Gregory picked 28-7 Union in the paper today.  Hope the Bears don't see that and think they're going to have an easy time out of it tonight.  I can guarantee you that the score won't be that lopsided.  I do believe Da Bears get the dub though.

54 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Saw ole Allen Gregory picked 28-7 Union in the paper today.  Hope the Bears don't see that and think they're going to have an easy time out of it tonight.  I can guarantee you that the score won't be that lopsided.  I do believe Da Bears get the dub though.

Listening to Coach Turner on the U Radio interview, it's apparent he's taking this game very seriously. I hope that trickles down to the players and I think it will. Will definitely NOT be a walk in the park. No pun intended. haha

18 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

And on another note, after seeing 7pm start time on every post all week long, now seeing 7:30 start time on posts in the last couple of hours.

I like the 7:30 starts better anyway, better atmosphere at night.

25 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I like the 7:30 starts better anyway, better atmosphere at night.

I can't argue that, and I think the entrance is more dramatic after the sun goes down. I do like the 7 pm start for one reason, I'm old and like to go to bed early. haha

14 hours ago, LongTimeSWVAFan said:

I love Toby Keith and Montgomery Gentry. They sing about our great nation and rural way of life. We could use more of that at our games and less vulgar music that is poisoning the youthful mind!

When I used to get ready to play, this was on repeat for me, good wholesome tune!

fingerbang.jpg

29 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

When I used to get ready to play, this was on repeat for me, good wholesome tune!

fingerbang.jpg

Sir, this is repulsive. I couldn’t be more disappointed in you, this cartoon and your posting of it on a family message board. How does this promote harmony? You, someone I consider a friend has violated the trust of this community. 

This is degrading and I expect you to issue a complete and full apology. We would not stand for this type of behavior when I was in school. This younger generation proves it has no respect for others or themselves.

On 10/2/2019 at 1:16 AM, BigWinners said:

It's been played in BSG, I'll be super confused if Paintsville gets home cooking, KY style, there. lol

Looks like Paintsville brought the refs with them!

28 minutes ago, Hokie777 said:

Looks like Paintsville brought the refs with them!

Nah, maybe one call was iffy and they missed a huge call on third down when the QB was across the LOS, but Union consistently shot themselves in the foot. 

If Union can't clean up the personal fouls and extra curricular stuff on defense, they are gonna keep having these issues. Three Tiger drives extended by silly penalties, two led to TDs and the third looked like a Paintsville TD until they fumbled. One call was extremely iffy, an unsportsmanlike call on a DB who clapped, but the others were cut and dry. I don't understand it, if this was the first time it would be one thing but it's been an issue for the season. A call last week extended a GC TD drive and tonight they were just killers. I question a few coaching things, schematic wise, but it was mental mistakes that cost the Bears tonight and Paintsville made them pay.

Union had their chances, but Paintsville was a very good team and you don't beat good teams making so many mistakes. Tigers were huge up front, especially on defense, having three kids likely over three bills and they had explosive athletes at the skill positions. But Union was able to move the ball, just couldn't finish and couldn't get off the field on defense.

And a very, very tough injury tonight. One of my absolute favorite players to watch, he is the epitome of a football player and he will be sorely missed. 

Paintsville was as good as advertised. Only 32 players, but 32 FOOTBALL players. When you see a 300 lb DT making tackles along the LOS on the opposite side he's lined up on, you know they're for real.

Got beat fair and square. HAVE to get the ridiculous personal fouls under control. 

22 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

You got me there