Bluefield -Richlands

ojrussell

From the NFHS 2017 rules book.....

Rule Change

POP-UP KICK RULES 2-24-10 (NEW); 6-1-11 (NEW); 6-1 PENALTY (NEW)

A pop-up kick is a free kick in which the kicker drives the ball immediately to the ground, the ball strikes the ground once and goes into the air in the manner of a ball kicked directly off the tee. Such kicks will be penalized as a dead-ball foul.

On 9/29/2019 at 12:11 AM, FootballFan67 said:

With all due respect, it’s ridiculous to compare 2003 to Friday night’s game. In 2003 the game was won and refs determined the outcome. There was one questionable call in my opinion Friday night. Bluefield had two TDS called back: two sloppy plays that allowed Richlands to score. If not for those missteps, the outcome would have been even more lopsided. Richlands played hard but they weren’t beating Bluefield this year, period. Anyone blaming the loss on refs didn’t watch the same game I did. Bluefield is strong, fast, talent all over the field. Richlands has talent in Webb and Forest. Simmons is decent at QB. They should have a good season when it’s said & done and make playoffs.  If Bluefield had everyone in & healthy it would have been a more embarrassing loss than the regular season game with Graham last year. I’m not throwing any shade at Richlands , they always play hard and are well coached. I’m just looking at the entire picture realistically. 2003 is nowhere near 9/27/19. 

I was not comparing this  year's game to 2003.I was making reference to the action Richlands and others did after being screwed in Bluefield.
Hopefully  , Richlands and enuff others drop them so that they have to go back to Charolette for the usual butt kicking !

19 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Since the Richlands/Bluefield series was renewed back in 07, it's 6-3 Bluefield. That's not as lopsided as some of y'all make the series out to be.

Pretty much h the same as Graham W -L %wise.