Radford @ Richlands

Team

1972 state title as the Bobcats wiped out Richlands (62-0) Beamer was an assistant at Radford and I think this is the only time these two schools have faced off until now.   Hopefully it won't be as lop-sided this time.   Radford 42  Richlands 18  

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/high_schools/radford-to-welcome-state-champions-back-for-reunion/article_c3138ba4-b3d2-516b-a134-d38f48fce378.html

Biggest game of the season for Richlands. Richlands will be favored in 4 of their last 5 games. Get this W on home turf and 6-4 is a very good possibility. That’s 4ish seed territory with our schedule. And if you steal one from a Graham at home, could be a 3 seed. 

Beating Radford at home is a MUST if the Blues want a chance at a home playoff game. 

Gonna be a great game. 

3 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Richlands wins , no upset in my mind , just some good football

Have you seen Radford play?? I havnt watched Richlands but Radford is  legit and if Richlands gets the win it’s a HUGE upset and Richlands straight up out coached a very talented Radford team. I am sure this may piss a few of you off but this has the potential to get ugly but that running back for Radford is hard to tackle and even though Mance does a great job taking away what you do best sometimes talent wins out 

Wrote this earlier in week one and will stick with it. I think Richland's beats Radford. Region D might.........(might) have 4 of the top 6 or 7 (2A schools) in the state this year.  I think Richlands sends the Bobcats home with a loss. This is a game where Richlands can have success throwing. Radford does NOT have the speed in the secondary that Union, Graham, or Bluefield has. The front 7 of Radford will be as good or better then any team Richland's has faced including Bluefield, but they can be exposed in their pass defense.

I also don't think it's a huge upset. It would be an upset, but not huge at all in my opinion.

53 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I like our chances at home against a Radford team without PJ or Marshall. Mance will figure out a way to stop Cox. 

It will take 2 “men” to slow down Cox. He was impressive when I watched him. The Green kid is a handful too. Only way Radford loses this game is because they tire out. 27 - 20 Bobcats 

The Blues have no fear of Radford, and I assure you of that. Radford is a good program and they were solid last year and are better this year. Richlands has been very dang good for 15-20 years, and these kids will not be the least bit intimidated by Radford (who hasn't won a title since Alderman and those great teams in the 70s) and Radford got absolutely "outside WaffleHouse-curbed stomped" less than 10 months ago on their home field to Graham.

Radford is a great team this year, but guys come on, this isn't Salem or Lord Botty or Heritage coming to town. It's still Radford.

1 hour ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

The Blues have no fear of Radford, and I assure you of that. Radford is a good program and they were solid last year and are better this year. Richlands has been very dang good for 15-20 years, and these kids will not be the least bit intimidated by Radford (who hasn't won a title since Alderman and those great teams in the 70s) and Radford got absolutely "outside WaffleHouse-curbed stomped" less than 10 months ago on their home field to Graham.

Radford is a great team this year, but guys come on, this isn't Salem or Lord Botty or Heritage coming to town. It's still Radford.

2 things...Radford isn't better this year than last with PJ and Marshall out IMO...and didn't Graham beat down Radford last year at Salem stadium and not on Radford home field? Correct me if I'm wrong on #2 cause I could be since I wasn't at the game

13 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Biggest game of the season for Richlands. Richlands will be favored in 4 of their last 5 games. Get this W on home turf and 6-4 is a very good possibility. That’s 4ish seed territory with our schedule. And if you steal one from a Graham at home, could be a 3 seed. 

Beating Radford at home is a MUST if the Blues want a chance at a home playoff game. 

Gonna be a great game. 

Don’t think Richlands steals one from Graham, though!  Think their tough schedule will help them come playoff time.

4 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

Don’t think Richlands steals one from Graham, though!  Think their tough schedule will help them come playoff time.

That’s why I said if lol. Graham will be favored and rightfully so. But any given night and all those cliches. 

Richlands can best Graham. All four, Ridgeview, Union, Grsham, and 

57 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

2 things...Radford isn't better this year than last with PJ and Marshall out IMO...and didn't Graham beat down Radford last year at Salem stadium and not on Radford home field? Correct me if I'm wrong on #2 cause I could be since I wasn't at the game

Radford is far better this year on my opinion, even without Marshall and PJ. They are substantially better on the line and the QB has dramatically improved. The game last year was at Salem, but it didn't matter or wouldn't have mattered where. Radford was considered the home team anyway.

58 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

You are correct Sir. The game got moved because Radford field was a mess due to weather.  Also replying to Graham curb stomping Radford last year.i I just don't think those results  translate all the time to the next year.  if we are using that as a basis for this year then we could say that Richlands struggled with a "Meh not so great" Grayson county team last year in playoffs as well 10-0. 

Not saying Richlands won't beat them,  I think that they will. Just pointing out alot happens In a years time. Wish the game was closer, it should be a good game. 

2 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Richlands can best Graham. All four, Ridgeview, Union, Grsham, and 

Radford is far better this year on my opinion, even without Marshall and PJ. They are substantially better on the line and the QB has dramatically improved. The game last year was at Salem, but it didn't matter or wouldn't have mattered where. Radford was considered the home team anyway.

I respect your opinion on Radford just don't agree with it

Haven't seen Richlands but I have seen Radford.  For a top rated 2A, I wasn't terribly impressed.  They have a few quick shifty guys that when they use them and get them the ball in space can be an issue.  Cox is as advertised.  Green is what he is.  The effort isn't consistant every play but when it is, he's another issue to deal with.  QB is athletic but has a Bernie Kosar sidearm delivery and if you make him pass from the pocket, can throw some tipped balls.  I'll take Richlands by 7.

20 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Have you seen Radford play?? I havnt watched Richlands but Radford is  legit and if Richlands gets the win it’s a HUGE upset and Richlands straight up out coached a very talented Radford team. I am sure this may piss a few of you off but this has the potential to get ugly but that running back for Radford is hard to tackle and even though Mance does a great job taking away what you do best sometimes talent wins out 

No I haven’t, but I know the Blues, they play their best ball against better teams, just look at last week, and Union. Don’t know anything about Redford , just going on whet I know and they can out coach many many teams

The Blues are a better team than there record shows...now that they are putting points on the board they can be a dangerous team for anybody to play....it just took em 2 weeks to get sum points going..i know they scored against Gate City...but if those 2 was to play again this Friday I think it would be a different outcome from the first meeting...