Gc. Vs gw

who?

Thoughts?   Can devils get back in win column.  Is housright still coach of the year?What the injury situation.    Where are all the gc fans?   After week one they were all over this board but lately we have not heard much from them.  

GW has speed all over the place if GC can win the battle up front they have a great chance and they have to dominate the time of possession. A track meet is not good news for GC with this GW team but a 3 yards and a cloud of dust slug fest does. Slow the game down and there is a good chance GC has something to raise hell on this board about

On 9/28/2019 at 9:46 PM, who? said:

Thoughts?   Can devils get back in win column.  Is housright still coach of the year?What the injury situation.    Where are all the gc fans?   After week one they were all over this board but lately we have not heard much from them.  

Gate City fans may not be on the board but they had a nice crowd last week at Union.

I think GC wins this one. Watching film from both of these teams I'll give the edge to GC. If I'm a GW coach after watching film he needs to be charging a couple of his starters an admission fee for the game. One LB in particular literally watches numerous plays and takes himself out of the play. The GC kids seem to be working hard and buying into the program. Gate City 24 GW 17

If GC could go up there and get the win, that would be huge towards making a playoff run.  After this week they have a much easier schedule but no guarantees.  They’ll have Marion, Lee, Battle and Wise Central left and 3 of those are at home.  Hopefully the injured GC players are healthy this week.

Maybe GC would greatly improve their team by putting current QB at running back. The kid was a outstanding running back last year for GC.  The QB from last year is on the team also playing TE.  The current QB had over 700 yards rushing in only 6+ games.  last year.  The QB from last year can handle handed the ball off and even provide some passing game.  Not a smart move to move one of the district best players in a role to only be a small role player.  Also,  a current RB would be much better suited for OG.  Who is the HEAD coach at GC?

35 minutes ago, October88 said:

Maybe GC would greatly improve their team by putting current QB at running back. The kid was a outstanding running back last year for GC.  The QB from last year is on the team also playing TE.  The current QB had over 700 yards rushing in only 6+ games.  last year.  The QB from last year can handle handed the ball off and even provide some passing game.  Not a smart move to move one of the district best players in a role to only be a small role player.  Also,  a current RB would be much better suited for OG.  Who is the HEAD coach at GC?

If you seriously don't know who the "HEAD" coach of GC is then you obviously have no reason to question why there was a change at QB. I only saw 2 GC games last year, and didn't have to question that decision.

Moving said rb from the line back to fullback was the best decision Jeremy has made. No way he needs to be at OG. Jeremy has my full support in anything he does. As does most GC fans. It's a long way back to being the GC of old and will not happen over night. But I believe it will happen in the future. It just takes time. 

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Moving said rb from the line back to fullback was the best decision Jeremy has made. No way he needs to be at OG. Jeremy has my full support in anything he does. As does most GC fans. It's a long way back to being the GC of old and will not happen over night. But I believe it will happen in the future. It just takes time. 

Wow someone supporting a coach and understanding that it takes time I didn’t know these people existed any more. Good for you sir

Jeremy is the head coach of gc, that is OBVIOUS.  May need to know a little about the real ins and outs of football before being critical of someone Union_Fan.  You know the pistol,wing t, single wing,shot gun empty, shot gun 2 back-1back, t, wishbone, west coast , split veer, pro, and run -shoot formations? Or how to defend any of these formations. It is easy to run to big stone (U) if you can not get your way at another school!!  As for gc, don't think Jeremy makes too many decisions. Time will tell (sooner rather than later) if he is turning gc around. Have to have players returning next  year to replace what leaves or chooses not to play. My point was maybe it is best to utilize your talent on hand and not make the talent form to a coaches comfort level. 

2 hours ago, October88 said:

Jeremy is the head coach of gc, that is OBVIOUS.  May need to know a little about the real ins and outs of football before being critical of someone Union_Fan.  You know the pistol,wing t, single wing,shot gun empty, shot gun 2 back-1back, t, wishbone, west coast , split veer, pro, and run -shoot formations? Or how to defend any of these formations. It is easy to run to big stone (U) if you can not get your way at another school!!  As for gc, don't think Jeremy makes too many decisions. Time will tell (sooner rather than later) if he is turning gc around. Have to have players returning next  year to replace what leaves or chooses not to play. My point was maybe it is best to utilize your talent on hand and not make the talent form to a coaches comfort level. 

You asked the question, rhetorical as it may be. And as for who is "really" making the decisions at GC, does it matter? It's OBVIOUS that they are making good ones. And if you are inferring that I'm either of the 2 former Scott Co coaches that are now at Union, you are waaaaaaay off. LOL

I guess winning 1 game is a big improvement.   At least gc was close in games last year.  With the majority of players a year older 1 win is a major improvement with such wonderful coaching.   Gc people should not be so easily pleased . By the way, I was not referring to you as a ex scott county coach.  Guess it is a connecting county to wise!! What about the knowledge of offensive and defensive formations? Also, since people on this site seem to think moving a certain og to rb is a great coaching move what about breaking a few runs only to be run down.  Then needing to come out and rest. This tactic may keep games close for a few quarters before other team pulls away..  Put a runner in back field that can score on any carry !! Which that leads back to my original post....😁😁

4 hours ago, October88 said:

Lol you're a dork. Union_Fan and I arent big buddies or anything, I don't feel the need to get his back at all, but you're a dweeb.

35 minutes ago, October88 said:

I guess winning 1 game is a big improvement.   At least gc was close in games last year.  With the majority of players a year older 1 win is a major improvement with such wonderful coaching.   Gc people should not be so easily pleased . By the way, I was not referring to you as a ex scott county coach.  Guess it is a connecting county to wise!! What about the knowledge of offensive and defensive formations? Also, since people on this site seem to think moving a certain og to rb is a great coaching move what about breaking a few runs only to be run down.  Then needing to come out and rest. This tactic may keep games close for a few quarters before other team pulls away..  Put a runner in back field that can score on any carry !! Which that leads back to my original post....😁😁

You are a IDIOT if you think gc was better last year 😂😂 

15 minutes ago, Bullybob12 said:

You are a IDIOT if you think gc was better last year 😂😂 

GC is considerably better this year than last. Last year their kids weren't even remotely in position to make plays. They play much harder this year as well. Anyone who can't see that hasn't seen the football since kickoff-may even be at the wrong stadium.

Nobody from GC is satisfied with 1 win this year but the fact that who that 1 win was over and how GC has competed in most of the games thus far is reason to be excited.  The reason the kid you seem to have a problem with has to come out for a break is he plays the whole game.  They have no depth which is a sign of the struggles they will have next year.  Go back to the Richlands game and tell me who’s hands the ball was in the 4th quarter.  First down after first down and about 8 minutes later, TD.  That ended up being the game winner before the comeback Richlands made and GC picked off the pass.  The qb has had opportunities to run the ball.  GC has threats with Jenkins on the outside and Calhoun on the inside.  They ALL are playing where they should and it shows with the competitiveness on the field.  Just my opinion.

Will they be better next year. ?There seems to be a lot of improvement from last year to this.   Will we see that improvement from this year to next?   As of now they still only got 1 win.  They will beat battle and lee.  Probably wise.   4-6.    Not bad for the shape they have been in.    I believe the change in the school board has helped and will only get better