Gc. Vs gw

who?

1 hour ago, GDUB said:

GW going to spank that tail tonight!!!! GW going to run tempo all night and wear those big lineman out will be playing our second and third string by mid 3rd quarter. 54-21 GW  give me 2 claps and a Ric Flair!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Apollo Creed was confident too.

2 hours ago, GDUB said:

GW going to spank that tail tonight!!!! GW going to run tempo all night and wear those big lineman out will be playing our second and third string by mid 3rd quarter. 54-21 GW  give me 2 claps and a Ric Flair!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

GW does not run a tempo offense....

and with 30 ish players and no jv team there is no 3rd string

2 hours ago, GDUB said:

VaPreps is calling... they want your ridiculous takes back over there.

Was really worried about this game.

Nothing but respect for Gate City players, fans, and program altogether. Kids played hard to the end, and the fans cheered the whole way thru. Even the band kept playing long after the final whistle. You guys have always been the gold standard of what SWVA football is all about. 

Best of luck going forward! I'll definitely be cheering for you guys. 

53 minutes ago, Topper24 said:

After hearing about GC  beating Richlands, I was not expecting this win so easily. GW moved the ball at will most of the night. 

I think if Richlands played GC now, Richlands wins by 3-4 TD’s. First game of the year with a new QB and rotating QB’s and GC with the new coach hype equaled an inspired GC team punching above its weight. 

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think if Richlands played GC now, Richlands wins by 3-4 TD’s. First game of the year with a new QB and rotating QB’s and GC with the new coach hype equaled an inspired GC team punching above its weight. 

^This. Couple it with the fact that GW probably has the best team that no one is talking about, and this score doesn't surprise me much. I don't think GC is bad, but they may be a victim of early season knee-jerk hype.

8 hours ago, Topper24 said:

After hearing about GC  beating Richlands, I was not expecting this win so easily. GW moved the ball at will most of the night. 

GC played a near perfect game against Richlands. The next week played a pretty good game against Abingdon. Then came South and the dam broke. Nothing but mistakes. Turnovers and penalties have been the norm since playing South. They put together a decent 2nd half against Union. When they play mistake free they can play with most anyone on their schedule. Defense hasn't been any good all season. The type of offense they run will put them far behind with turnovers and penalties. Those mistakes need to be addressed. 

1 hour ago, who? said:

Bring Akers back?

I'll go ahead and say it. Akers was never given full control of the team.  I know it's not a popular belief but it is true. He would make decisions only to be told by a couple higher ups it would not happen. I saw some of it first hand. I'm really hoping it don't happen with Jeremy. All I do know now is it will take time. 

13 hours ago, Jason said:

I'll go ahead and say it. Akers was never given full control of the team.  I know it's not a popular belief but it is true. He would make decisions only to be told by a couple higher ups it would not happen. I saw some of it first hand. I'm really hoping it don't happen with Jeremy. All I do know now is it will take time. 

The man did his best & moved on. I’m sorry as can be for getting on here & running him down - it didn’t do anything but make me look like a fool. Only time the man’s name should be mentioned is to wish him well at his new job.

I don’t speak for anyone but myself, but I’m thankful for EVERY coach at GC, from LL to varsity. We’re damned lucky to have who we have. 

2 hours ago, Grapeape said:

The man did his best & moved on. I’m sorry as can be for getting on here & running him down - it didn’t do anything but make me look like a fool. Only time the man’s name should be mentioned is to wish him well at his new job.

I don’t speak for anyone but myself, but I’m thankful for EVERY coach at GC, from LL to varsity. We’re damned lucky to have who we have. 

I

That's a great post. I gave you a lot of shit but that's a good post.