5. (2-2) Graham 62 15.50000
6. (2-2) Marion 61 15.250
7. (1-3) Richlands 51 12.750
8. (1-4) Gate City 63 12.60000
9. (1-4) John Battle 56 11.20000
10. (0-4) Lee 41 10.250
11. (0-4) Virginia 39 9.75000
12. (0-4) Lebanon 35 8.750

Stupid Letcher never gives Union jack shit. Find another game. I'd rather play Eastside. 

Wise has helped RV so far, but that will even out later in year. Graham is a huge W for Union assuming they go 8-2, but Shelby Valley will win a bunch too for RV. Oct. 11th will decide top seed in Region D. I don't think a 9-1 Union or RV or 8-2 Graham could out point a 9-1 M7 winner. Both M7 teams have very tough OOC games against KY schools, if one team wins and the other loses, the head to head may not be the final determination. I dunno tho, still long ways to go. 

If Wise goes 7-3 or 8-2, could they host a playoff game? Seems like it. I dunno their schedule, unless they play Graham too I'd say Wise could be favored in every game left sans Union.

13 minutes ago, LongTimeSWVAFan said:

Looks like Wise Central's problem is their schedule. They may have the weakest non district schedule of any AA school in the state.

Not sure there schedule is a problem they are ahead of all 2 loss teams and within 1 point of the other 3 1 team if central can finish 8 2 on the year they will host a playoff game

2 hours ago, Counts said:

Not sure there schedule is a problem they are ahead of all 2 loss teams and within 1 point of the other 3 1 team if central can finish 8 2 on the year they will host a playoff game

It's the half way point of the season and they are only five points ahead of Graham who has two losses. Not a good sign an 8-2 Central team would not outpoint an 8-2 Graham or an 8-2 Tazewell team leaving them fifth and that's a direct result of a weak schedule.

25 minutes ago, LongTimeSWVAFan said:

It's the half way point of the season and they are only five points ahead of Graham who has two losses. Not a good sign an 8-2 Central team would not outpoint an 8-2 Graham or an 8-2 Tazewell team leaving them fifth and that's a direct result of a weak schedule.

I just don't see Central finishing 8-2. Too many injuries.

4 hours ago, LongTimeSWVAFan said:

I'm not positive 8-2 Central wouldn't our point 8-2 Graham. For Wise to go 8-2, they'd have to win out and beat either 3A Abingdon this week or Union in a couple weeks. Either win is a good sized points boost. Their OOC slate isn't good but the M7 is, and if they go 4-2 in M7 play, that's good points. I know Graham still has Richlands and Tazwell, but they also have VHS and Lebanon (I believe Lebanon, could be wrong), who will provide next to nothing. 

Battle and Lee will eventually win a game or two, and GC will notch some wins as well (over aforementioned Lee and Battle) so if Wise beats GC and one of AHS/UHS, they'd be in a decent spot.

4 hours ago, Bulldog05 said:

I hope the dawgs can still pull off a playoff game and somehow beat Richlands! Also I hope UVA smokes VT!! It’ll be crazy if both wins streaks fall the same year!!

They should make playoffs without any trouble barring a complete meltdown and other teams catching fire

Good shot at beating Richlands but must work on new offense this week and next to be able to achieve

Of all the games for Tech to lose that would be the worst loss because UVA fans will never let it go.  Hopefully some miracle happens there and VT finds a way to keep that streak alive

24 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

They should make playoffs without any trouble barring a complete meltdown and other teams catching fire

Good shot at beating Richlands but must work on new offense this week and next to be able to achieve

Of all the games for Tech to lose that would be the worst loss because UVA fans will never let it go.  Hopefully some miracle happens there and VT finds a way to keep that streak alive

Unfortunately I don't see Tazewell beating Richlands this year. With Harris and Jones out it's going to be hard to get much offense going. 

52 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Unfortunately I don't see Tazewell beating Richlands this year. With Harris and Jones out it's going to be hard to get much offense going. 

They are capable to doing it, it’s just like @stu_bean said, they are going to have to get something going on offense without them. We still have the talent and kids to do it. It’s just will the coaches put the talent where it is needed? Our defense is on fire this year, and Harris and Jones getting put out against Princeton didn’t hurt them any on the defensive side of the game. And didn’t seem to hurt as bad as I thought on offense. Princeton just had a solid Defensive game as did Tazewell. That’s why the score was as low as it was because the defense on both sides really showed up to play some ball. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Can't have that mindset going into the game.  Can lick you wounds and go into hiding or go in fired up.  We saw which option they chose at Princeton!