Union Bears

ojrussell

Here’s the thing, I remember when Tazewell use to get cheated every other year when we went to Richlands and played there. But none of them will talk about that😂 I hold nothing against Richlands. I just like watching all the Richlands folks talk crap about something when they used to be the same way. 

can you give an example of how they were cheated and what years because I can only remember one time since forever that the dogs have been competitive. That was the year they should have went for two in the playoffs against Richlands. All of the other games in recent memory have been blowouts.

On 9/30/2019 at 12:46 AM, BigWinners said:

Ever seen the coaches go out with the captain's for the coin toss? I hadnt, before Union played over there this year.

I believe that is a common mechanic in KY and has been for awhile for the coin toss at games.

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I must have missed it the last time I was over there. Why do the coaches go out? 

No clue, but I think it has been that way for a while.  I believe I remember it taking place when RC visited Harlan in the past.

5 hours ago, Harlan county fan said:

Harlan county and Union should try to get a home and home series going. I think it would be a good game. You guys drop Letcher central and play Harlan county it would be a better game for the Union bears.

Can we bring our own refs? Haha

6 hours ago, Harlan county fan said:

Harlan county and Union should try to get a home and home series going. I think it would be a good game. You guys drop Letcher central and play Harlan county it would be a better game for the Union bears.

Several years ago Powell Valley played Harlan, we got thumped pretty good, but with almost 1200 kids thats what should have happened .We are still about half your size but maybe we could give you a better game

1 hour ago, Harlan county fan said:

You can't compare Letcher county refs with the rest of Kentucky they are a breed of there own. Homecooking is one thing but flat out rape is another and that is what you get when you play at Letcher lol.

I beg to differ... the refs at Pike Central last year were abysmal as well.  Which is all the more concerning when we travel to Pikeville in 4 weeks.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:55 AM, Bulldog05 said:

Here’s the thing, I remember when Tazewell use to get cheated every other year when we went to Richlands and played there. But none of them will talk about that😂 I hold nothing against Richlands. I just like watching all the Richlands folks talk crap about something when they used to be the same way. 

Can't include all Richlands Fans.  Some of us old school guys know that bad calls happen in every game, and in all seriousness, penalties could be called a lot more and most would blame the ref.  Yes, a couple of the calls in the Bluefield and Richlands game were questionable, but as a Richlands fann, the Beavers were the better team and deserved to win the game.  I'm glad the Blues played respectable, but the ref's (bad calls and all) did not decide the outcome of the game.

3 hours ago, Harlan county fan said:

You can't compare Letcher county refs with the rest of Kentucky they are a breed of there own. Homecooking is one thing but flat out rape is another and that is what you get when you play at Letcher lol.

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I beg to differ... the refs at Pike Central last year were abysmal as well.  Which is all the more concerning when we travel to Pikeville in 4 weeks.

In 2013, at Middlesboro, #58, would go to the ref, point to the Union tackle, make the holding signal, and the ref would then throw a flag. This happened every time Union got a long play or crucial 1st down conversion AFTER the play was over.  This in addition to the other crazy flags that game. Definitely not isolated to letcher.

Edited by Union_Fan

Harlan independent had a hard time seeing the white hats signals to start the clock when behind. But, that eyesight magically improved once the lead changed hands. White hat looked like he was taking off once or twice at the end of that game.

In basketball I will take seky refs over tssaa in football I'll reverse that.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:55 AM, Bulldog05 said:

What year was that? Get out of the 80s man. 

On 10/3/2019 at 11:47 AM, Union_Fan said:

In 2013, at Middlesboro, #58, would go to the ref, point to the Union tackle, make the holding signal, and the ref would then throw a flag. This happened every time Union got a long play or crucial 1st down conversion AFTER the play was over.  This in addition to the other crazy flags that game. Definitely not isolated to letcher.

Not to mention on  the punt or kickoff when we tackled the Middleboro player at the 1 and they called three personal fouls on us and then gave them the ball at midfield with zero explanation.

19 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Not to mention on  the punt or kickoff when we tackled the Middleboro player at the 1 and they called three personal fouls on us and then gave them the ball at midfield with zero explanation.

Yep. I remember Travis' quote in the paper about that. From the Coalfieldprogress...“Those two personal fouls changed field position dramatically, but they never could tell us who it was or what happened,”