Backyard Brawl 2019 Edition

Ryan4VT

Richlands is 2-3 against the toughest 4 game streak in the state. 

Tazewell is 4-1, which is impressive given the injures. 

Jordan was ejected against Honaker so he won’t be available for the Dawgs unless an appeal is won. 

Gonna be packed at Bulldogs Stadium. 

I wish Tazewell was healthy and had all their players. I felt like this was their best chance of beating Richlands in a long time. I really don't see it happening without Chance Harris and especially if Jordan is out too. It's football, anything can happen. I'm really proud of the Bulldogs! 

9 minutes ago, Bulldog05 said:

I honestly think this is gonna be closer than everyone thinks. Tazewell let some new talent loose and they are really shinning. Even after JoJo got ejected it didn’t seem to hurt much. GO DAWGS!

I don’t know how to look at it. On one hand, they’re 4-1 with the injuries and that’s also impressively. 

BUT, who have they really played? Graham was the best team, and they proved it. VHS is 0-5. Princeton is 1-4. Mt. View is 2-3. Honaker is 3-2 but those 3 wins aren’t really impressive. 

Not sure if it’s a record built on a house of cards or if it’s just a good team beating the teams they should. 

Looking forward to Friday for sure.  

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

I don’t know how to look at it. On one hand, they’re 4-1 with the injuries and that’s also impressively. 

BUT, who have they really played? Graham was the best team, and they proved it. VHS is 0-5. Princeton is 1-4. Mt. View is 2-3. Honaker is 3-2 but those 3 wins aren’t really impressive. 

Not sure if it’s a record built on a house of cards or if it’s just a good team beating the teams they should. 

Looking forward to Friday for sure.  

I honestly agree. But in my aspect these boys have came a long way from what they were. These group of guys are the same group of guys that held them to 7 until the 4th. The only difference is they are older and smarter. I believe it’s gonna be a well played game by both teams. Regardless of the outcome I just hope for the safety of both teams, and a good clean game. 

54 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I believe if they appeal, they will win. The refs let both boys stay on the sidelines!

I agree. I don’t think they would of let them sit the sidelines if they were gonna make much out of it. But I’ve been wrong before. 

9 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I believe if they appeal, they will win. The refs let both boys stay on the sidelines!

8 hours ago, Bulldog05 said:

I agree. I don’t think they would of let them sit the sidelines if they were gonna make much out of it. But I’ve been wrong before. 

An ejected player does not have to leave the sidelines after the ejection. 

I’m sure an appeal will be made. But I doubt it will be overturned. They rarely go against the refs decision, especially if there’s video evidence of the 2nd flag. 

30 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

An ejected player does not have to leave the sidelines after the ejection. 

I’m sure an appeal will be made. But I doubt it will be overturned. They rarely go against the refs decision, especially if there’s video evidence of the 2nd flag. 

I would love to see the video evidence just for the simple fact that we have no clue what happened

There was invisible flag last night. The refs were horrible. They didnt know what they was doing half the time. On play that they eject jojo. I didnt see anything on what he did. I'm still confused. On a fumble from honaker the boy was still moving. I seen ball hit the ground. It was clear recover by tazewell. But ref on side act like he didnt see it. But still honaker ball. I'm still confused on most of calls last night. 

48 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I would love to see the video evidence just for the simple fact that we have no clue what happened

According to my source, which I’d trust with my life, he grabbed a Honaker player by the helmet and threw him to the ground. 

You never know when these two teams get together on the field.  Against Radford the Blues had the swagger of the great teams that have came out of Richlands.   Simmons and Steel and Webb looked like the three headed monsters of the old days.  The defence needs a little more fine tuning,  but won the battle against Radford.  My Hat is off to Coach Mance and the rest of his coaching staff for a great job.  Richlands 38   Tazewell 17.   Go Tazewell County!!!  Great job Tazewell and Graham last night!

Just now, Ryan4VT said:

According to my source, which I’d trust with my life, he grabbed a Honaker player by the helmet and threw him to the ground. 

Well your life is in jeopardy! Because both players that were ejected was for running their mouths!

6 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

4 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Well your life is in jeopardy! Because both players that were ejected was for running their mouths!

There was lots of mouth running so I'd be more likely to believe that. Was watching the play and it was on the far side when it happened but never saw anything blatant. 

4 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Yeah... I wouldn’t trust you if my lunch depended on it. I’ll trust my source. 

28 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

There was lots of mouth running so I'd be more likely to believe that. Was watching the play and it was on the far side when it happened but never saw anything blatant. 

The Dawgs landing gear is about to come down for the next few weeks. They will finally start playing some decent teams.

16 minutes ago, GMEN94 said:

The Dawgs landing

gear is about to come down for the next few weeks. They will finally start playing some decent teams.

Honaker not a bad team. Richlands, still not sure what they have but will be tough regardless. Bluefield will be a killer but have to make best efforts. Considering injuries they are doing quite well. Have come a long way from past several years and dog mania is back in town again!

12 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I'll keep my mouth shut on my predictions this week!! Lol. I took a beating. @stu_bean called me out on my Honaker prediction.....rightfully so!!! Congratulations Bulldogs on a great win tonight. I will be pulling for you this coming Friday as well. 

I feel your pain.  although i got the tazewell game right i made a mess out of my Richlands Radford prediction, going to be hard to go against the Blues from here on out.

9 hours ago, Team said:

I feel your pain.  although i got the tazewell game right i made a mess out of my Richlands Radford prediction, going to be hard to go against the Blues from here on out.

I'm not sure the game would have ended the same had Radford had PJ, Marshall, & Cobbs. Richlands would have had tougher time with Bobcats for certain. Congratulations to Blues though. Cade Simmons has improved tremendously in a short time.