Backyard Brawl 2019 Edition

Ryan4VT

The difference for Richlands has been clear. It's running the football. It started with Abingdon and it continued with Radford. I watched this game and I counted how many times Richlands passed the ball when it had first down. I counted 2 times the entire game. That is different. That approach is not the norm. It's not the same for Coach Mance historically. Also, doing this against a team in which it's front four is the strong point.

Additionally, on second downs for Richlands, I counted about 2 runs for every 1 pass in these 50/50, could go either way run or pass downs. Richlands used the run to open up the pass in Abingdon and it clearly did this on Radford. All of a sudden, the QB looks incredibly accurate and the passing game on point. The QB has improved because of the running game, and the running game is the reason Abingdon and Radford each have a loss in the last few weeks, and it's why Richlands gave Bluefield a battle.

If Richlands continues to stick with the run on early downs and continues to use it to open up the passing game and not vice versa, they can beat Graham. Not saying they will, but they will have the ability to pull it off. Congrats to Richlands on turning it around. The Blues have pulled it together and their right there with Union, Ridge view and Graham in my opinion. Tazewell still is better up front than many realize or give em credit for and they keep this game within 17 points. 35-20, Richlands wins.

7 hours ago, THS6805 said:

I seen same play on jojo. I didnt see anybody throw down. But did see alot of running the mouth. I'm still confused on that one if supposedly throw a player down by his helmet.

Because it didn’t happen. 32 for Honaker had already be ejected, Bulldogs run a play to Tigers sideline and #32 starts running his mouth to JoJo and boom reaction gets an action.

1 hour ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Because it didn’t happen. 32 for Honaker had already be ejected, Bulldogs run a play to Tigers sideline and #32 starts running his mouth to JoJo and boom reaction gets an action.

I heard by him and three other players that he was talking to his own teammate. 

1 hour ago, Bulldog05 said:

I heard by him and three other players that he was talking to his own teammate. 

Hopefully someone has the video evidence or something enough to get it overturned.  Although Dogs were still moving the ball, a huge difference could be seen on defense and kick coverage with him off the field. 

I want to say that with Jojo our odds were still quite favorable.  Without it's a huge tilt towards Richlands.  Good thing is this is at home, the crowd will be rocking, and the players will be fired up regardless of who is on the field.  New faces started to make some plays and a name ro watch for as well.

39 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

For an ejection to be overturned, three parties must agree. 

The officials and the principal at BOTH schools must agree to overturn any suspension. 

Okay, well since you seem to know could you tell me this? How does it work? He got ejected in the early 2nd quarter and missed the whole second half. Shouldn’t he get to play the second half of the next game? Correct me and tell me please? Thanks. 

And unfortunately all 3 parties must agree.  The success rate in overturning an ejection is probably less than 5 percent. The referee would have to admit maybe they either missed something and/ or , overreacted , and the principals from both schools would have to get involved. So more often than not , it sticks. And no one  wants to play or at least they shouldn’t , vs a team without one of its best players. So I do hope it gets worked out. 

28 minutes ago, Tiger 2000 said:

And unfortunately all 3 parties must agree.  The success rate in overturning an ejection is probably less than 5 percent. The referee would have to admit maybe they either missed something and/ or , overreacted , and the principals from both schools would have to get involved. So more often than not , it sticks. And no one  wants to play or at least they shouldn’t , vs a team without one of its best players. So I do hope it gets worked out. 

Agreed. I’d much rather have a shot at continuing the streak with him on the field. 

3 hours ago, Tiger 2000 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't one of Honaker's players also get ejected, and therefore faces the same punishment.

13 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't one of Honaker's players also get ejected, and therefore faces the same punishment.

They did.  Maybe can do a scratch my back I'll scratch yours...

I am in no way trying to be controversial but being strong and deep on the bench is always a huge part of football.  Richlands has lost some players as well.  Logan Altizer had a season ending injury, the Gillispie kid has had a weak ankle not seeing much play.  Maybe more but that is all I know about.  Both were very good in my opinion.  None have been ejected that I know of.  This is an area where I think the Richlands coaches prepare extremely well early in the season.  A strong bench.  I know they have a developing strong backup quarterback in the Cox kid, who I think will eventually be one of the best to play in Richlands.   Unfortunately these situations come up during a season and  Tazewell coaches have seemed to at this point  handle these situations extremely  well.  I never dreamed they would put up 40  on Honaker with all the injuries they have suffered.  No matter what comes of this I think Tazewell will be ready to play a good game Friday.

The Honaker kid and JoJo and been going at  it the whole first half. ( jaw jacking not fighting)  But #32 got lippy with the ref which got him tossed. JoJo got ejected for saying something to someone, who knows what it was. But it sure wasn’t for tossing someone to the ground by there face mask!

1 hour ago, Bulldogs52 said:

The Honaker kid and JoJo and been going at  it the whole first half. ( jaw jacking not fighting)  But #32 got lippy with the ref which got him tossed. JoJo got ejected for saying something to someone, who knows what it was. But it sure wasn’t for tossing someone to the ground by there face mask!

Your coaching staff begs to differ. But what do they know? They’re only the coaches and all...

8 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Number 32 which is Dylan Casey got ejected for calling Jayden Taylor a N’er. 

8 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

@Bulldogs52 yeah we were at the game, to be a matter of fact I was standing at the concession stand right where it happened at within 10 feet. But who are we to know.😂

8 minutes ago, Bulldog05 said:

@Bulldogs52 yeah we were at the game, to be a matter of fact I was standing at the concession stand right where it happened at within 10 feet. But who are we to know.😂

Then you and your coaches have a VERY different understanding of why he was ejected. That's all I'll say.

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Then you and your coaches have a VERY different understanding of why he was ejected. That's all I'll say.

From now on, I’ll ask you everything I need to know about high school football, even up north since you seem to know everything.😁