Backyard Brawl 2019 Edition

Ryan4VT

Just now, Bulldog05 said:

From now on, I’ll ask you everything I need to know about high school football, even up north since you seem to know everything.😁

Never claimed to know everything. I'm just saying that what you are saying -- and what your coaches are saying -- are two very opposite things. Who knows which is right. 

5 hours ago, Bulldog05 said:

@Bulldogs52 yeah we were at the game, to be a matter of fact I was standing at the concession stand right where it happened at within 10 feet. But who are we to know.😂

Interesting.  The concession stands are in the west end zone.  Incident #1 with Casey happened near Honaker’s bench at Tazewell’s 40-yard-line.  Incident #2 with JoJo happened near Tazewell’s bench at Tazewell’s 45-yard-line.

I’m not a mathematician by any stretch, but those numbers aren’t adding up.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Interesting.  The concession stands are in the west end zone.  Incident #1 with Casey happened near Honaker’s bench at Tazewell’s 40-yard-line.  Incident #2 with JoJo happened near Tazewell’s bench at Tazewell’s 45-yard-line.

You guys were calling the game so enlighten us on the truth here. 

What I saw when Jojo got ejected was he broke the run to the far side of the field at the Honaker 35-40.  So did both incidents happen on the same play?  I saw some heated things happen after that but as usual there were penalties called at times that we never saw a flag anywhere on the field so it was very confusing to know what was happening and no explanation that you could see at times.  Tempers were flaring for sure.  He was burning them like crazy running all over them and he had two TDs on kicks called back for maybe questionable calls.

18 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Was either player given a warning before their ejection?

Can't answer that one for sure.  Tempers were flaring for obvious reasons and a few penalties assessed with everybody wondering where the flag on the field was.

4 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

You guys were calling the game so enlighten us on the truth here.  What I saw when Jojo got ejected was he broke the run to the far side of the field at the Honaker 35-40.  So did both incidents happen on the same play?  I saw some heated things happen after that but as usual there were penalties called at times that we never saw a flag anywhere on the field so it was very confusing to know what was happening and no explanation that you could see at times.  Tempers were flaring for sure.  He was burning them like crazy running all over them and he had two TDs on kicks called back for maybe questionable calls.

Incident #1 (#32 - D. Casey) happened on Honaker’s possession immediately before Incident #2 (#2 - J. Jordan), which happened on Tazewell’s next possession.  We did not have a clear vantage point of either incident, hence the information we had was relayed to us by other (trustworthy) sources.  I would rather not publicly post what my understanding is, as I did not directly observe it, and do not wish to sully the reputations of either of those young men for actions taken in the heat of the moment.

I was content to let the tit-for-tat go without comment, until the poster whom I quoted stated what is a physical impossibility.  

7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Incident #1 (#32 - D. Casey) happened on Honaker’s possession immediately before Incident #2 (#2 - J. Jordan), which happened on Tazewell’s next possession.  We did not have a clear vantage point of either incident, hence the information we had was relayed to us by other (trustworthy) sources.  I would rather not publicly post what my understanding is, as I did not directly observe it, and do not wish to sully the reputations of either of those young men for actions taken in the heat of the moment.

I was content to let the tit-for-tat go without comment, until the poster whom I quoted stated what is a physical impossibility.  

That's all I can say is what I saw and witnessed.  When the flag (that was seen) was thrown it was a double flag of holding and unsportsman that led to the 2nd and 40 play we had.  I never saw anything happen other than more mouth running.  It was the Honaker side that Jordan ran to on the scoreboard side so hard to see exact details on it.

Either way what needs to happen is just focus on what is in front of them and to get hold and control the things that they can control.

20 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

That's all I can say is what I saw and witnessed.  When the flag (that was seen) was thrown it was a double flag of holding and unsportsman that led to the 2nd and 40 play we had.  I never saw anything happen other than more mouth running.  It was the Honaker side that Jordan ran to on the scoreboard side so hard to see exact details on it.

Either way what needs to happen is just focus on what is in front of them and to get hold and control the things that they can control.

The 1st-and-40 was a complete mystery to us.  For the world, the flags (personal foul and unsportsmanlike conduct) looked like they were both thrown after the conclusion of the play, which would make them dead-ball penalties.  The officials apparently ruled at least one of them as live-ball, which results in replaying the down and distance.  The chain gang and booth were badly off all night in terms of down-and-distance, so 2nd-and-40 (which they had marked) was reasonable until we realized (after Tazewell did not convert on 3rd down [on what we thought was 4th down]) that it was indeed 1st-and-40.  It made a huge difference, as Tazewell converted the 4th down and went on to score the TD.  

The refs had pretty good command of the game early, and pretty much threw their hands up and let chaos rule from the 2nd quarter on.

47 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

What will be the Tazewell excuse after this Friday's game???

Get ahead of it now!

No excuses but it's hard to get ahead when your star RB is out for the season.  Second RB is out for the season.  Third RB ineligible for this game who is also a key defender.  Several other injuries as well.  Richlands probably wins but I don't know how you can brag or talk big about it when you are playing a decimated team.  On the other hand though if Tazewell does manage to pull it out somehow, that says a lot of Richlands team...

More freshmen playing filling in the gaps this week.  They looked good last week but still are just freshmen.  I'll take a win or a loss but I do not want to hear any gloating from Richlands people on how we thought this was the year.  It was, until injuries and now we will just have to take what we can get and the Dogs give it their all!

2 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

What will be the Tazewell excuse after this Friday's game???

Get ahead of it now!

No one has said anything to have to put out an excuse. We know what we have and DON’T have going into the game. I know Richlands has found momentum which they usually do this time of year after the schedule they have. 

It can’t be  “your year”  if you had everyone healthy when graham took you all behind the woodshed in week 2. And they may do it to Richlands.,  But if they do. It will not be said by Richlands fans that “ this was our year “.  Maybe there is just a difference between what Richlands considers a good year and what tazewell considers a good year ? 

6 minutes ago, Tiger 2000 said:

It can’t be  “your year”  if you had everyone healthy when graham took you all behind the woodshed in week 2. And they may do it to Richlands.,  But if they do. It will not be said by Richlands fans that “ this was our year “.  Maybe there is just a difference between what Richlands considers a good year and what tazewell considers a good year ? 

Tazewell had 2 out for the season already and 5 unavailable for game action (out of a roster of 41) coming into the Graham game, so the Bulldogs weren’t perfectly healthy then either.  Tazewell had limited success moving the ball until Chancellor Harris went out late in the first half with a minor leg injury (and remained out the rest of the game).  With everyone fully healthy, Graham almost certainly still wins, but it’s not 45-0 either.  

May want to back off just a tad...

13 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Tazewell had 2 out for the season already and 5 unavailable for game action (out of a roster of 41) coming into the Graham game, so the Bulldogs weren’t perfectly healthy then either.  Tazewell had limited success moving the ball until Chancellor Harris went out late in the first half with a minor leg injury (and remained out the rest of the game).  With everyone fully healthy, Graham almost certainly still wins, but it’s not 45-0 either.  

May want to back off just a tad...

Agree completely

Look at difference of offense when Harris went out at Princeton.  Nobody ever said this was the year to win state.  This was probably the year we could get Richlands.  Everybody knows/knew Graham would be another state contender.

We have had a stretch of bad years and a good year in my opinion would be anything over .500  These kids have worked their butts off over the past two seasons through tough seasons and everybody used to them not competing.  This year and next was to be their years that they worked for and earned.  We will never know what could have been this Friday regardless the outcome and I hate it for those that did work so hard and stayed with it.

Nobody wants to see any players out.  I know for a fact that Richlands players would want chance and jo jo playing if they could. it would make things much tougher for the blues because both of those kids are  great athletes. A win is a win. But there is no glory in knowing tazewell will be without several of their horses.  Hopefully it’s a good clean game and I’m sure tazewell will show up and rally for the guys that are out. Looking forward to it.  

16 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

My recollection was the play Jo got ejected on happened on around the 30-35 yard line but it was at Honakers bench I’m certain because I remember him walking across the field. Also I am pretty certain there were two concession stands one in the end zone and one on around the opposite 35 yard line home side 

1 hour ago, techfan said:

My recollection was the play Jo got ejected on happened on around the 30-35 yard line but it was at Honakers bench I’m certain because I remember him walking across the field. Also I am pretty certain there were two concession stands one in the end zone and one on around the opposite 35 yard line home side 

There was. And it happened directly in front of me when I was standing there getting drinks. But I’ll leave it at that. 

6 hours ago, Bulldog05 said:

There was. And it happened directly in front of me when I was standing there getting drinks. But I’ll leave it at that. 

That’s literally impossible.  There are two concession stands, and I’m presuming you didn’t make the Appalachian Trail-like hike to the concession stand on the scoreboard side, which is on the opposite side of the field where the action occurred.  That concession stand is even farther away than the distances I’m about to list.

The concession stand toward the hill is easily 15-20 yards (not 10 feet) beyond the fence separating the field and the west end zone, aligned along Honaker’s sideline.  The plays happened between Tazewell’s 40-45 yard line, #1 being on Honaker’s sideline and #2 being on Tazewell’s sideline.  For you to be standing at the concession stands, you were 60-65 linear yards from #1 and 90-95 linear yards from #2.

None of this changes what actually happened; what’s done is done.  However, don’t post something that’s flatly false to try and bolster your perspective.  There are enough who were at the game, and enough familiar with the layout of EMATS Stadium, to contradict what you’re saying.  Even for those who weren’t there, Google Earth shows pretty quickly that there are no concession stands even remotely close to where the incidents occurred.

I agree with the situation being one of no gloating for the Richlands fans.  Years ago when Richlands won the regional championship on a muddy field in Tazewell with Rasnick and Muncy playing for the Bulldogs, was one of the best games I've witnessed in this rivalry, and who ever would win that game had a good reason to gloat, but beating a team for 16 years in a row and now with all the injuries and ejections, there is no reason for gloating.  On the other hand, if Tazewell does pull off the upset, then by all means they would have every reason to gloat, getting the monkey off their back would be reason enough.  Good luck to both teams, wishing for an injury free game, have fun and enjoy.

I am a Blues fan from head to toe and will certainly be rooting for the Blues Friday night.  This will be the only game I will not be rooting for the Dawgs, every other one YES.  Friday night at the game between the Blues and Radford, I kept checking updates of the game  with Honaker.  I was glad to  see Tazewell winning.  Surprised, I was.  I really thought with the Dawgs depleted team, the Tigers would have the advantage.   These young boys have pressed through adversity and injury, maybe missing a beat or two, but giving up, no they haven't.  THEY SHOW THE HEART OF A CHAMPION.  

9 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

That’s literally impossible.  There are two concession stands, and I’m presuming you didn’t make the Appalachian Trail-like hike to the concession stand on the scoreboard side, which is on the opposite side of the field where the action occurred.  That concession stand is even farther away than the distances I’m about to list.

The concession stand toward the hill is easily 15-20 yards (not 10 feet) beyond the fence separating the field and the west end zone, aligned along Honaker’s sideline.  The plays happened between Tazewell’s 40-45 yard line, #1 being on Honaker’s sideline and #2 being on Tazewell’s sideline.  For you to be standing at the concession stands, you were 60-65 linear yards from #1 and 90-95 linear yards from #2.

None of this changes what actually happened; what’s done is done.  However, don’t post something that’s flatly false to try and bolster your perspective.  There are enough who were at the game, and enough familiar with the layout of EMATS Stadium, to contradict what you’re saying.  Even for those who weren’t there, Google Earth shows pretty quickly that there are no concession stands even remotely close to where the incidents occurred.

I’m not gonna sit an argue with you. I know what I seen. And when they ejected jojo it happened right near the concession stand towards the score board. But leave it to you to know everything since you obviously do😂 I’ll tell you the same thing I told the other guy, from now on I’ll ask you everything I need to know about high school football since you seem to know everything. But however, like you said. It’s done happened now, no point of arguing about it.