Ridgeview @ Union

swva_havok_fan

Let's get this party started.  The Wolfpack are undefeated at 5-0.  The Bears are coming off a loss to a good Paintsville team in which discipline apparently played a huge factor in the outcome.  The game is being televised by the CW in the Tri-Cities.  The stage is set, the Friday night lights will be bright, the Park will be rocking.  Is it Friday yet?  🙂

a week ago i would have said union would win this game but after lastnight with the stupid penalties we had and the we played overall i dont know. the injury we had lastnight will play a huge part in how we finish the rest of the season. that kid will be missed on both sides of the ball and was a huge part of our sucsess to this point. i hope we can clean the penalties up and fiond somebody to step up and fill the shoes of lomax. if not it could be a long night not jus friday but the rest of the season.

There were a lot of things that I saw RV needed to do better early in the year. I actually thought they might be a little over rated. They have improved a lot of those things and look like a different team. This is gonna be a great game, and a great atmosphere. I can’t wait. I will pick The pack. 

2 hours ago, The U Bear said:

a week ago i would have said union would win this game but after lastnight with the stupid penalties we had and the we played overall i dont know. the injury we had lastnight will play a huge part in how we finish the rest of the season. that kid will be missed on both sides of the ball and was a huge part of our sucsess to this point. i hope we can clean the penalties up and fiond somebody to step up and fill the shoes of lomax. if not it could be a long night not jus friday but the rest of the season.

What was the injury to Lomax? Hope he's ok.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:18 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Let's get this party started.  The Wolfpack are undefeated at 5-0.  The Bears are coming off a loss to a good Paintsville team in which discipline apparently played a huge factor in the outcome.  The game is being televised by the CW in the Tri-Cities.  The stage is set, the Friday night lights will be bright, the Park will be rocking.  Is it Friday yet?  🙂

Ole PJ and his trusty sidekick Casey sure do like going to Bullitt Park it seems like.

Union has looked good on D vs the run all season and RV has been able to put up BIG rushing numbers vs everyone one the schedule so far. IMHO the key to this game will be the Union offence vs the RV D the team that fars best on that side of the showdown will likely win the ballgame.

If Lomax is out who is his backup going into the ball game?

I think that Ridgeview is a better overall team but at Bullitt Park anything can and usually does happen, even if Union wins I still like Ridgeviews long term outlook better in the postseason. Having a legit D1 player makes a huge difference even if it is for just one or two plays a game and I think that Adkins will make the difference. 28-21 Ridgeview. 

1 hour ago, Counts said:

Union has looked good on D vs the run all season and RV has been able to put up BIG rushing numbers vs everyone one the schedule so far. IMHO the key to this game will be the Union offence vs the RV D the team that fars best on that side of the showdown will likely win the ballgame.

I would assume Satterfield if he's healthy even though he's a freshmen

9 hours ago, Cash said:

Will Lomax be good to go Friday?

No, very doubtful. 

6 hours ago, Counts said:

Big Johnny Satterfield. He’s Poliers cousin. He’s a freshman and he’s a head hunter.

2 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

No, very doubtful. 

Big Johnny Satterfield. He’s Poliers cousin. He’s a freshman and he’s a head hunter.

Nope it will be Jones, just like at Graham, to block that stud L B and also to run the crossbuck, 3.5 yards per carry for 8 min drives

5 hours ago, CriticalNoise said:

No, very doubtful. 

Any relation to the Satterfields that played at Lee back in the late 80's and 90's.  Eric played in the late 90s and was awesome, and I think Lee had a big lineman with the last name of Satterfield back in the late 80's/early 90's on some of those crazy good teams.

I think this game comes down to a simple choice for Union. Play like you did against Graham and win, or play like you did against Paintsville and lose. Ridgeview is going to be well prepared, and their players will be beyond hyped for this game. One untimely mistake by the Bears could be all it takes to lose control of this game. Have to play smart.

Polier and his cousin Satterfield are transfers from lee county.  Polier is a Satterfield (his mom was).  Same bunch. Satterfield’s dad was a stud and his brother was a good lineman in the early 90s. My coworker went to school with them all.