Ridgeview @ Union

swva_havok_fan

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

App State is the biggest I'm aware of. And you're right, awesome player!

Would make a good D1 FB or TE in my opinion. Heck maybe even LB. Best player ive seen the past 2 years. Schools gonna regret not getting this guy. You know hes not going to VT ot VA with their SWVA hatred. I heard back in 2010 when Richlands had Lowe at DE. Cant remember his first name but great player. Not sure if this story is true or not but i heard he went to a VT camp and they told him or his parents they could find a better player off the streets in the 757. Dont really see a school telling a kid that but you never know.

25 minutes ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Is there a reason why RV doesn’t get in the I formation and just run Adkins 30 times? 

Maybe they want to get him in more space with the spread. Union just has a good defense. Dont think it wouldve mattered. Union has always been a hard nosed team.

Still over a hundred and four YPC, but about 150 short of his season average and likely 6-7 less YPC. Union did a great job of not allowing the home run play after the first run of the game. I'm shocked he didnt get 30+ carries, he was always just one move or broke tackle away from going to the house. As someone else mentioned, Ridgeview didn't go to the I -formation until late but when they did, he always got positive yardage. Getting that head of steam seemed to help him, a lot of the spread looks saw Union string out the runs very well and not allow any cutback lanes.

7 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

Would make a good D1 FB or TE in my opinion. Heck maybe even LB. Best player ive seen the past 2 years. Schools gonna regret not getting this guy. You know hes not going to VT ot VA with their SWVA hatred. I heard back in 2010 when Richlands had Lowe at DE. Cant remember his first name but great player. Not sure if this story is true or not but i heard he went to a VT camp and they told him or his parents they could find a better player off the streets in the 757. Dont really see a school telling a kid that but you never know.

I wouldn't want to think they said that either, but the way swva is regarded compared to the rest of the state, they most likely feel that way.

8 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

UVA has offered 3 graham players in the last 3 seasons.

VT had two SWVA players on their roster this past year. 

Polier is a heck of a football player but in D1 recruiting measurables matter more than tape

23 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Polier is a heck of a football player but in D1 recruiting measurables matter more than tape

They do indeed. I've watched a guy down here this season who plays for Jensen Beach named Manny Rogers. He's a 5.7 3 star OL/DL that is committed to Free Shoes U™ . He passes the look test at 6'6 300, and has some impressive Hudl moments. I've seen two of their games this year, and outside of maybe a half dozen or so plays, he's been a non-factor and more than a few times has gotten embarrassed by smaller guys, like when the Treasure Coast 230 lb FB locked him up at the 4 yard line and drove him halfway into the end zone. This guy will have multiple snaps where he literally doesn't do much more than get out of his stance. I guess that someone from Rivals saw him at a camp and he performed well in individual drills in a tee shirt and shorts. He is athletic, and you can see his potential from time to time, but taking that many plays off should be a huge red flag. 

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Polier was a monster tonight. He just ground the RV defense into a paste. He also showed off his wheels, taking one run 91 yards and another 40+ yards. Phenomenal ballplayer.

For those who said he didn't have breakaway speed. Ask the Pack about that:)

44 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

They do indeed. I've watched a guy down here this season who plays for Jensen Beach named Manny Rogers. He's a 5.7 3 star OL/DL that is committed to Free Shoes U™ . He passes the look test at 6'6 300, and has some impressive Hudl moments. I've seen two of their games this year, and outside of maybe a half dozen or so plays, he's been a non-factor and more than a few times has gotten embarrassed by smaller guys, like when the Treasure Coast 230 lb FB locked him up at the 4 yard line and drove him halfway into the end zone. This guy will have multiple snaps where he literally doesn't do much more than get out of his stance. I guess that someone from Rivals saw him at a camp and he performed well in individual drills in a tee shirt and shorts. He is athletic, and you can see his potential from time to time, but taking that many plays off should be a huge red flag. 

Individuals on this board can speak to this way more than I can, including yourself. I'm assuming colleges look for the size in a lineman and that's it. If they have the frame I guess they feel like they can do the rest as far as strength and technique. 

If some of you guys on here with knowledge of how the "recruiting process" works and what these schools look for I would love to hear it. May be a completely separate thread so we don't hijack this thread lol

POY discussion may be a little early. And yes, call me biased, but Mason Polier should be the clear cut leader. Stays on the field. Leads. Gives linemen a shoutout in the paper. On the field, his motor doesn’t stop. Big plays on both sides of the ball. 

Adkins was a near non factor. For whatever reason, he spent a lot of time on the sidelines. Saw him throwing his hands up on TFL and complaining to his team. 

Now, the near no factor is not a slight. He just about beat us at the end. He is a stud. Great frame. Speed speed speed. And he has a gaggle of yards. But their opponents have been iffy until now and beyond. He has great ability and potential. 

Mason is by far the most complete player in this area. To be a state champion in an individual sport, he is an amazing team first player. 

Just my two cents. 

On a side note, this area is blessed with some solid athletes the past few season. 

4 minutes ago, Ol Dawg said:

POY discussion may be a little early. And yes, call me biased, but Mason Polier should be the clear cut leader. Stays on the field. Leads. Gives linemen a shoutout in the paper. On the field, his motor doesn’t stop. Big plays on both sides of the ball. 

Adkins was a near non factor. For whatever reason, he spent a lot of time on the sidelines. Saw him throwing his hands up on TFL and complaining to his team. 

Now, the near no factor is not a slight. He just about beat us at the end. He is a stud. Great frame. Speed speed speed. And he has a gaggle of yards. But their opponents have been iffy until now and beyond. He has great ability and potential. 

Mason is by far the most complete player in this area. To be a state champion in an individual sport, he is an amazing team first player. 

Just my two cents. 

On a side note, this area is blessed with some solid athletes the past few season. 

He also shuts his mouth and lets his pads do the talking. No showboating when he houses it either. He plays the game with the respect that it should be played with.

4 hours ago, EH31 said:

UVA has offered 3 graham players in the last 3 seasons.

VT had two SWVA players on their roster this past year. 

So you do not think he is D 1? 

We were told Thomas Jones even said the boy is D 1

Union wore down the RV defense, that was their game plan and it worked perfectly. RV has a small and inexperienced D-Line and it showed. Gotta give credit to the Union front seven too, they played tough. Overall this was a terrific game and hopefully we see the sequel in the playoffs at some point. However I have seen a lot of Adkins slander on this board today, and some saying Polier is better. I will say this, 43 has been the best two way player in the Conference since Mitchell graduated. And he’s probably the best two way player in the Region this year. He should be a D1 linebacker. Having said this, offensively, give me Adkins. I would like to remind everyone that 43 got almost 10 more carries than him last night which is a crime. Also, people have short term memory as they forgot what happened the first play from scrimmage. Unions game plan was to keep him off the field, and it worked. The time of possession difference was insane. Players like these two don’t come around often in this area so let’s just appreciate them instead of slandering either.