Ridgeview @ Union

swva_havok_fan

10 minutes ago, Keepitreal said:

Again I’m not saying is isn’t good. I’m saying if it’s based off M7 competition only then Polier wins hands down DPOY.  They all play the same M7 teams so the winner should be the one who beat the other.   If they want to take the other games into consideration then you can’t compare a team like Graham and Richlands to Honaker and Shelby Valley.   Polier preformed very well against those as well.  Heck Tiny Tim would have a monster night against Honaker.  Gotta compare apples to apples.  As far as Adkins goes he is good but again look at the level of competition.  He had 1400 yards against sub par teams.   Ridgeview has not played any REAL competition until last night.  They way I see it looking at Ridgeview remaining schedule, he will have 2 opportunities left to rack up his yards and that’s next week and last game of regular season.  

The only real way to compare apples to apples is if they are running behind the same offensive line, which they are not, so all comparisons are subjective.

12 minutes ago, Keepitreal said:

Again I’m not saying is isn’t good. I’m saying if it’s based off M7 competition only then Polier wins hands down DPOY.  They all play the same M7 teams so the winner should be the one who beat the other.   If they want to take the other games into consideration then you can’t compare a team like Graham and Richlands to Honaker and Shelby Valley.   Polier preformed very well against those as well.  Heck Tiny Tim would have a monster night against Honaker.  Gotta compare apples to apples.  As far as Adkins goes he is good but again look at the level of competition.  He had 1400 yards against sub par teams.   Ridgeview has not played any REAL competition until last night.  They way I see it looking at Ridgeview remaining schedule, he will have 2 opportunities left to rack up his yards and that’s next week and last game of regular season.  

Regardless of Competition who's putting up those numbers if they play the same exact schedule?????

13 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

The only real way to compare apples to apples is if they are running behind the same offensive line, which they are not, so all comparisons are subjective.

Correct and great point but again I wasn’t really comparing Polier and Adkins.  I was comparing Polier and Sproles.  

12 minutes ago, CoachT423 said:

Regardless of Competition who's putting up those numbers if they play the same exact schedule?????

Agreed. He is a beast just wished play calling was better to better suit his ability.  But again I was really comparing Polier and Sproles.   But as far as OPOY in M7. Only M7 games should be compared.  When it comes to region and state then if I had a vote it would be Adkins hands down based purely of his body of work this year.  

5 minutes ago, Keepitreal said:

Agreed. He is a beast just wished play calling was better to better suit his ability 

BIG Facts your are keeping it real about that lol  I wish play calling was better for the WHOLE team. I'm sorry Coaches put RV on bad situations on both sides with calling 

3 minutes ago, CoachT423 said:

BIG Facts your are keeping it real about that lol  I wish play calling was better for the WHOLE team. I'm sorry Coaches put RV on bad situations on both sides with calling 

Have done it for past couple years.   Makes absolutely zero sense sometimes the plays they call.   They try to get too cute and it bites them every time 

One thing for sure, both Union and Ridgeview are hitting the meat of their schedule now. Adkins should be rested against John Battle and both teams still have Abingdon, Somebody will have to play the GMen and Richlands is rolling now , it’s going to be tough to win this region. 
Union has beat the top teams but they would have to do it again if they won the region, and that’s never easy

4 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

One thing for sure, both Union and Ridgeview are hitting the meat of their schedule now. Adkins should be rested against John Battle and both teams still have Abingdon, Somebody will have to play the GMen and Richlands is rolling now , it’s going to be tough to win this region. 
Union has beat the top teams but they would have to do it again if they won the region, and that’s never easy

We still have Pikeville also.  I'm much more scared about that one to be honest.

Let's just all agree Adkins is better runner and Polier better overall player.  And to those who say Polier can't play on a power 5 team you guys do know the ACC is one of those 5 don't you.  Don't think he could play at Wake Duke or pretty much half of the conference

6 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Union at the meat of their schedule? Central, Abingdon and Battle is meat? 
what do you consider Richlands, Graham and Ridgeview? 

23 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Let's just all agree Adkins is better runner and Polier better overall player.  And to those who say Polier can't play on a power 5 team you guys do know the ACC is one of those 5 don't you.  Don't think he could play at Wake Duke or pretty much half of the conference

Wale forest has been a top 25 team this year

2 hours ago, goose111874 said:

I don't agree to that either.  I respect your opinion.  Polier is a beast and he's a better defensive player, but Adkins is a better offensive player by A LOT.  That's right, by A LOT.  Adkins is that good as a RB, period.  He's major.....major D1 FBS caliber as a running back and he's recruited that way for a reason.  He's legit.  I also read where one poster stated Polier had a better night than Adkins at Running Back.  I don't necessarily agree with that either.  Put Polier on the Ridgeview side and see if he gets the yards Adkins did when 5 players are hitting him as soon as he touches the ball.  What Adkins did against Union was incredible in my opinion.  He almost won the game.  He kept them in the game when they were outmatched.  Polier has a far better supporting cast around him.  When Adkins is starting on Saturdays in 2 or 3 years at an FBS school, we can revisit this thread.  The kid is a freak at running back and he isn't bad on defense either.  He's no Polier, but he isn't shabby by any means.

The above is just one guys opinion, but I'm sold on Adkins.  I had my doubts about the competition in the past.  After seeing him against Union, I'm more than sold on him. He's the real deal and more at RB.  Regarding his attitude?  Please folks.  Yes, the kid was frustrated as he was getting pummeled as soon as the ball was snapped and sure he was frustrated after having it easy for the early part of the season.  Being frustrated doesn't equal a bad attitude.  The kids wants to win and he's a competitor.  He got frustrated.  No big deal.  By everything I heard from Ridgeview fans, he's a good kid.  

2 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

I don't agree to that either.  I respect your opinion.  Polier is a beast and he's a better defensive player, but Adkins is a better offensive player by A LOT.  That's right, by A LOT.  Adkins is that good as a RB, period.  He's major.....major D1 FBS caliber as a running back and he's recruited that way for a reason.  He's legit.  I also read where one poster stated Polier had a better night than Adkins at Running Back.  I don't necessarily agree with that either.  Put Polier on the Ridgeview side and see if he gets the yards Adkins did when 5 players are hitting him as soon as he touches the ball.  What Adkins did against Union was incredible in my opinion.  He almost won the game.  He kept them in the game when they were outmatched.  Polier has a far better supporting cast around him.  When Adkins is starting on Saturdays in 2 or 3 years at an FBS school, we can revisit this thread.  The kid is a freak at running back and he isn't bad on defense either.  He's no Polier, but he isn't shabby by any means.

Polier is a better defensive by ALOT also and it's not close so I'm not sure what your arguing cause Polier isn't shabby on offense either.  The strength of schedule puts Polier over the top for me.

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Polier is a better defensive by ALOT also and it's not close so I'm not sure what your arguing cause Polier isn't shabby on offense either.  The strength of schedule puts Polier over the top for me.

True, but the difference is.  One will clearly and easily play at an FBS school on Saturdays when you and me watch TV.  There's a very good chance (at least by recruiting services right now) that the other one will not.   

1 minute ago, goose111874 said:

Also their QB was the one who almost won ball game not Adkins

Their QB was the one who had WR's open all night when they dropped back to pass BECAUSE of Adkins and Union begging Ridgeview to beat them with the pass.

1 minute ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Their QB was the one who had WR's open all night when they dropped back to pass BECAUSE of Adkins and Union begging Ridgeview to beat them with the pass.

True but Ridgeview was keying on Polier all night too what did we throw like 4 passes.  Listen I know Adkins will be better at the college level but he wasn't Friday night.

35 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Yes, the kid was frustrated as he was getting pummeled as soon as the ball was snapped and sure he was frustrated after having it easy for the early part of the season.  Being frustrated doesn't equal a bad attitude.  The kids wants to win and he's a competitor.  He got frustrated.  No big deal.  By everything I heard from Ridgeview fans, he's a good kid.  

Getting pummeled and frustrated in High School? You'll never make it at the next level then where the defense is twice as good than the high school level. 

1 hour ago, CriticalNoise said:

Getting pummeled and frustrated in High School? You'll never make it at the next level then where the defense is twice as good than the high school level. 

Yea, you will.  All players get frustrated and all players at some point get pummeled in a game where they are outmatched and physically whipped.  The good ones bounce back, the talent takes over, and they do fine.  The same will happen with Adkins.  He will do fine and he will be playing at the Power 5 level.  He's that good.  He will also learn from the experience.  By the way, where the Defense is twice as good at the college level (far better than twice as good but I get your point) so is the offense on which the kid will be playing.  The colllege offensive line will be "twice as good."  And at the college level, if he's on a team that gets physically whipped, that can happen, but if it happens like it did against Union, being able to say you had 119 yds on 23 carries is considered one heck of a game, especially when you had an approximate 75 yarder called back on the first play.  One final thing, Florida and Penn State, (two teams ranked in or near the top 10 in the nation) feel he can make it at the next level.  I kind of trust em.