Ridgeview @ Union

swva_havok_fan

43 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

119 yards was good against that defense,  and he earned every one of them,  watching the replay, looked as if he went out pretty often.  He healthy? Polier had a better night,  it happens. Hope they both get a chance to earn a free education. 

They will.  Polier is gonna get his also.  He's also legit.  

44 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

119 yards was good against that defense,  and he earned every one of them,  watching the replay, looked as if he went out pretty often.  He healthy? Polier had a better night,  it happens. Hope they both get a chance to earn a free education. 

That's what I'm saying,  I think some of the Union fans on here aren't giving their team enough credit.  I guess some are Union fans and some are not, but Good Lord man, Union's defense is stout.  It's pretty bad as# for a 2A Virginia Defense and getting 119 not just against Union, but with an offense in which is run oriented, and one in which Union knows is going to Run the Ball makes it even more impressive.  I'm surprised he wasn't a bit hurt by the third quarter.  That kid showed me some incredible toughness.  He was getting popped not just by one player, but by multiple players, and again, on a nasty and vicious defense that brings the wood every play.  I was more than impressed with Adkins.  

One last thing and let me be careful here because I want to make sure that "I let the coaches coach."  In one fans take only, just an opinion, not trying to be the coach, just an observation, not a parent, not angry or anything like that, but just a thought........a few more screens if you are Ridgeview in the form of bubble screens, hitches?  Especially with the crazy good WR they have that touches the ball about 5 times per 4 quarters?  Just sayin........I wasn't impressed with Ridgeview's play selection, but with that written, if you are used to running, running, and running and don't throw many screens, it's hard to turn into a screen football offense in one night, so I get it.  But from here on out, the Ridgeview staff surely has to know and understand that every team in the state of Virginia that knows anything about Ridgeview will be playing run and stacking 7 in the box, and more times than not, walking another 1 and sometimes, 2 more into the box when the ball is snapped.  Brothers, you gotta insert some bubbles and hitches in your offense.

3 hours ago, goose111874 said:

Also their QB was the one who almost won ball game not Adkins

If you go back and see if the QB would of been able to to lead it probably would have been 6. He was running behind the DB by 3 or more steps. It was underthrown went up over 2 guys (From what I remember) then almost was able to break it for a Merical

2 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Yea, you will.  All players get frustrated and all players at some point get pummeled in a game where they are outmatched and physically whipped.  The good ones bounce back, the talent takes over, and they do fine.  The same will happen with Adkins.  He will do fine and he will be playing at the Power 5 level.  He's that good.  He will also learn from the experience.  By the way, where the Defense is twice as good at the college level (far better than twice as good but I get your point) so is the offense on which the kid will be playing.  The colllege offensive line will be "twice as good."  And at the college level, if he's on a team that gets physically whipped, that can happen, but if it happens like it did against Union, being able to say you had 119 yds on 23 carries is considered one heck of a game, especially when you had an approximate 75 yarder called back on the first play.  One final thing, Florida and Penn State, (two teams ranked in or near the top 10 in the nation) feel he can make it at the next level.  I kind of trust em.

I get what your saying, but being a leading athlete not only on your team, but in the area & district, you can’t shake your head, hold your head down and throw your hands in the air when your getting hit in the mouth every play by the best defense you’ve seen all year. It’s gonna happen in college too. 
I guess it’s easily done when you’ve had your way with 5 other teams this year and done what you wanted, then you run into a brick wall and it changes. I get the frustration. I really do.

im not taking anything away from him, I think he’s a solid athlete, he’s very good, 

17 minutes ago, CriticalNoise said:

I get what your saying, but being a leading athlete not only on your team, but in the area & district, you can’t shake your head, hold your head down and throw your hands in the air when your getting hit in the mouth every play by the best defense you’ve seen all year. It’s gonna happen in college too. 
I guess it’s easily done when you’ve had your way with 5 other teams this year and done what you wanted, then you run into a brick wall and it changes. I get the frustration. I really do.

im not taking anything away from him, I think he’s a solid athlete, he’s very good, 

I agree with you.  I'm not condoning his behavior.  I'm just saying he's young and this is the first time he really has been the team leader.  Sexton was the leader during Adkins freshman and sophomore years.  The things you described are reasons why he acted this way.  First real game when he's been the leader after not being challenged for the first five games, and then he's hit in the mouth and gets the wood laid to him, and he acts out.  It's wrong.  I don't condone it.  But, lets give him a chance to see how he reacts from this experience in the future.  I think it will be very different.  

29 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

I agree with you.  I'm not condoning his behavior.  I'm just saying he's young and this is the first time he really has been the team leader.  Sexton was the leader during Adkins freshman and sophomore years.  The things you described are reasons why he acted this way.  First real game when he's been the leader after not being challenged for the first five games, and then he's hit in the mouth and gets the wood laid to him, and he acts out.  It's wrong.  I don't condone it.  But, lets give him a chance to see how he reacts from this experience in the future.  I think it will be very different.  

Sexton was a transfer last year.  He wasn’t at Ridgeview Adkins freshman year. 

23 minutes ago, Keepitreal said:

Sexton was a transfer last year.  He wasn’t at Ridgeview Adkins freshman year. 

Regardless, Adkins wasn't the team leader as a freshmen and he's not been in the situation in which he is the team leader, has the team on his shoulders in some respects, has unchallenged games to start the year, and then boom, he meets Union.  There are many a kids who would act out some in frustration.  I betcha the reaction is different next time.  By the way, his reaction wasn't that outlandish.  He didn't sling his helmet or getting into a vicious shouting match with teammates or coaches, at least from what we could see.  He did throw his hands up, he was visibly frustrated, and that wreaks of immaturity and frustration from an incredible amount of pressure on this kids shoulders.  He will be fine.  He's a good kid.

9 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

We still have Pikeville also.  I'm much more scared about that one to be honest.

You will win, those kids don’t like to get hit in the mouth....disclaimer, only if you play on the Ridge.You will have to score 50+ because those kids like to throw

8 hours ago, goose111874 said:

So I'm just wondering how throwing you hands up and getting frustrated because you've been getting blown up in the backfield up like makes you a bad person or something???? If you asked someone that actually knew him they would probably tell you he is very humble and a great kid. Its football it happens every Friday night any where you go you will see someone showing frustration. What about how #44 for Union acts out there on the field at times??? 

1 hour ago, CoachT423 said:

So I'm just wondering how throwing you hands up and getting frustrated because you've been getting blown up in the backfield up like makes you a bad person or something???? If you asked someone that actually knew him they would probably tell you he is very humble and a great kid. Its football it happens every Friday night any where you go you will see someone showing frustration. What about how #44 for Union acts out there on the field at times??? 

#44..Na that's the WATERBOY!!

That's not frustrated...That's just him he's little crazy🤣😁🤔

5 hours ago, UNION#ATW said:

#44..Na that's the WATERBOY!!

That's not frustrated...That's just him he's little crazy🤣😁🤔

Yeah he plays like the Waterboy sometimes hahaha. I seen scrimmage against Elizabethton he about blew a gasket there lol. I've heard he was just a little crazy from multiple people  lol. If Adkins acted out like that of would be different to me 

37 minutes ago, CoachT423 said:

Yeah he plays like the Waterboy sometimes hahaha. I seen scrimmage against Elizabethton he about blew a gasket there lol. I've heard he was just a little crazy from multiple people  lol. If Adkins acted out like that of would be different to me 

In all do respect sir...

I didn't think that Adkins showed out towards the end of the game...If anything he might have been fired up... over getting ( game tackled by 3or4 players at a time, that happened alot)...just my 2 cents..

55 minutes ago, UNION#ATW said:

In all do respect sir...

I didn't think that Adkins showed out towards the end of the game...If anything he might have been fired up... over getting ( game tackled by 3or4 players at a time, that happened alot)...just my 2 cents..

No disrespect taken at all sir. I like hearing everyone's 2cents for sure always good to see other opinions.  Jw what you mean you didn't think he showed out towards the end of the game? 

17 minutes ago, CoachT423 said:

No disrespect taken at all sir. I like hearing everyone's 2cents for sure always good to see other opinions.  Jw what you mean you didn't think he showed out towards the end of the game? 

Just saying he didn't show no disrespect towards other people also him and my son took pictures after the game..

On 10/14/2019 at 4:08 PM, cwo7998 said:

Just wanted to say congratulations to Union on a great win and I am proud of the Wolfpack for not giving up and fighting back to make it a close game.

True that. Ridgeview is good....dam@ good. They lost to a Union team that's also dang good. Looking forward to the playoffs to see how these top4 in D shake out. All four are very close. Any of the four could do it and I wouldn't be surprised. If Richlands or Ridgeview were to win the Region, it's just not a surprise to me.  Only my opinion though.

2 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

True that. Ridgeview is good....dam@ good. They lost to a Union team that's also dang good. Looking forward to the playoffs to see how these top4 in D shake out. All four are very close. Any of the four could do it and I wouldn't be surprised. If Richlands or Ridgeview were to win the Region, it's just not a surprise to me.  Only my opinion though.

Be careful looking ahead to playoffs with the top 4 teams, I did it the other day and hurt someone's feelings because I was looking ahead to second round.

4 hours ago, UNION#ATW said:

Does anyone know what the attendance was of the game from last week? A lot of people showed up at Bullet Park...I'd like to know the number.

54 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Probably 2500ish. 

Home stands seat 2500. Visitors another 1000. They both looked pretty darn full. That would be 3500. No clue about the numbers around the fence. 500+??

Would like to have heard official numbers.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Home stands seat 2500. Visitors another 1000. They both looked pretty darn full. That would be 3500. No clue about the numbers around the fence. 500+??

Would like to have heard official numbers.

They were 3 deep around fence were i was so I would say they had to be around 5000 there.  I thought they would be more but I know 5 people that go to all the games that didn't go because it was on TV.