Coach Mance -Who's gonna Fill those shoes?

ojrussell

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t think there is among most people. I’ve spoken to many former players, parents, guys he coached with, all say good things about him including Greg Mance. You always have a select few that can’t say anything good about anybody or want to be a douche. As for Mance, I’d say he’s there until he & his wife decide to retire. 

They have already decided just a matter of when

And I've heard Thad wells will be very intetested

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

They have already decided just a matter of when

And I've heard Thad wells will be very intetested

Why would Thad leave the gig he’s got — to come back to Richlands?? That doesn’t make much sense for the career trajectory, to me anyways. 

5 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t think there is among most people. I’ve spoken to many former players, parents, guys he coached with, all say good things about him including Greg Mance. You always have a select few that can’t say anything good about anybody or want to be a douche. As for Mance, I’d say he’s there until he & his wife decide to retire. 

Sorry, I forgot that I lived in a world of butt hurt people who can't take a joke. Please forgive my dark sense of humor. I hope you didn't cry over this. 

9 hours ago, local_insight said:

Sorry, I forgot that I lived in a world of butt hurt people who can't take a joke. Please forgive my dark sense of humor. I hope you didn't cry over this. 

Ain't nobody butt hurt at your attempt of humor, you give yourself way too much credit dude, I was simply responding to another board member's question. Ghost of Ernie Hicks funny, rubbers , meh, not really. 

11 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

This is how I feel, too. But I've heard that he's on the fence. So you never really know.

This is the same thing I have heard from good sources Ryan.  He loves Richlands but may think about some other opportunities that may or may not come his way. 

I don't think he knows 100% what his future plans are going to be.  I think if the RIGHT opportunity ( whatever he & Ann thinks that would be ) comes along I think he would give it some serious thought of leaving.  But I guess we will all find out when he decides to let us know.   I hope he stays for as long as he wants to coach here..........He deserves and has earned it !  He has taken Richlands football to a consistent higher level than what it ever was before him

Just my opinion though.

19 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Why would Thad leave the gig he’s got — to come back to Richlands?? That doesn’t make much sense for the career trajectory, to me anyways. 

Just what I heard from a pretty good source....maybe he wants to come home...who knows...guess you will find out when Mance decides to hang it up

On 10/7/2019 at 10:39 PM, Tiger 2000 said:

If I was mance , and had Webb , Steele , Cox, and a really strong  JV team coming up. I might just hang around.  

Mance will leave when the time is right, and to all us true blue fans, the timing will never be right, but we all know it's coming.  He has not only developed a good program, but also changed the whole towns attitude about winning.  Before him, no one expected a winning season every year, now most expect a championship every year.  No matter who replaces him, it will not be a walk in the park, and if the Blues don't continue winning, it's going to get ugly quick.  

21 hours ago, Liam McPoyle said:

You should give Vaught full credit. He's also spewed more racial slurs than most coaches.

At least you spelled his name right.  Other than your trash comment, you didn't argue with his football knowledge.  I would dare to say from Lexington to PH-Roanoke to Tazewell to Richlands, 99% of the players that played for him would fight you, at the drop of the hat over him.  He didn't care what your last name was or how much money your family had, the best played.  I count myself lucky that I had the opportunity to be around him.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:49 AM, old_school_blue said:

At least spell his name right.  He's forgotten more football than most know.

I know his name, and how to spell it..........he had great players, and great future head coach assistants at every stop of his cussing, racial career.  Ask around pal.......

3 hours ago, old_school_blue said:

At least you spelled his name right.  Other than your trash comment, you didn't argue with his football knowledge.  I would dare to say from Lexington to PH-Roanoke to Tazewell to Richlands, 99% of the players that played for him would fight you, at the drop of the hat over him.  He didn't care what your last name was or how much money your family had, the best played.  I count myself lucky that I had the opportunity to be around him.

I'm guessing the 1% would include the African-American players from the '89 PH-Roanoke team