Marion @ GC

Hokie101

This is a must win for GC in my opinion.  I don’t know anything about Marion this year.  I was a little surprised on last weeks performance vs GW so who knows what will happen.  It’s homecoming for GC and I believe the win streak starts this week.

Marion's defense has been stout against downfield run-oriented teams and their offense has been anemic most of the season. If the season thus far has been an indication, if GC scores 21 points, they win.

3 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

Marion's defense has been stout against downfield run-oriented teams and their offense has been anemic most of the season. If the season thus far has been an indication, if GC scores 21 points, they win.

They gave up 38 to lebanon and over 300 yard, they were lucky to win that one. 

11 minutes ago, Pioneer pride said:

They gave up 38 to lebanon and over 300 yard, they were lucky to win that one. 

Lebanon's defense is the reason why Marion won that game. Lebanon was only the second team this year to allow more than seven points from Marion's offense (they scored nine points in two games by getting safetys). In fact, if you remove garbage time and defensive scores from the equation, Marion was only averaging 8 points per game before Lebanon, while allowing 23 points, which isn't bad considering that they were turning the ball over four times a game. I've seen every game that Marion's this season and I have to say, I don't believe the narrative that Marion has suddenly found an offense, and I don't say that to crap on Marion or Lebanon, but it was the traditional "Marion homecoming shootout" that the Canes play every year, and I don't think based on what I saw that their offense is that good or that their defense is that bad.

11 hours ago, Plywood_King said:

Lebanon's defense is the reason why Marion won that game. Lebanon was only the second team this year to allow more than seven points from Marion's offense (they scored nine points in two games by getting safetys). In fact, if you remove garbage time and defensive scores from the equation, Marion was only averaging 8 points per game before Lebanon, while allowing 23 points, which isn't bad considering that they were turning the ball over four times a game. I've seen every game that Marion's this season and I have to say, I don't believe the narrative that Marion has suddenly found an offense, and I don't say that to crap on Marion or Lebanon, but it was the traditional "Marion homecoming shootout" that the Canes play every year, and I don't think based on what I saw that their offense is that good or that their defense is that bad.

I definitely  agree on Lebanon's defense, it's not good. I mean to hold a 38 to 34 lead with 40 seconds to go and give up a long drive ending with a td, which included a 15 yard penalty  on the pioneers  is just bad.